• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
Appreciate that, however, im afraid im not gonna be able to make it to tourneys for roughly a year, family issues just wont allow it.

If theres a chance you guys have links to any videos of you playing I would LOVE to watch them to see the skill im up against.

If theres a chance you guys have links to any videos of you playing I would LOVE to watch them to see the skill im up against.

Unfortunately, im afraid ill be unable to participate in tourneys for roughly a year due to some family issues... sorry for that inconvenience. I was curious if you guys had any links to videos of you playing so I can see and prepare for the skill that im up against???

Last edited by a moderator:

Razgrizmerc

Smash Cadet
So, if I happen to not be able to find a ride up to SLC for the tournament this Saturday would anyone be able to get me in draper?

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
looks like someones trying to take the title of double post champion from you @ adlp adlp
uh oh. i would doublepost right now but i think i might be one more time away from being banned

let's roll the dice tho lol

Last edited by a moderator:

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Just think had I not coined Busterhive State what name could we use? You're welcome ;D

Actually lets thanks Net for realllly letting us earn that name.

Razgrizmerc

Smash Cadet
Just think had I not coined Busterhive State what name could we use? You're welcome ;D

Actually lets thanks Net for realllly letting us earn that name.
Like I said earlier in stream, we need to arrange a huge SW region tournament and call it "Battle in the BusterHive"

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to the scene, be sure to go the big tournament this upcoming Saturday, it should be a good time. And be sure to check the first post for information on the weeklies that are closest to you.
I keep telling myself that I need to go but I don't think I'm on that kind of competing level yet

DrPhantasma

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrPhantasma
3DS FC
3325-3045-0409
I keep telling myself that I need to go but I don't think I'm on that kind of competing level yet
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I literally went to my first ever tournament playing PM only after having played PM for like a month with a wiimote + nunchuck on a Wii U. I bought a controller on the day of the tournament, didn't know how to wavedash, and L-canceled like 3 times the whole tournament. It's pretty hard to beat that level of unpreparedness. I knew I'd do awful but I wanted to see what the scene was like and see what level I was at compared to everyone else, and it was a good time.

Dr. Friday

Smash Cadet
Or if we want to be more cult like we can call ourselves the Buster Bee Batch, and sacrafice our best players in utah so we keep on beeing busters

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Or if we want to be more cult like we can call ourselves the Buster Bee Batch, and sacrafice our best players in utah so we keep on beeing busters
Holy **** I want to start a crew called Buster Bee and the Notorious Three.

Who are the top four Busters in the state? Inb4 Net and Pumpinz

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Trying to decide if I should stay at Bally's/Paris for EVO or find a cheaper hotel. Anybody else looking for a roommate or another place to stay?

DrPhantasma

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrPhantasma
3DS FC
3325-3045-0409
So I'm stuck here at the U until I head down to the SLC weekly. If anyone else is up at the U and wants to play some Smash until around 5:30, let me know. I'm just hanging around the student union building in the computer lab.

Stitch4

Smash Cadet
Anyone from the Provo area heading up to the SLC weekly today that I could catch a ride with?

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow! Also @ RVKYS RVKYS @ Tsuteto Tsuteto when do you want to do the money match? I need to know when I have to be there by lol. Also is it best of 5 do you think?

Chukwaffles

Smash Cadet
I'm bringing some N64 mario tennis to the tournament tomorrow and I'm down to money match anyone. See you all there. Also @ Tsuteto Tsuteto we're playing some friendlies at least, maybe a money match

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I didn't realized P:M was first this time, so I guess I'm missing it. I guess with the change from Brawl to Smash 4, things got shifted around. :( I'll come for Melee, though.
BTW, no stream, yet? Get on that! :p

DrPhantasma

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrPhantasma
3DS FC
3325-3045-0409
Any Nortah people heading to Kafeneio's for the tournament? I missed my opportunity for a ride because I had to take care of something. If anybody's heading down and can stop by Kaysville to pick me up, that'd be great.

Edit: Nevermind, I'll just watch the stream and stay home.

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Does the Challonge page have the full results to yesterday's tournament? If so, anyone know the link to it? If not, then I guess I'll wait until Tsuteto posts them.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
IIRC, my set versus Net in Grand Finals was 3-2, not 3-1. Also, did you double check the results that led to X being first seed, @ N nqztv ? He did very bad for someone who somehow got first seed... XD
And looking at the stream, I guess I play Zelda. I guess there's no Melee Sheik portrait. LOL

Top Bottom