• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
Do you have every custom move unlocked?
I have a master 3ds yes. I can only send over 10 copies of each character movesets and you cant alter them. I have them currently as the EVO approved

Atticus_22

Smash Cadet
Is there a tenative schedule for next weekend smashers tale? Hope melee starts earlier so so I can come.

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
Are there any weekly Smash tournaments in salt lake, i don't want to go to Provo for smash bros.
This thread is for general discussion of the Utah smash scene. This is a good place for Out of State smashers to talk to the UT smashers about stuff like upcoming OoS tournaments or if you'll be visiting Utah and want to smash for a while. This first post will be updated as needed.

Also, welcome any new Utah smashers! Please let us know where in Utah you are so we can find some nearby smashers for you to practice with.

Beneficial Links:
Gamer's Abbey Facebook Page - Link
Official Utah Smash Facebook Page - Link
Locator Thread w/ Ranking stats - Link
Utah Smasher's Directory - Link
Utah Events Directory - Link <-------------------------
NOTE: The events directory contains weekly information and up-to-date local events info (and some out of state majors), so please review there if you do not see what you need below

Recent Past Tournaments and events:
April 26 in SLC, UT - Neumont Smash Jam (SB Link)
May 3 in SLC, UT - Kafeneio's (FB Link)
May 7 in Spanish Fork, UT @ 6 PM - Gameland World (FB Link)
May 17-18 in SLC, UT @ U of U - Salt Fest (www.saltfest.org)
May 24 in Murray, UT - Utah 3DS Streetpass Event - (FB Link)
May 24 in SLC, UT @ Neumont - Smash Jam(FB Link)
June 6 in Sandy, UT - Nickelcade All-night Summer Lock-in - (FB Link)
July 26th in SLC, UT - A Smasher's Tale: Heat of Battle - (FB Link)
August 30 in SLC, UT @ Neumont - Smash Jam 2 (FB Link)
September 4-6 in SLC, UT @ Salt Lake Comic Con - Smash Comic Con (Link)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
How was that so hard to find? All I said a page back to @Hylian_StS was that the first post had that detail, and with his response, I would take it that he found it pretty easily... Yet this...

Anyway, yes, all of the events posted in that document are open to the public and no reservations are required. Just come on time.

Fsonic95

Smash Cadet
NNID
fsonic95
How was that so hard to find? All I said a page back to @Hylian_StS was that the first post had that detail, and with his response, I would take it that he found it pretty easily... Yet this...

Anyway, yes, all of the events posted in that document are open to the public and no reservations are required. Just come on time.
Thanks for the clarifying

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
I was thinking the week after the tournament on the 13th. I'll post more information as soon as I can. I'm looking into playing some smash as soon as I get back though and I'm willing to make the drive. Let me know if you guys are interested in doing something the week after the 13th.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Smasher's Tale info: https://www.facebook.com/events/421331714658203/

I'm going to highlight this in particular since i know most of you are concerned on such:

Times:
10:00 AM - Venue opens
12:00 PM - Wii U Singles
2:00 PM - Project M Doubles
3:30 PM - Project M Singles
5:30 PM - Melee Doubles
7:00 PM - Melee Singles

PLEASE NOTE: Sign-ups close 15 minutes prior to their start times (e.g. Wii U singles sign-ups ends at 11:45 AM). Due to the nature of seeding and bracket creation, late sign-ups are not tolerated. You will not be signed up without having a payment made prior. This means that if you want to be in a tournament, pay for it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE in the day. I will not hold a sign-up if you are in a match, as this would be the fault of the player.
I don't mind if somebody pays for you, but I do get a little frustrated with the whole "I'll pay you later" or "I'm in a match" thing. You know the sign-up times, so sign-up in advanced. Don't have the money right then? Have someone spot you.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
$10 entry fee and $10 reg? That's expensive for a weekly, normal for a monthly, cheap for a regional. Most monthlies I've been to have had that pricing.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtiDd5cQWJc

Melee Science and Technology: the video.
i like that people are starting to use debug mode again. i feel like everyone now is relearning what people figured out in the aughts. it's like a melee renaissance if you will :-p. "what? captain falcon has different collision boxes depending on costume color?!" i love it

The pricing is a little steep isnt it? not even the big socal tourneys charge that much
welcome to utah, where we complain about costs, but want more weeklies. cause why pay $5 a week to play with 30 high level players, when i can pay $3 twice a week to play the 16 noobs who live next door ;-).

but seriously, where have you been @ Reptilephantom Reptilephantom ? i feel like i haven't seen you since gem state rumble up in idaho :-p.

Winning is the only incentive needed to bring your OOS game.
wut? winning is the only incentive needed to bring your out-of-state game?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Sooooo not playing the whole pricing game again. People said things nice a concisely already, run with that.

And seems like both Idaho and Vegas are confirmed. Get ready Utah.

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
i like that people are starting to use debug mode again. i feel like everyone now is relearning what people figured out in the aughts. it's like a melee renaissance if you will :-p. "what? captain falcon has different collision boxes depending on costume color?!" i love it

nqztv

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Dude Reptile lets smash today. I got a new phone so if you still have my number shoot me a text.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
Sooooo not playing the whole pricing game again. People said things nice a concisely already, run with that.

is that this saturday?

nqztv

Smash Journeyman

wut?

nqztv
yep, i'm one of those new people :-p. i think it's hilarious when we see something and think it's new tech, just to see a smashboards post on that topic from like '07 or something. i was watching an abate luigi match where one commentator was soo surprised that abate tornado-ing through projectiles, and the other commentator had to tell him that was some way old school tech :-p.

@ Sinz Sinz any confirmation from idaho on if they're still gonna make it? if they are, are you housing them or do we need to find some for them? are they bringing 5 people for the crew battle against vegas?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
wut?

yep, i'm one of those new people :-p. i think it's hilarious when we see something and think it's new tech, just to see a smashboards post on that topic from like '07 or something. i was watching an abate luigi match where one commentator was soo surprised that abate tornado-ing through projectiles, and the other commentator had to tell him that was some way old school tech :-p.

@ Sinz Sinz any confirmation from idaho on if they're still gonna make it? if they are, are you housing them or do we need to find some for them? are they bringing 5 people for the crew battle against vegas?
Yes they are. Tim is housing them.
I'm not sure how many.

Top Bottom