• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

nqztv

Smash Journeyman

wangston

Smash Lord
Anybody want to have a smashfest today/tonight in Provo? I can't host it. But I'll go if there is one and I'll get other people to come too.

Last edited:

wangston

Smash Lord
I would have gone but I didn't see the invite until I had already left. I played Power Grid instead. What games where played at the fest?

Reptilephantom

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
razi#494
Logan sucks because everyone in Logan sits around saying "Logan sucks" instead of doing something about it so here goes

I have a capture card, USU weeklies when
we have weeklies on Saturday and Wednesday every week at the fusion lounge you should come by. We're trying to grow our little scene.

wangston

Smash Lord
Fest in provo tomorrow after 5? Do people even use smashboards in Utah any more? Or does everyone go some where else?

Smash Journeyman
Fest in provo tomorrow after 5? Do people even use smashboards in Utah any more? Or does everyone go some where else?
I think everyone goes to Facebook because so many Utah players are banned on Smashboards.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea it seems like this thread is slowly coming to the end of its life.

Its a shame, some great moments in here.

wangston

Smash Lord
Man, I don't have time for social media. I've been off that grid for years now. But I found some BYU guys to play pm with, might convince him to do a weekly pm fest. I'm also down for smash 4, I just have no clue where are the new smash 4 players in provo hide themselves.

So I made an account to view the fb page but put no picture and the name Miles Vorkosigan. Now I can't see anything. I guess they thought I was a bot or something and I got banned from the group.

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yeah, I saw the request and thought it was a bot, so I ignored it. I don't decline requests though, in case another mod actually knows who the person is.
If you were going to make a blank account like that, you should have said so here, beforehand. Don't know why you'd make an account with a fake name, anyway, when we all know who you are. Trying to avoid stalkers? XD

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
^^^ Johnsssssss, I wouldve accepted you Wangsto- I mean Miles

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Even after you're done with smash, you're still stuck here.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
This place is still good. I wasnt around in the competitive scene till smash 4 and this site is how I found this community, not Facebook.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
Man, I don't have time for social media. I've been off that grid for years now. But I found some BYU guys to play pm with, might convince him to do a weekly pm fest. I'm also down for smash 4, I just have no clue where are the new smash 4 players in provo hide themselves.

So I made an account to view the fb page but put no picture and the name Miles Vorkosigan. Now I can't see anything. I guess they thought I was a bot or something and I got banned from the group.
my buddy is in aspen village, he plays alot of smash 4 and i actually got him to come to the last kafenio with me. where are you at in provo

wangston

Smash Lord
I live by dixion middle in provo. Thats kind of near center street. I'm free to play, monday night, friday night (usally), and saturday all day. I no longer have a setup but I still have my controller. I also have a bike so I can easily get any where in provo.

Last edited:

DrPhantasma

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrPhantasma
3DS FC
3325-3045-0409
This thread was the last safe haven, free from Sm4sh ****posts and memes, along with only the occasional blowup.

I'm not even an old school player, this place was just way less ass than the FB Group (or rather a different kind of ass, a nice and refined ass). Plus it's fun to go back into the old pages and see what **** went down.

:yeahboi: R :yeahboi: I :yeahboi: P :yeahboi:

Fsonic95

Smash Cadet
NNID
fsonic95
This thread was the last safe haven, free from Sm4sh ****posts and memes, along with only the occasional blowup.

I'm not even an old school player, this place was just way less *** than the FB Group (or rather a different kind of ***, a nice and refined ***). Plus it's fun to go back into the old pages and see what **** went down.

I blame Alpharad for the rise of sm4sh memes

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
There's still hope for this place, just wait until all the people waiting for a chance to reply to your post with a dank meme find some other forum to do it on and we'll be right back to ****posting and haikus in no time.

Stitch4

Smash Cadet

I'm not even an old school player, this place was just way less *** than the FB Group (or rather a different kind of ***, a nice and refined ***). Plus it's fun to go back into the old pages and see what **** went down.

Truth.

Also, if you are in the Provo/BYU area, we have melee fests as a BYU crew every week on Fridays. And I'm not talking about that ******** "official" byu smash club that used to exist or still exists, I don't even know. They're garbage. The fests are on campus tho so if you aren't a student, or an alum at BYU or UVU, just hit me up.

wangston

Smash Lord
Truth.

Also, if you are in the Provo/BYU area, we have melee fests as a BYU crew every week on Fridays. And I'm not talking about that ******** "official" byu smash club that used to exist or still exists, I don't even know. They're garbage. The fests are on campus tho so if you aren't a student, or an alum at BYU or UVU, just hit me up.
Yeah, I got a hold of one of the melee people on the facebook group. I'm glad to hear its serious smash. The other things I've been to at BYU were always a joke. FFA items, and the people hosting legitimately disliked the competitive scene though Kenny won both semesters we went.

Last edited:
Top Bottom