• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
i alredy know im too hxc for people i just overestimate others in hopes they can handle this but nope

Stitch4

Smash Cadet
But then I have to be respoooonsible with up to date infooooooo.

Tonight was pretty solid though. I think people are getting into their normal swing of things with school.
Yeh, makes me happy and I hope this many or more people keep coming.

Side note, I learned that drunk rocky is a lot better at smash brothers than normal rocky.

DrPhantasma

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrPhantasma
3DS FC
3325-3045-0409
r/smashbros mod team is a Fucking Joke i got permabanned for saying "i wish hbox never got sponsored by liquid. everyone dislikes him for a reason"

thats not a reason to be banned and i didn't even receive a warning, plus its not like i receive lots of downvotes for my posts there, i have plenty of positive karma from the sub. someone in the mod team really has a hardon for hungrybox.

fucen terrible mods. r/ssbm is better anyways
r/smashbros and r/ssbm are 2 kinds of circlejerks and both are ass, but at least r/ssbm is less meme-y. r/smashbros is where you go to get shadowbanned for "controversial opinions".

Smash Journeyman
^ Post 44444 hype!
Also, if You were banned from r/smashbros for doing literally the same thing before, why are you surprised they banned You for it again? Not saying I agree with the ban, but You probably should have seen it coming.

Smash Journeyman
On an unrelated note, I was looking at the Melee rankings, and I find it amusing that X has been going up one rank each week for the last two weeks despite being banned. LOL
Well, it's not like He has to go to tournaments to miss F-smashes :p

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Results from last night!

Also, order of business: Trash situation is getting pretty ridiculous. So, effectively immediately, for every week that you can't seem to take your trash to the nearby garbage cans that are literally everywhere in the place, there will be a ban from bringing food into the venue or purchasing drinks from the fridge. Seriously, I've brought this up several times to pick up and toss your trash.

Like I also said, effective immediately, so no food next week in the venue.

Gamers Abbey said:
Thanks as always to those who came to the Salt Lake Labs Weekly! We hope to see you again next week. Results are as follows:

Melee - http://gamersabbey.challonge.com/20150916SLLWSSBM
1st - net1234
2nd - Logos
3rd - Tsuteto
4th - Docta Love
5th - SGT5
5th - Remi
7th - Blue Jay
7th - Tacblack
9th - Death Arcana
9th - Kymira
9th - A4Foot1Giant
9th - GKirbz
13th - Kalnoky
13th - Cait
13th - Kyle
13th - Scrub
17th - Bestness
17th - Poonami
17th - Hatch Backward
17th - Sproll
17th - Razgriz
17th - Drake
17th - Zhanshi
17th - Hondoh
25th - Dopins
25th - Shamsy
25th - zman
25th - Chris
25th - TagPending
25th - Samwize

Wii U Bracket - http://gamersabbey.challonge.com/20150916SLLWSSB4
1st - BestNess
2nd - Tickleman
3rd - Calculus
4th - Ice
5th - Shamsy
5th - Gkirbz
7th - Nightmare
7th - DemonsRush
9th - Frozn
9th - Rockmix
9th - Haymaker
9th - Tsunau
13th - Geometric
13th - Tsuteto
13th - Plasmus
13th - bellsworth46
17th - Cait
17th - Leon
17th - YoyoGuy
17th - Pwny
17th - Giggles
17th - Samwize
17th - Patio
17th - Armor

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Results from last night!

Also, order of business: Trash situation is getting pretty ridiculous. So, effectively immediately, for every week that you can't seem to take your trash to the nearby garbage cans that are literally everywhere in the place, there will be a ban from bringing food into the venue or purchasing drinks from the fridge. Seriously, I've brought this up several times to pick up and toss your trash.

Like I also said, effective immediately, so no food next week in the venue.
No food in the provo venue or SLC? Cause Im sad if no food or drinks in Provo, mang.

