• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
On a brighter note. How sick was that losers finals for PM? @ Sinz Sinz Kehby for top teir. But good **** guys. @Death Arcana Tink in Brawl was impressive as always and @ Tsuteto Tsuteto for some funny ass commentary and everybody else for making this a kickass tournament!!! Cant wait for next one!!!

Baky

Smash Journeyman
My favorite matches of the tournament were.

DS4 vs Chibo in Brawl
Sinz vs PC in PM

Also, I laughed quite a bit when Net got bopped on stream by ZSS while rocking the @Snap. tag. You're stealing my antics Net!

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Alright, festivities are done. Now to explain about X's banning.

Honestly, this probably should have happened a long time ago. X has repeatedly shown a lack of respect for the scene, or even just people for that matter. Anyone who has helped him, has not nor will ever truly get a return favor. To him, it's always been about him and his needs, and literally can not see why other people may be upset with him. I probably can say I've known him a long time compared to many here, and there's been a drastic change from when I knew him before my mission in 2008 to after my return in 2010.

Ignoring the many times I have given a ride and he's ******* about giving gas, ignoring the "coincidental" missing of items with him at fests or tourneys with things going missing, ignoring the completely cocky attitude he has about needing to cater to him above all else, let me describe the personal issues I've had as his point of character.

*His tournament back in fall of last year (can't remember the month) - Him, as the host, caused grand finals to be late for close to 1.5 hours, for him picking up pizza. Pizza. Should not have been that long. Then he wanted me, who was helping run the tournament, to not do the next game before he finished his. To my discredit, I did slam my fist against the wall of his house. Later he had the audacity to tell me that a "good host shouldn't do that" and to keep my cool. Yes, I know I have a minor temper. But God help me if the next fist slam wasn't in his face at that moment (it wasn't).

*His next one at his house proved worse. Basically, Vegas ran that tourney, who knows where he was.

*FanX, he showed up super late for the finals. We gave everything we could for him to just hold matches and such. Eventually had to give the win to Kevin (per agreement) in that division, and still let him compete in the next division.

*A Smasher's Tale - Heat of Battle proved difficult with him right off the bat. After showing up at noon, and me already starting about an hour late for Brawl Doubles waiting for people, he wanted me to add him and Steve in still. I told him no. He kept trying to convince me, even saying, "C'mon, not as a TO but as a friend." Two mistakes with that phrase. One - You have basically spit friendship in my face Chris. Mad? Not really. Sure as hell disappointed in you though. Two - I am TO first at these things. I run a business, one that is professional at heart. I told him he could either deal with it, or he could leave (to which he dealt with it).

*For SLCCon, he harassed one of the players. Nothing new (he's even made one player leave crying before). What made this more upsetting though is the fact that it was 1), a female player (not saying their inferior or more justifiable, but they are a minority), 2) part of a the special guests Utah3DS and I had out, and 3) was during the middle of her match (he wasn't even playing). Completely unacceptable. Again, God help me not talking to him about that (someone else did, to clarify).

*Again, he was super later. His excuse? He lives in Provo, which is an hour away, and security blah blah blah blah. Not a good excuse. Two times you've been late for a major tournament to Utah, which could have EASILY been solved if you left at, oh, 9 AM, got there at 10 (which would've actually been about 9:45 since driving), and gotten through the Special Guests line informed to go through by about 10:15 and ready at 10:30, when you were told to come by anyway as an extra measure.

Yes, super long post, but needs the background story examples. I'm tired of this bull****, and will not stand for it any longer. If you don't agree with me, so be it, you have your own opinion. But for a scene, I cannot allow this go any longer, especially given my position. Also given my position, it means a lot of the tournaments that happen he won't be allowed to even be on scene for. Any further disruptions, yes, I will get the authorities involved. Having him is exactly like having a parasite around, and I'm removing that for bigger growth that will happen.

