• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
A controller, $3 for the entrance/venue fee and $5 per event (so Singles/Doubles--per person in the team) :)

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Cool. Which brings me to my next question...haha does anyone wanna team for Doubles? I kinda suck but it'd be my first experience. Also, Mars do you wanna meet up and play sometime this week before the tournament?

wangston

Smash Lord
Good news I have to work. I can't make it to the tourney. Kthxbye.

However smashfest friday night in provo if anyone is interested.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Hmmmmm....Timeframe for this?
This. I think I might come down as soon as I wake up and play until I have to go to work, but only if thats an option for me ;p

Also, Ano, look at the thread title lol

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Cool. Which brings me to my next question...haha does anyone wanna team for Doubles? I kinda suck but it'd be my first experience. Also, Mars do you wanna meet up and play sometime this week before the tournament?
Yea man, we can probably meet up and play Thursday or Friday if you want

Good news I have to work. I can't make it to the tourney. Kthxbye.

However smashfest friday night in provo if anyone is interested.
Good news? Lolololol

@ Mars and Shiro: It's a small world out there... (I also used to live by a Mountain View Elementary, but it's a different one in SLC. XD)

Sure

Wackbot

Smash Rookie
Hey all, I'm Juptile and I use to play Marvel 3 a lot but I got sick of it and I've always been interested in smash. I just got into brawl and project m recently and I probably suck but I'm willing to learn and get better. If there's anything that happens in Provo/Orem areas, let me know. I'll be at Provo tournament on Saturday as well.

___X___

Smash Lord
Looks like my tournament is just getting bigger, and bigger:) And hey! I live in Provo as well. So if you're ever down to hang out and play some smash, me and my brothers are always down.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Yay, another noob :D
lolol noob in the lightest sense of the term, this guy is broken at umvc

Hey all, I'm Juptile and I use to play Marvel 3 a lot but I got sick of it and I've always been interested in smash. I just got into brawl and project m recently and I probably suck but I'm willing to learn and get better. If there's anything that happens in Provo/Orem areas, let me know. I'll be at Provo tournament on Saturday as well.
dude yes i knew you would come along

___X___

Smash Lord
You win Chris GG's. Hope you have a good turn out for your tourney and stuff.

Thanks, Seph! All I really want is for everyone to have a good time at this event. And since more and more people are joining, I must be doing something good. Gonna make this tournament the best one ever.

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
Why are you guys making a big deal about metaknight being banned? None of you main him except one person.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Why are you guys making a big deal about metaknight being banned? None of you main him except one person.
If only one person mains him then why is he being banned? C'mon Rocky you're better than that.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace

I main him.... although I am looking at other characters right now

and ignore that mario thing under my profile... i'm just too lazy to change it

___X___

Smash Lord
If only one person mains him then why is he being banned? C'mon Rocky you're better than that.

"The needs of many outweigh the needs of a few"

But let's just stop that stupid argument and just accept the fact that Metaknight is going to be banned. Boo hoo 3 or 4 people are going to cry meanwhile everyone is having the time of their life at my tournament!

Only 4 more days guys!! This really is going to be a HUGE tournament. People from all over are already contacting me about information. That being said, I'm most likely going to be running pools for singles, but not for doubles. We will see.

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
One person mains him and he hardly shows up to events. Everyone else mains someone else then this uproar shouldn't be as big as it is. If your character isn't getting banned then you shouldn't care about metaknight getting banned.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
One person mains him and he hardly shows up to events. Everyone else mains someone else then this uproar shouldn't be as big as it is. If your character isn't getting banned then you shouldn't care about metaknight getting banned.
Yea except me and Kenny are two of the better players in the state and we both play a lot of MK and there is no rational reason for him being banned other than Chris lost and hes salty. Has nothing to do with if someone "mains" him, that's irrelevant.

I'm not going to talk anymore about this because I made posts that destroyed every silly argument that was brought up, even suggesting a compromise with the semifinal thing but of course it gets ignored because nobody has anything to counter with.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I would agree to the semifinal thing. You could even do it for top 8.

Oh and thank you to whoever put the Link to the Neumont Tourney in the OP!

I See

Smash Apprentice
I Isee will enjoy this no mk tourney! Can't wait to play your sheik or wario marz! But forealz no mk is dumb cause people that main mk can't fight at full power. Plus I wanna do my flashy mk stuff :O

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
It's what the majority wants
And don't say the opinions of the noobs don't count
Cause all of us put in the same amount of money we all pay our 5 dollars scrubs included
Not ones opinion outways another
Chris u should go by what the poll results are and should close it in a couple days
If u want mk legal just vote and get more people who are going to vote
Simple

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
And U should never change rules mid tourney
That's just bad TOing
How do u think a noob would take that if he/she did make it to top 8?
"i make it this far and the rules changed without my knowledge or consent???"
No bias catering to the "pros"
It's unlikely but doesn't mean it won't happen

Jekyll

Smash Ace
How do u think a noob would take that if he/she did make it to top 8?
"i make it this far and the rules changed without my knowledge or consent???"
No bias catering to the "pros"
It's unlikely but doesn't mean it won't happen

If the rules changed without their knowledge or consent, then it would be on them. Just like anyone who checked the FB page 8 days before the tournament would be told that it's on them if they didn't know MK was banned.
I'm not saying that letting MK be legal in the final 8 would be the best idea, but it WOULD be a compromise.

And changing the rules within a week of the tourney without even being willing to compromise...
That's just bad TOing

-Mars-

Smash Hero
It's what the majority wants
And don't say the opinions of the noobs don't count
Cause all of us put in the same amount of money we all pay our 5 dollars scrubs included
Not ones opinion outways another
Chris u should go by what the poll results are and should close it in a couple days
If u want mk legal just vote and get more people who are going to vote
Simple
Can you not ****ing read?? Chris said he doesn't care what the poll results are he's banning MK anyways.

Are you dense??

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Plus, 23-20 is hardly a majority. Especially when there are people who are openly voting yes even though they say they can't come.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
And changing the rules within a week of the tourney without even being willing to compromise...
^^^^^^^ This.

But honestly, logic is wasted on Chris. I tried to talk to him about trolling new players and why he shouldnt do it, and he adamantly responded with 'why should I care if they come back or not' no matter what I said.

Top Bottom