• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

WoolMoth

Smash Rookie
It shouldn't be a factor at all when making such a big life decision.
I don't think that is necessarily fair. You could argue it shouldn't be a BIG factor, which I agree. I was already leaning towards USU for many other reasons which Is why I wanted to know. But I feel that being able to pursue hobbies or activities you enjoy is definitely a factor when deciding where you want to spend the next 4 years of your life. Another example is skiing. If I like to ski and skiing is a big hobby of mine I would definitely consider going to a school where skiing is actually available. So I might consider a school in colorado rather than say kansas. If I like sports and going to sporting events I might like to consider a school that has a good sports scene with events many people attend rather than a D3 school for say. Being able to keep doing the stuff I enjoy is a valid reason for schools imo.

Stitch4

Smash Cadet
I don't think that is necessarily fair. You could argue it shouldn't be a BIG factor, which I agree. I was already leaning towards USU for many other reasons which Is why I wanted to know. But I feel that being able to pursue hobbies or activities you enjoy is definitely a factor when deciding where you want to spend the next 4 years of your life. Another example is skiing. If I like to ski and skiing is a big hobby of mine I would definitely consider going to a school where skiing is actually available. So I might consider a school in colorado rather than say kansas. If I like sports and going to sporting events I might like to consider a school that has a good sports scene with events many people attend rather than a D3 school for say. Being able to keep doing the stuff I enjoy is a valid reason for schools imo.
Do you man. PC is just a weaboo tard. Pick whatever school seems best, whatever your reasons may be.

Also, this thread again showing why it is 10/10. Somehow this kid asking about smash scenes at different colleges led to people giving him life advice. We all have a little autism hidden inside. We just need to let it shine.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
That's fine. Everyone is over-reacting. You just came off as using that as a major criterion :p.

If you are around logan area this weekend it looks like the USU e-sports club is hosting a tournament. I'm not saying I'll be there. However, if my girlfriend abandons me for the weekend(which it sounds like might happen), I may show up.

https://www.facebook.com/events/776889885748158/

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
just a heads up, we're gonna try the proposed change for the salt lake wednesday weekly. melee will start at 6:30pm and wii u will start at 8:30pm. signups until 30 minutes before tournament. make sure you tell your friends and other smashers so the word gets around. thanks!

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The examples that you gave are very much affected by the school, since a school's sports program will greatly influence that. As for skiing, it is greatly influenced by geographical location. But Smash is neither a commonly supported activity that schools spend big money to sanction nor is it affected by a specific school's location. Regardless of which school you choose, you will still have access to most of the major Smash events hosted elsewhere, so school choice is hardly going to affect your Smash hobby. There are occasional Smash events that the UofU's Smash Club hosts from time to time, but I rarely go to those since it's hardly worth it most of the time. Most of the ones that are really worth going to are elsewhere (seems that way for USU, too), so my choice of school didn't affect that at all. I chose the UofU for its value as an education institute, with Smash influencing none of that choice, and I'm still able to pursue a Smash hobby just as fine.

Do you man. PC is just a weaboo tard. Pick whatever school seems best, whatever your reasons may be.

Also, this thread again showing why it is 10/10. Somehow this kid asking about smash scenes at different colleges led to people giving him life advice. We all have a little autism hidden inside. We just need to let it shine.
Who are you, again?

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Since when is countering scummy, if its your best option to win, use it. Get good on your own time and in money matches/friendlies, in tournament you're there to win, not play a ditto and maybe win. Just counterpick the scrub and get your tournament money, ditto him in a character locked money match or some **** later.

Last edited:

Tacblack

Smash Apprentice
Since when is countering scummy, if its your best option to win, use it. Get good on your own time and in money matches/friendlies, in tournament you're there to win, not play a ditto and maybe win. Just counterpick the scrub and get your tournament money, ditto him in a character locked money match or some **** later.
I'm not saying that all countering is scummy. Countering a peach ditto with puff is the scummiest choice because that's one of peach's worst matchups. Essentially, it's using Puff as a crutch and it doesn't help get better whatsoever. Especially when it's a 50-50 matchup. You need the tournament experience. Friendlies and MM's obviously help but don't solve the problem. It really helps to try to get every matchup down with your character because that's how you learn the fastest.

And btw, if you feel it necessary to counterpick a ditto with that character's worst matchup, you likely aren't racking in any dough from a tournament.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im assuming in this situation youre actually at least competent at the game. You dont exactly need to be good to place in Utah.

And if you aint good, then get good first.

Nikku

Smash Rookie
I hope this is the right place to ask, but if I wanted to put up some events for SoTah where would I throw those up for people to see?

Smash Journeyman
He still makes pretty great comments occasionally. Recently He called the admins pushovers for siding with popular opinion and featuring games that people actually want to play at our events. Also props to Nick for being the first person in St. George to learn how to use Smashboards.

Nikku

Smash Rookie
He still makes pretty great comments occasionally. Recently He called the admins pushovers for siding with popular opinion and featuring games that people actually want to play at our events. Also props to Nick for being the first person in St. George to learn how to use Smashboards.
Lol why thank you 941 <3

Mostly here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1422011794735948/

Posting them here as well wouldnt hurt though.
Funny story I was specifically meaning other than that facebook page :p but thank you none the less! I should have clarified!

(also sorry for the double post. >.<)

Last edited by a moderator:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
User was warned for this post
nO ONE GETS IN THE WAY OF MY....... ............

Yung **** Posts

Last edited by a moderator:

Smash Journeyman
We broke the Moderators so now this thread is patrolled by the Super Moderators. GG no re.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
never forget that you're an entitled egotist who chooses to waste their time posting inane comments everywhere? how can we when you continuously remind us? ;-)

DrPhantasma

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrPhantasma
3DS FC
3325-3045-0409
Yeah, how dare he post ascii art that he found in my linked video's description because it was stupidly funny. EleGiggle he may be an egotist, but ascii art spam has nothing to do with that EleGiggle

Logos

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys know who you're talking to? He beat 2 Johns and Psychiatrist at Respawn Ready!
Roguay Roguay when's the next crimson lan so I can 3-0 you in less than 10 minutes again?

Top Bottom