• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
Greetings everyone - A few things for you as we are getting closer to Smash Comic Con 2014 -

Did you hear we got Clash Tournaments on board? Yup. Pretty awesome. We're pretty excited about that.

Anyways - Tonight at midnight, Salt Lake Comic Con Pass prices will go up, so buy TODAY. Also, if you're a student, you get 50% off, so do a little happy dance if you're a student.

There is ONE WEEK left to buy the Tournament Pass on the SLCC website. If you don't buy the $10 pass online, then you'll be paying $20 at the door.

Lastly - @ Tsuteto Tsuteto , being the awesome guy that he is, made a little info video about how to buy the Tournament Pass on the SLCC website. It can be confusing because there are a ton of different things you can purchase, so he goes over that, as well as some other useful tips and what nots about the whole thing. Go watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfjqK_rKcA8

Any other comments or questions? Tsuteto and I can answer them.

Jayce Dulany

Champion
If anyones interested small tournament at a house in spanish fork Melee singles tournament brawl doubles its just a small fun tournament $2 per tournament check this facebook page out if you're interested https :// www .facebook. com / events /282769208576611 /?ref= 25

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Soooo guys, from the leaked Smash 4 footage, looks like Nintendo listened to us at the events, look how little landing lag there is. Lucina (far left) lands with a fair and instantly uptilts:

Muuucchhhhh faster.

Also, air dodge lag looks like its gone, watch Charizard:

Also, dat Ganon run speed tho. Lmao it looks hilarious.

Last edited:

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
duuude, the diminished lag on attacks looks so good, the aerial dodge lag looks less good though.

also, on the topic of the leak: shoutouts to bowser jr and shulk for making the cut!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
duuude, the diminished lag on attacks looks so good, the aerial dodge lag looks less good though.
Remember the Best Buy build's landing lag though? Hooooooly **** it was WAY worse than in these gifs. Like literally almost half a second of nothing if you air dodged.

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
I don't think there's an issue with limiting a defensive option, if you're in a position where you need to air dodge it shouldn't be a safe option. Every other defensive option isn't safe, its when you use them together that they become effective.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Air dodging is still hella punishable even in Brawl, it was just WAY too punishable in the Best Buy build. And with things probably being safe on shield now based off what we're seeing, offensive options are looking much safer and with the no landing lag, fairing someone in the air as you land should be in your advantage since having like no landing lag means you'll land and just punish their air dodge when they land or whatever, so I think this is a really good thing as it doesnt cut mobility like the old air dodge lag did, and still gives the offensive options the advantage (at least in the majority of the situations based off whats been shown so far).

EDIT: To clarify, attacking as you land isnt safer than air dodging per say, but more whoever lands first should have the advantage, and if you have a hitbox out to land with, youre harder to punish than you would be landing without a big hitbox out in front of you, hence why I think Attacks > Air Dodge at least while landing.

Last edited:

Sproll

Smash Apprentice
Hate to burst everyone's bubble about smash 4, it still could have changed for the better, but some things may not be as they seem. For all we know this is the battle after smash run and that is why Ganon is running so fast. I feel like it is cuz one of the pics posted from the leak showed a smash run for team battles with those exact teams. but I hope that landing lag is a result of them listening

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No, I know its after Smash Run and thats why Ganon is fast, I was just saying it looks funny cuz his run animation looks like he'd be slow (which he normally is) but hes ****ing cruising through lol.

Last edited:

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Soooo guys, from the leaked Smash 4 footage, looks like Nintendo listened to us at the events, look how little landing lag there is. Lucina (far left) lands with a fair and instantly uptilts:.
From what I've read (which may not be all that reliable) Shulk most likely has some sort of support abilities that affect his teammates as well. There's another gif somewhere of lucina zooming across the stage and grabbing gannon much faster than she should. I'm pretty sure the reduced aerial lag is a result of the same "speed up"-type ability from Shulk. I'd (almost) love to be wrong though.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I'm pretty sure the landing lag wasn't changed.
That post wasnt a question of if it was changed, its absolute solid evidence that this DID change. If you cant see that, then either you have no idea what Im trying to show, you never watched/played the previous versions of Smash 4, or youre cray cray gurl.

Even invitational players who have seen that gif immediately have noted that the air dodge landing lag is completely missing in the gif.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
lololol
i just can't wait until smash4
comes out, so i can **** every single one of you
you can go running back to your game that was made before christ

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
HOUSING REQUEST:

DMW is going to be around through Salt Lake Comic Con! He needs housing Thursday and Friday night (that's the 4th and 5th) though. Anybody willing to house him, or find someone to house him? Looking more for someone in the Salt Lake area.

Moshadosh

Smash Rookie
Sup guys, just moved to the U of U campus. Is there any sort of smash scene on campus? Me and my roommate are looking for some people to smash with sometime.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Sup guys, just moved to the U of U campus. Is there any sort of smash scene on campus? Me and my roommate are looking for some people to smash with sometime.
I play the most on campus I'm pretty sure. Lately people have been coming to my room individually and playing friendlies in PM and Melee. I'm also the guy who runs the UofU Smash group. I'll likely make it an official club soon.

Sproll

Smash Apprentice
I got class up there every single morning and have Tuesday and Thursday afternoons free. when do you usually play friendlies there?

Steezy22

Smash Cadet
Smash today, my house. Come one, come all. Starting.... now? Ending around 10 pm. Bring set ups if you can. For newer smashers text me @ 801 9four9 5548. I live in Mill creek area just off 3900 s 300 e. Let's get it popping today. Also, I'm rather close to a Trax station and can pick people up there.

Last edited:

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Leak now even more real
Falcon Punch confirmed reversible
Holy **** was that alucard during that last bowser scene? EDIT: No it was not alucard. Apparently it's some guy from Xenoblade
Shulks stage looks real purty

Last edited:

Casture

Smash Apprentice
Who from the Orem/Provo area is going to the Smash Jam tomorrow? When are you going and coming back? I might bring some players up to the tourney but I don't know if I can bring them back. Maybe they'll just take the Frontrunner

Top Bottom