If you feel you have any strong objections, please, message me. Do know though if you're newish to the scene, you've probably only seen the facade he puts on, which is a damn good one I might add. That's why con artists exist though. I would advise others to adopt the same standard of him being banned from tournaments and smash fests.

Chris, if by some chance you actually read this, grow up already. Don't spare your reasonings with me either, because you already know I'll have none of it. And no, there's no prizes for you from SLCCon.

Sproll

Smash Apprentice
Was he suppose to be in pool 6 for project m, or was he called Chris M? If so then I'm glad he didn't show up for me to play against him after reading this

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
That was someone else. He didn't want to participate in Melee and PM, probably because he knew he wouldn't be able to take "enough money" in the end.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Don't remind me. I won all my pool sets except the one I played on stream against him. It got ugly for me >.<
I think I had useful commentary for you. Once it gets posted I'd say watch it

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey everyone, I am new here and just wanted to say thanks to everyone at the Sal Lake Comic Con tournament. It was my first time coming out and I appreciate how welcoming you all were. Special thanks to... I think his name was TANE... It really meant a lot for you to come friendly with me before it started. Looking forward to more tournaments and improving my game :)
Also welcome to the scene

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Brawl

Zero
Chibo
X
DeathArcana

PM

Zero
Sinz
Perfect Chaos
Net15

Melee

Zero
Perfect Chaos
Sinz
Rockmix

Shoutout to rockmix for trolling the stream with me

gonna do more shoutouts in the morning when I wake up.

But for now shoutouts to footstooling

Last edited:

r3d d09

Smash Master
Wish I could have gone to SLCcon. I miss many of you, but I'm working the Magic the Gathering Grand Prix at the expo center. If you have the time, come stop by today (Sunday) and see me.

IC's > everything. Also, Smoom lives in Utah now...

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Don't remind me. I won all my pool sets except the one I played on stream against him. It got ugly for me >.<
So yeah... I actually lost to one of the guys you beat in pools. Someone I play with here at the university. Well, he actually has only beat my ROB once in friendlies and strange enough the only other time was at that tournament that day. I honestly play bad against friends in tournament. (Gotta figure out how to overcome that mental block) -_- ... so yeah, you coincidentally lost your second seed in our pool due to me choking. Sorry mate :(

Last time I faced a friend in tournament I got 2-0'd by Snap, my former training partner.

I think since 1st and 2nd seed lost matches in our pool, I got seeded as the worst player in bracket hence why I had to fight Zero in round 1. I ended losing to CT Nyani in a close set on game 3 in losers bracket. I think you were watching those matches.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I support your decision Tsuteto and it's the right thing to do. Enough is enough. Utah scene is in your capable hands, do what you feel needs done. Trust your instincts.

Sproll

Smash Apprentice
So yeah... I actually lost to one of the guys you beat in pools. Someone I play with here at the university. Well, he actually has only beat my ROB once in friendlies and strange enough the only other time was at that tournament that day. I honestly play bad against friends in tournament. (Gotta figure out how to overcome that mental block) -_- ... so yeah, you coincidentally lost your second seed in our pool due to me choking. Sorry mate :(

Last time I faced a friend in tournament I got 2-0'd by Snap, my former training partner.

I think since 1st and 2nd seed lost matches in our pool, I got seeded as the worst player in bracket hence why I had to fight Zero in round 1. I ended losing to CT Nyani in a close set on game 3 in losers bracket. I think you were watching those matches.
haha no worries m8, I just need to be better friends with you before the next tourney so I can beat ya :p and yeah I watched those against nyani that was an intense set

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Honestly the thing that is the most useful for me is gas money. That helps a lot more than people think.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Wan moar thing. (Use Grandpa's voice from Jackie Chan Adventures for this one)

Does anyone know how to revert a wii back to original from a letterbomb homebrew hack.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I got a peach :3 I start a new job monday, I'll try to save up some moneys to come to salt fest next year. #thelonghaul

Top Bottom