• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
IDK DUDES, just trying to figure out why the venue fee would go up.
The venue was free previously, so to make a similar profit the venue fee needs to be increased. Is it that problematic to pay for services rendered? Pretty sure Gimr makes his living off smash, and I'd be surprised if Macd wasn't making a fair amount as well.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
@SoapSuds:
Actual numbers for Neumont:
42 - Sm4sh-only
24 - Melee-only
11* - USF4-only
16 - Multiple entries
==================
93 players in attendance

You'll also have to account for venue fee waivers/discounts.

* I'm guessing we had three USF4 players who also entered smash, but that's just a guess (mars, tea loop, gojira)

@ Tsuteto Tsuteto @ bellsworth46 bellsworth46 :
Is GamersAbbey an LLC? Regardless, you two should open up a bank account for the scene and provide some sort of visibility into budget/balance information. People are generally more willing to pay a higher venue fee when they know exactly what they're paying for. There was a PM TO in Norcal who did this (I'm not sure if they're still doing it) and allocated the surplus for things like pot bonuses, a good player fund, additional setups, etc. Doing this would also have the effect of keeping you from paying rental fees out-of-pocket if a tournament suddenly pulls half of the expected entrants.

tl;dr - If 50% of the venue fee was to pay for being graced with Tsuteto's angelic presence, that would most likely be fine. People just want to know.

Last edited:

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
The increase in cost should just go directly to a fund supporting Tim growing his beard back
Screw it, fifty dollar venue for this.

BTW I love the smash4 players who have been in the scene less than six months talking about how Lada has never done anything wrong. They've been doing the same stuff for way before I started playing back to like '07.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Melee and PM. Seriously, hit me up. I've been bored as hell since I moved into town.
801-885-1875

edit: in regards to the venue fee.

Tim has been actively trying to get more smash 4 set ups and more monitors.

So... a higher venue fee basically means he will be able to get the monitors and smash 4 set ups faster.

Even if he is just pocketing the remaining, is that really an issue? Should TO's and people helping be doing this as a charity all the time?

Last edited:

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
801-885-1875

edit: in regards to the venue fee.

Tim has been actively trying to get more smash 4 set ups and more monitors.

So... a higher venue fee basically means he will be able to get the monitors and smash 4 set ups faster.

Even if he is just pocketing the remaining, is that really an issue? Should TO's and people helping be doing this as a charity all the time?
He can pocket some money, absolutely. He brings monitors which is worth a decent amount. People can feel free to host on their own and try to do it for cheaper without GA to create competition. Nortah did it, but it's easier said than done.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
If you want to know the current outlook at price breakdown, let me know and we can discuss it. I have no problem going over it with people, and in the end the raise to $10 venue was my decision, not Tim's. He simply announced it for me in one giant announcement.

Last edited:

wangston

Smash Lord
Yo my ******!!! Any body seen The Wire? Great TV show, better than Breaking Bad even.

PM fest in provo from 4:30 til when ever people leave to go to the Provo game den tourney.

107 E 600 North. We will be in the basement. Use the side basement door. Come one come all.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
If anything, growing one's beard back requires less money, due to not having to waste money on shavers (or electricity/batteries for electric ones).
Yea right PC I've spent over 50 bucks on beard products:×

Screw it, fifty dollar venue for this.

BTW I love the smash4 players who have been in the scene less than six months talking about how Lada has never done anything wrong. They've been doing the same stuff for way before I started playing back to like '07.
Yea it's one of those things where you're only going to know if you've been around a while just how fake and terrible of human beings they are. Must just be in their genes or something.

I remember they made this one little Brawl Zelda player cry years ago, just a couple weeks ago on stream theyre calling BillNyeTheSamusGuy "boy" and he's asking them to stop, countless times they've been going at my boy Devon and I've had to keep myself from going off, having no respect for common courtesy, delaying tournaments, being annoying as **** etc. The list goes on and onI get that you need to realize it's a video game but there's a certain line you're just not supposed to cross when it comes to interacting with other people.

I don't even care about the splitting so much as I do just acting like a halfway respectable person. **** isn't good for the community and honestly some of these people are too naive too see through the bull****. Glad Tsuteto isnt.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
What a waste of money just to make one look worse.
Can never understand the fascination with beards.
It's only worse if you don't manage your beard.

Same thing with longer hair. If you don't manage your hair it looks like ****.

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
Yea right PC I've spent over 50 bucks on beard products:×

Yea it's one of those things where you're only going to know if you've been around a while just how fake and terrible of human beings they are. Must just be in their genes or something.

