• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
I'll body you with my Marth when you get back $1 MM Bo5

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...N0oe4766T6E2hS-PkvdgabT-Q/edit#gid=1092347101

We're a mid level scene that is pretty new, a small group has been around since the brawl era but there are a lot of up and coming people in the scene. I see that you are a Falcon main, we have a **** load of Falcons that can teach you about tech and stuff. I would recommend you go to the SLC weekly and meet the smashers there, a lot of the good Provo players also tend to show up. Our other top players live around you (I think) and you'll probably see them at the Ogden and Layton weeklies, but I have no idea what goes on way up there in Nortah so you'll have to talk to one of those guys about it.

Obligatory edit lmao @ whoever highlighted BillNye and RVCKYS in the rankings
Hey ill 1$ mm you marth or sheik ditto. your choice.

A Psychiatrist

Smash Apprentice
Hey ill 1$ mm you marth or sheik ditto. your choice.
Oh that money match callout was to RVCKYS lol, my marth isn't too great. You should talk to @ N nqztv if you want to get the SAM tournaments added to the power rankings, he's the dude to talk to. I'm not sure if I can make it to your tourny in August, I probably can but it gets pretty busy for me later in the month with school and family stuff. If you want to be in the power rankings you should try to go to more tournaments and weeklies too, like Neumont and the SLC/Provo weeklies, they're all close by and have good turnouts.

Freajk

Smash Rookie
Oh that money match callout was to RVCKYS lol, my marth isn't too great. You should talk to @ N nqztv if you want to get the SAM tournaments added to the power rankings, he's the dude to talk to. I'm not sure if I can make it to your tourny in August, I probably can but it gets pretty busy for me later in the month with school and family stuff. If you want to be in the power rankings you should try to go to more tournaments and weeklies too, like Neumont and the SLC/Provo weeklies, they're all close by and have good turnouts.
Yeah, OkayP and I are going to try to come to more of the SLC/Provo weeklies, which ones do you usually go to? Do you go to the Game Den weeklies?

Freajk

Smash Rookie
@OkayP I think if we really can't find any other way there, we can just take the trax.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
SALT LAKE LABS WEEKLY:

Venue opens at 6:00. As usual, Melee at 7:00 PM and Wii U at 8:00 PM. $5 venue, $3 entry per tournament. Venue waived if you bring a full Wii U set-up (Fully unlocked game, all characters (including all four DLC chars), and a GC Adapter).

FOR WII U: Customs are legal. Rules are 3 stock, 8 minutes. Continue using original stage list like normal.

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
SALT LAKE LABS WEEKLY:

Venue opens at 6:00. As usual, Melee at 7:00 PM and Wii U at 8:00 PM. $5 venue, $3 entry per tournament. Venue waived if you bring a full Wii U set-up (Fully unlocked game, all characters (including all four DLC chars), and a GC Adapter).

FOR WII U: Customs are legal. Rules are 3 stock, 8 minutes. Continue using original stage list like normal.
I need to come back out to the slc weeklies. I hate weddings.

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
actually back in the day when i mained sheik/zelda (dontjudge) i found some pretty broken stuff about her and i was able to beat .jet. a few times in friendlies. zelda is under rated in my opinion. i figure marth and zelda is probs z35 m65. i think i pulled out zelda on billnye in our mm and my tourney match with psychiatrist and took a stock off with each before switching back to sheik. (the good character) but dont worry i stillthink zelda is like, middle to middle low tier.

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
you're not fooling anyone the only character that zelda is better than is bowser and maybe ness

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
hey dude i aint fooling anyone, cuz i aint trying to. ask billnye or psychiatrist. i diiid take a stock off each of them.personally i think zelda is better than roy,bowser, pichu kirby mgw dk
heres my tier list tbh im curious to know your guys' lists as well. (dont judge mine its my opinion) and i personally beleive viability without too overwhelming odds stops t like yoshi
  1. Sheik

2. Falco

3. Marth

4. Peach

5. Fox

6. Captain Falcon

7. Jigglypuff

8. Mario

9. Doc

10. Ice climbers

11. Ganon

12. Pikachu

13. Samus
  14. Luigi................................Sorry guys i made this thing thing like 4 months ago before i learned a lot about luigi i didnt edit it sorrrrrry!!!!!!!

15. Young link

16. Ness

17. Yoshi

18. Link

19. Zelda

20. DK
  21. Mewtwo

22. Pichu

23. Mr. Game and Watch

24. Roy

25. Bowser

26. kirby

Last edited:

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
Had fun being a TO. Might consider focusing on that instead of being a player. I just get too frustrated at myself for losing that I should take a step back and just do something else with the community.

EDIT: I'm still down for friendlies and stuff like that, just probably not entering tournaments.