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
r/smashbros mod team is a Fucking Joke i got permabanned for saying "i wish hbox never got sponsored by liquid. everyone dislikes him for a reason"

thats not a reason to be banned and i didn't even receive a warning, plus its not like i receive lots of downvotes for my posts there, i have plenty of positive karma from the sub. someone in the mod team really has a hardon for hungrybox.

Bummer, man you have posted some hilarious stuff there that I've seen.

Last edited:

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458

r/ssbm and r/jglgiraffes are the only two subs I still visit regularly.

SB_BlueJay

Smash Rookie
On an unrelated note, I was looking at the Melee rankings, and I find it amusing that X has been going up one rank each week for the last two weeks despite being banned. LOL

The rankings are based off of ratio from wins to losses so he goes up because people above him are losing more games.
When/where? i'm new to the scene.
There is a weekly on Tuesday that starts at 6 at gameden Provo and one Wednesday at 801 labs salt lake same time

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The rankings are based off of ratio from wins to losses so he goes up because people above him are losing more games.
You're answering as if you think I don't know how it works and as if you know what you're talking about.
The ratings aren't as simple as win ratio. Who you win or lose against matters a lot more. This was purely because Logos, Jekyll, and X were all super close in points. Due to this, even if one of them loses once to someone around their level once, despite winning against a ton of much lower level players (which balances out their win ratio), they will likely lose enough points to put them down below the other two. Pretty much what happened to Jekyll and then to Logos.

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
Yea, like I've always had a higher win/loss ration than Rvkys, but he ranked higher than me for a significant period of time.

Smash Journeyman
For those of you planning on coming down to St. George on the 26th, here is the current working schedule:
11am - Doors open/help set-up
12noon - Project M Singles start
2pm - Amiibo 1v1 Tourney start
3pm - Melee Singles Start | Amiibo Free-For-All Tourney start
4pm - Smash 4 Doubles start
6pm - Smash 4 Singles start
7pm - Melee Doubles start
9pm - Money Matches and/or crew battles
10pm - Clean up and go home

For questions or comments, check out the event page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/769635039829375/

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
HOLLA AT YO HOMEBOY

I just finished attending a tournament in El Paso Texas after being out of the country for 6-7 years. (Yes that means I can go back to the U.S.A) and I still got it.

I was sent to lowers bracket and Papa Dai made a massive 6-0 comeback

WHOOP

devo_

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else crazy hyped for Rivals of Aether in two days?? If I ever get work off on a Tuesday I'll bring a setup to the Provo weekly.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Hey I'm still compiling comprehensive stats on Region sizes, tournament entrants, etc. Could someone from Nortah and Sotah be super awesome and link me their respective Challonge pages? :)

EDIT: It's all going to be on shiny graphics but here's a little preview:
Based on Gammer's Abbey's Challonge page from the period of March 21st-September 22nd PM events make up ~15% of Centah tournaments. With PM Doubles being <1% of total Centah events for this period. Lmao Gimr killed PM.

Last edited:

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Thanks a ton! It should work, I'm only compiling stats from March 2015-September 2015. Eventually I'll tackle older stats.
EDIT: Actually if you could PM a link to tournaments from when you started using the Challonge page all the way to March 21st 2015 that'd be fantastic.

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
Important information for everyone planning on coming to So U Smash 2 in St. George this Saturday: Due to all of the expected turnout, the venue has been moved from Game Haven to the Holiday Inn (2450 N Town Center Dr, Washington, UT 84780). For more information visit the Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/769635039829375/

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Thanks once again to all those that have come to the Provo Smash Den Weekly! Tournament results are as follows:

Wii U Bracket - http://gamersabbey.challonge.com/20150922PSDWSSB4
1st - Lada
2nd - BestNess
3rd - Travis
4th - Shamsy
5th - Staz
5th - Calculus
7th - Nightmare
7th - Aochider
9th - Frozn
9th - Tsuteto
9th - Ershin