I remember they made this one little Brawl Zelda player cry years ago, just a couple weeks ago on stream theyre calling BillNyeTheSamusGuy "boy" and he's asking them to stop, countless times they've been going at my boy Devon and I've had to keep myself from going off, having no respect for common courtesy, delaying tournaments, being annoying as **** etc. The list goes on and onI get that you need to realize it's a video game but there's a certain line you're just not supposed to cross when it comes to interacting with other people.

I don't even care about the splitting so much as I do just acting like a halfway respectable person. **** isn't good for the community and honestly some of these people are too naive too see through the bull****. Glad Tsuteto isnt.
Ya, you can't know a person by setting them a couple hours a week. Collusion is my last problem with them.

It starts with Chris. Lada and Steve don't seem to do stuff like this on their own. But if they join right in with their brother, it's no excuse.

They really are like con men. They have this act to keep people around until they need them. Once they realize you're not gonna suck up to them and let them use you, they'll treat you like dirt.

It's a bummer to think of how many people probably never came back because of a bad experience with those guys.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
oKAY DOES THIS MEAN WE CAN HAVE UTAH GRIME POWER RANKINGS NOW I WANT TO HEAR A COMPILATION OF STORIES FROM THE AGUILARS

Stitch4

Smash Cadet
Yo melee homies, I'm tired of the black tr4sh controller and want to get a new one. Did some research and found a ton of crap comparing the white one to the tr4sh controller but haven't found anything comparing the white one to the original gamecube controller. I'm gonna get one of those 2, and was lookin for some input.

Smash Journeyman
Yo melee homies, I'm tired of the black tr4sh controller and want to get a new one. Did some research and found a ton of crap comparing the white one to the tr4sh controller but haven't found anything comparing the white one to the original gamecube controller. I'm gonna get one of those 2, and was lookin for some input.
It's mostly a matter of personal preference. The buttons and joysticks on the white ones are usually a bit more stiff, while the original GC controllers feel looser. I personally prefer the original controllers, but I know people who like the white ones better, so it really just depends on what you like best.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
platinum master race dawg

DrPhantasma

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrPhantasma
3DS FC
3325-3045-0409
new pasta hot off the press

Here's the thing. You said a "Lada is an X."
Is he in the same family? Yes. No one's arguing that.
As someone who is a scientist who studies Lada, I am telling you, specifically, in science, no one calls Lada X. If you want to be "specific" like you said, then you shouldn't either. They're not the same thing.
If you're saying "Aguilar family" you're referring to the taxonomic grouping of accused colluders, which includes smashers like ADHD to M2K to X.
So your reasoning for calling a Lada an X is because random people "call the guilty ones Lada?" Let's get Staz and Doom in there, then, too.
Also, calling someone a cheater or a sandbagger? It's not one or the other, that's not how taxonomy works. They're both. A Lada is a Lada and a member of the Aguilar family. But that's not what you said. You said a Lada is an X, which is not true unless you're okay with calling all members of the Aguilar family X, which means you'd call Staz, Lada, and other brothers X, too. Which you said you don't.
It's okay to just admit you're wrong, you know?

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
I sexually identify as X. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of colluding brackets and talking **** in tournament. People say to me that a person being X is Impossible and I'll get banned but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install a man bun, BO, and a speech impediment on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Chris" and respect my right to down air from above and forward smash needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a mexiphobe and need to check your privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I sexually identify as X. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of colluding brackets and talking **** in tournament. People say to me that a person being X is Impossible and I'll get banned but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install a man bun, BO, and a speech impediment on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Chris" and respect my right to down air from above and forward smash needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a mexiphobe and need to check your privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.
Lolololol lolololol LMFAO. Roguay plz

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090

SinfulEclipse

Smash Rookie
Does anyone in the West Valley area or Taylorsville area wanna meet up for smash 4 tonight? Fiance works all night and ill be bored

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
Hey everyone - I think I've mentioned this before, but I'm helping out @ Tsuteto Tsuteto and Gamer's Abbey with their social media presence. As a personal fan of Twitter, I'm excited to get the Twitter account up and active, and I'd like to have the account follow some of the people in the community so that I can tag you in Tweets if you're on stream or a video we upload. So, give the account a follow, then leave your twitter handle in the comments and I'll be sure to give you a follow back on @GamersAbbey. Thanks!

If you know people in the community's Twitter account, you can share all that you know, too. Thanks everyone! :)

Top Bottom