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
hey dude i aint fooling anyone, cuz i aint trying to. ask billnye or psychiatrist. i diiid take a stock off each of them.personally i think zelda is better than roy,bowser, pichu kirby mgw dk
heres my tier list tbh im curious to know your guys' lists as well. (dont judge mine its my opinion) and i personally beleive viability without too overwhelming odds stops t like yoshi
  1. Sheik

2. Falco

3. Marth

4. Peach

5. Fox

6. Captain Falcon

7. Jigglypuff

8. Mario

9. Doc

10. Ice climbers

11. Ganon

12. Pikachu

13. Samus

14. Young link

15. Ness

16. Yoshi

17. Link

18. Zelda

19. DK

20. Luigi

21. Mewtwo

22. Pichu

23. Mr. Game and Watch

24. Roy

25. Bowser

26. kirby
Your opinion is wrong.

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
  1. Sheik

2. Falco

3. Marth

4. Peach

5. Fox

6. Captain Falcon

7. Jigglypuff

8. Mario

9. Doc

10. Ice climbers

11. Ganon

12. Pikachu

13. Samus

14. Young link

15. Ness

16. Yoshi

17. Link

18. Zelda

19. DK

20. Luigi

21. Mewtwo

22. Pichu

23. Mr. Game and Watch

24. Roy

25. Bowser

26. kirby
This has got to be RJ under a new alias.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Imo its more like:
Fox > Falco > Sheik > Marth > Jiggs > Peach > Falcon > Samus > ICs > Pika > Doc > Mario > Luigi > Ganon > Yoshi > YLink > Link > Zelda > Roy > DK > Mewtwo > Ness > GW > Pichu > Bowser > Kirby

Or something like that. I literally threw that together off the top of my head in like 1 min without thinking too hard about it.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Imo its more like:
Fox > Falco > Sheik > Marth > Jiggs > Peach > Falcon > Samus > ICs > Pika > Doc > Mario > Luigi > Ganon > Yoshi > YLink > Link > Zelda > Roy > DK > Mewtwo > Ness > GW > Pichu > Bowser > Kirby

Or something like that. I literally threw that together off the top of my head in like 1 min without thinking too hard about it.
And it looks a hell of a lot better tbh.

Honestly only chars that exist in melee.

Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Jiggs, Falcon, Samus, Peach, IC's, Pika, Doc, Luigi, Ganon, and Yoshi.

Every other char is so laughably bad its sad.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
And it looks a hell of a lot better tbh.

Honestly only chars that exist in melee.

Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Jiggs, Falcon, Samus, IC's, Pika, Doc, Luigi, Ganon, and Yoshi.

Every other char is so laughably bad its sad.
It hurts me you have no Princess Toadstool here

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Its really awkward that I edited that prior to your post, but your post shows it not in there.

edit: like its really bothering me.

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
LOL Yeah... @ OkayP. OkayP. wouldn't be putting Luigi that low if @Jekyll were to have come to his tournament to take 1st.

And @Logos lost to a Zelda-only player twice in bracket at Evo, but beat 4+ Sheik mains. By transitive property, Zelda > Sheik! /sarcasm

Also, can't wait to see the updated Melee rankings to see how much @net1234 and @Death Arcana dropped after losing to @Best-Ness and @Razgrizmerc, respectively.

Last edited:

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
Hey PC. I'd appreciate it if you guys all looked at my edited version of my tier list. i wrote the old one a while ago before i had played any good luigis. idk guys that really just my opinion. im not exactly regular in most of my opinions either. i get that. haha. hey just for fun PC, ill money match you in a sheik ditto for fun if you want? (i know ill probs lose but hey what do i have to lose right?) what do you say? 5 bucks? at SAM?

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
so apparently some of you don't know, but the vods are usually posted on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTW8ZlOabh31ONGl2c7CtUQ/playlists) the day after tournament :-p. go subscribe to the channel and watch @Logos defend utah's honor against the san diego invader.

tl;dw: southwestballz (aka logos) was shinin' 'til chroma was cryin' ;-)

back in the day when i mained sheik/zelda
back in the day = yesterday in 14yo time scales :-p. i miss the simpler times ;-).

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
what do you say? 5 bucks? at SAM?
Sure. It all depends on when your next SAM tournament is, though. Or you could just go to a Provo weekly on Tuesday to do it. Say in advance when you plan to come, if so, since I don't always come to those.
Also, I'm guessing you want to play by the unspoken (but now spoken) Sheik honor code of no chain grabbing. Unless you actually want it to be a boring hug-fest...

A Psychiatrist

Smash Apprentice
Holy cow all that shine pressure and then logos covers every freakin option including the final laser putting chroma in a horrible position WHAT A SMASH GOD

Also @ N nqztv do you know if there is a way to search through the youtube channel? I really don't want to manually hunt down my matches, there are hundreds of other matches to comb through

Last edited:
Top Bottom