• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Alright guys, here's all the information on the tourney in NM, just visit this thread:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=82304

If you guys can't make it, then whatever, but hey, I hope to see you guys in the future if you can't come. Buzz, I've been waiting a very long time to see you in person, I'm looking forward to whenever that time comes. Post in the tourney thread if you can come or not. Erich out.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
Premium
BRoomer
And ZMan, I want my $500 Roy ditto money match.

Takalth

Smash Ace
Any chance the tournament could be held by September 16? I'm in Missouri for the rest of the month after that.

KC.pwns.GMAN

Smash Cadet
the 16th is too soon to get a lot of people coming to visit utah and/or plan a day around for some people, i know my friend has to give 2 weeks notice for a day off.

Gojira

Smash Lord

My big tourney is not till way later. I am probably going to give FTS or someone else the tourney for october. However, I am aiming to have a halloween smashfest where you dress up as whoever you want. I call Pepsi Man.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Tourney

Smashfest and tourney
September 16th: is going to be a smashfest for all utah smashers. Anyone is welcome to come and will be located at my house (may change) I would like everybody to attend this.

September 30: This the date for the next utah smash tournament. This probably wont be in the UST series, but will count towards our new going power rankings. All of utah is of course welcome. Rules are below.

Sandy, UT
(FTS' house)
(when looking up directions remember that Highland Dr. = 2000 E)

-OR-

5000south 1900west
Apartment #18
Roy, UT
(Gojiras house)

For now, expect ti to be at FTS' house.

Entry
Singles: $5.00 entry fee
Teams: $5.00 per teammmate
(no refunds after tournament starts)
1st - 60%, 2nd - 30%, 3rd - 10%

BYOC: Bring Your Own Controller

Tournament Format
Round Robin Pools into Double Elimination Bracket
4 stock, 8min
Best 2 of 3

Additional Rules

Knock-out: Before the match set, each player may choose one stage to knock-out for the entire set.

Advanced Slob Picks: First match stage will be random. Loser chooses the next stage, then the winner chooses character, then the loser chooses character.

Items: OFF

Double Blind Pick, where both players secretly choose their character, is available for the first match of every set.

Random Stages: Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Poke Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64

Banned Stages: Great Bay, Hyrule Temple, Brinstar Depths, Venom, Big Blue, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Yoshi's Island 64
(non-banned stages may be counter picked)

Additional Teams Rules

Random Stages: Yoshi's Story, Poke Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64

Banned Stages: Great Bay, Hyrule Temple, Brinstar Depths, Fountain of Dreams, Venom, Mute City, Big Blue, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Yoshi's Island 64
(non-banned stages may be counter picked)

Team Attack ON

Life stealing is allowed

Illegal conduct: Any use of glitches (ex. IC's freeze glitch), prolonged stall tactics (ex. Peach wall-bomb used to stall), and functional controler modifications (ex. L/R trigger modifications) are banned. Participating in any of these practices, along with any improper behavioral conduct (ex. physically distracting an opponate) will drop you from the tournament.

Host Contact Info
Nathan "FoxTheStampede"
Phone: (801) 942-1778
E-mail: lordluxun@gmail.com
MSN & AIM: see SWF profile

-OR-

Zack "Gojira"
Phone: (801) 728-1046
E-Mail: Mutalkuh@Hotmail.com
MSN: Mutalkuh@Hotmail.com
Aim: Akimichizachary

BTW, the B1g @$$ U$t is still comming and is under works.

E

Eggs and Bacon

Um, hi.

Hi my name is Dayson Darby and i live in West Jordan, Utah. I am 18 years old and i have just graduated from Itineris Early College High School with an A.S. in G.S.

I've been playing smash for approximately 2 years, but have only focused on the game during this last summer. I have honed in on most characters, but the ones i focus on are:

Main: Ganondorf(i can do everything very good except WDing, DDing(im ok at), and the reverse u-air trick i was watching some ganon pro do a lot.

Secondaries: Link. I've used link since i first started playing. he is one of my favorites to play, but my problem is that i can't kill at low percentages with him. also, im not great at his DDing

Peach. i just barely picked up peach but she is crazy fun to play. i'm not good at her auto-float, DDing, and probably others things i cant think of.

One of my strong suits is the use of projectiles(especially with peach,link, and samus)
One of my weak suits is learning to DD and WD well

I can't think of anything else but i would like to come to the smash party-fest on the 30th.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Hey, welcome :) I'm assuming you have never been to a tournament before?

Since you live so close to here, we should play before the tournament :)

Btw, don't blame yourself for not being able to kill early with Link. That's just one of Link's major weaknesses.

Also, for anyone who doesn't know, Salt Lake County has 5-6 of the top 8 smashers in the state (and 4-5 of the top 5), depending on if you count Gojira as a part of Salt Lake County or not. the other 2 are in Utah County. wtf Utah County? :confused:

E

Eggs and Bacon

no, i have never been to a tournament before. the only people i play are my little brother(who i 4-stock with ease) and a couple friends who have never even heard of sheild-grabbing l-canceling, dash-dancing, or washing(i tried to say wave-dashing but this came out) and it gets oh so boring. i used to play with friends from school that were actually pretty good but that was before i got into the game.

i would love to play but i work everyday until 5 or later. construction does that to ya. but give me a time and place and i should be able to make it. not this friday though, i got a date:)

Gojira

Smash Lord
no, i have never been to a tournament before. the only people i play are my little brother(who i 4-stock with ease) and a couple friends who have never even heard of sheild-grabbing l-canceling, dash-dancing, or washing(i tried to say wave-dashing but this came out) and it gets oh so boring. i used to play with friends from school that were actually pretty good but that was before i got into the game.

i would love to play but i work everyday until 5 or later. construction does that to ya. but give me a time and place and i should be able to make it. not this friday though, i got a date:)
If you are able you can head to my house in Roy any weekday after 3:30pm Just let me know whats best for you and ill give you my address and what not.

E

Eggs and Bacon

If you are able you can head to my house in Roy any weekday after 3:30pm Just let me know whats best for you and ill give you my address and what not.
Tuesday and Thursday would be best for me after 5:00 though. How about tommorow?

KC.pwns.GMAN

Smash Cadet
more smashers? w00t!

We are really excited to see more people coming who have experiance but are still new to the turnaments, because i just started getting into them.

E

Eggs and Bacon

yup

ill try and be there around 5. im building a house up in centerville so it wont take me that long to get there. most likely 5 dont think im a lost cause until 6

E

Eggs and Bacon

probably about 9ish. i got work at 7:30 tommorow and it takes me slightly over an hour to get back and forth. if you respond here i probably won't be able to see it because ill be at work all day and then im coming straight there.

Top Bottom