• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

kaln0ky

Smash Rookie
Or. Or. We watch you eat your words. That day will come. I promis3 you. And when that day comes I will gladly remind you of this and how I was supposedly never to be relevant.
i think you'll r3main relevant with **** posts like these. i'm just waiting til next month when you have a new main/tag.

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
Say what you will, h3's on3 3st33m3d fr33wh33l3r.

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
reminders for the wednesday salt lake weekly at 801labs:
-food is now restricted to the kitchen area. don't eat or put food elsewhere.
-drinks must have your gamer tag or something clearly written on it. unattended drinks with no mark will be thrown away. bring a marker if you must.
-park properly.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Sad to hear that deathkingsasquare. Looking at all these new names is refreshing and sad. Kind of kills my desire to come back if the community has changed too much. I've really become a washed up old man. I do retain my Joseph Smith of melee title however. Hope that isn't sacreligious I love you guys and actually have a lot of respect for Mormons that I didn't have prior to living in UT. Pretty solid religion.

Things have changed for me a lot since I left. My grill wants me to take her to see UT so I'll see about planning it out. Will disappear back into obscurity and let you guys know if/when it's happening. And will definitely not miss the damn plane again

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
i remember you left as i just joined the scene mang. hope all's well

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
Sad to hear that deathkingsasquare. Looking at all these new names is refreshing and sad. Kind of kills my desire to come back if the community has changed too much. I've really become a washed up old man. I do retain my Joseph Smith of melee title however. Hope that isn't sacreligious I love you guys and actually have a lot of respect for Mormons that I didn't have prior to living in UT. Pretty solid religion.

Things have changed for me a lot since I left. My grill wants me to take her to see UT so I'll see about planning it out. Will disappear back into obscurity and let you guys know if/when it's happening. And will definitely not miss the damn plane again
definitely let us know if plans become more solid. there are a lot of new people, but there's still plenty of the old guard hanging around!

Easy_To_Remember

Smash Rookie
sup dudes, its easy. i've been going to the monthlies for about 6 months now. anyways, im wondering if we've got any sort of power rankings for central utah, or at the very least utah as a whole. thanks

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
results and videos from the tuesday salt extravaganza:

wii u: http://smashboards.com/rankings/2016-04-12-game-den-weekly-wii-u.12870/event
melee: http://smashboards.com/rankings/2016-04-12-game-den-weekly-melee.12871/event

shoutouts to rage, a logan resident who made it down to the provo weekly and did some work against the melee falcons!

also note, for those planning to come to the salt lake weekly, i won't be at 801labs until like 6, so don't come early today or you'll be greeted with a locked door!

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
wednesday salt lake weekly results and videos:

melee: http://smashboards.com/…/2016-04-13-smash-labs-weekly…/event
wii u: http://smashboards.com/…/2016-04-13-smash-labs-weekly…/event

shoutouts to @DuskMarthWater, an idaho homie, who joined us yesterday for melee. shoutouts to cody(?) who took some video of the weekly today. hope you were able to get some good footage.

shoutout to Sephiroths Masamune Sephiroths Masamune for coming out to the weekly after being away for so long. next time, i got you on the post-tourney food! ;-)

shoutout to jordi, one of the soutah cedar city boyz, for joining us this week as well!

shoutout to Calculus who, after a string of wins against @BestNess, was almost able to overtake the number 1 spot in smash 4. good luck to you guys, as well as FroZn, @Shamsy, @Diablo and the rest of the smash 4 players going down to the arizona regional this weekend. drive safe and make a name for yourselves!

Last edited:

Logos

Smash Apprentice

Id love to meet the old roots of utahs old top players. You should definitely come to something!

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
It bums me out this thread is so dead and Facebook is the main place for the scene now. But seeing all the trash smash 4 players post on FB, maybe it's for the best.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
Premium
BRoomer
It bums me out this thread is so dead and Facebook is the main place for the scene now. But seeing all the trash smash 4 players post on FB, maybe it's for the best.
Y U NO LIKE SM4SH?

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
It's because 2/3rds of the scene now is Sm4sh players, but none of them want to join in here because its mostly people who hate on sm4sh or are super old members who don't show up for squat anymore so they aren't known by the young scene

(Hell, I am not certain I know everyone from Utah who has posted since I've joined it)

Last edited:

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
That feeling when you've been on Smashboards for so long that when you joined, Youtube didn't exist yet, and you had to download smash videos from the hub.

Facebook is just so dang central for everything. Oh well.

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
Premium
BRoomer
That feeling when you've been on Smashboards for so long that when you joined, Youtube didn't exist yet, and you had to download smash videos from the hub
Ah yes. The hub. I hoarded video files. I still have a bunch of ancient match videos.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
since everybody checks facebook and nobody checks this thread, nobody will know im gay

Smash Journeyman
That feeling when you've been on Smashboards for so long that when you joined, Youtube didn't exist yet, and you had to download smash videos from the hub.

Facebook is just so dang central for everything. Oh well.
According to Your profile, when You joined Smashboards didn't even exist :glare:

Top Bottom