• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'm probably going to the tourney.
What time do you think you'll be there? I'll come to hang with people for a bit and talk about Smash 4 and whatnot, but I have to go to someone's birthday party around 1 PM, so I can't stay for long. But I still need to swap Brawl copies with you since I have yours so I need you to come before then at the very least.

And taking out Toon Link with the upcoming Wind Waker HD remake is pretty bad timing. LOL
And I think Ike has a good chance to be replaced, since he's the Fire Emblem equivalent of Mewtwo/Lucario. If they replace him with Chrom, it's almost as if nothing changed, considering how similar they look. XD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ike is basically the face of Fire Emblem in the US though due to his 2 games being the first 2 FE games to really sell in the US (or even just be brought to the US lol), so I doubt itll happen, and hes also very unique playstyle wise. If anything Id say just add Chrom or leave it as Marth/Ike

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Zz you should know better. Ike wasn't even in the first 2 NA Fire Emblem games(GBA).

-Mars-

Smash Hero
All of the handheld games have outsold the console games. Lol.

But anyways...Waluigi for Smash 4.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ike is basically the face of Fire Emblem in the US though due to his 2 games being the first 2 FE games to really sell in the US (or even just be brought to the US lol), so I doubt itll happen, and hes also very unique playstyle wise. If anything Id say just add Chrom or leave it as Marth/Ike
lol iirc Path of Radiance in the US didn't even sell like a third of what FE GBA did and Radiant Dawn did even worse.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
lol Ive been lied to, I thought it sold good. Dont remember where I heard it, but I thought it did.

So I guess Ike has a chance of being replaced, but I still do think the 5 I mentioned have a greater chance.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Oh, I almost forgot. Sakurai recently tweeted that the daily picture update on the main website would come every Monday through Friday at around 2 AM our time (5 PM Japanese time; so the end of the work day).

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Starting immediately. The 2nd image has been updated on the official homepage since he said that.

Even before he said anything, I suspected he would update daily, anyway, since as I was saving images from the site after it went up, I noticed that the image on the homepage was titled "daily".

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ah, so that WFT is an update pic. Cool, I thought they just changed it for the sake of diversity or something lol.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Instead of tripping, your character may now occasionally freeze up from being frightened.
Playing characters like Bowser increases your opponent's chances of being frightened (a way to buff Bowser). Characters like Samus cannot be frightened (a way to buff Samus). XD
Unfortunately, despite having the Triforce of Courage, Link get's frightened pretty often, so he can't get the buff he needs this way.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
News pages carrying this info are being taken down all over the internet. Looks like it was just a hoax.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
how do you make it a spoiler O_O I didn't mean to take up so much room
Use Collapse tags. Ever since the board's change, it says "spoiler", which is the cause of a bunch of confusion. Even more since the Spoiler tags don't work, anymore.
Info on the smash tourney plox.
258 W 3300 S Salt Lake City, UT 84115
Friendlies starts at noon. Tournament is scheduled to start at 1 PM.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
What time do you think you'll be there? I'll come to hang with people for a bit and talk about Smash 4 and whatnot, but I have to go to someone's birthday party around 1 PM, so I can't stay for long. But I still need to swap Brawl copies with you since I have yours so I need you to come before then at the very least.
I'll hop in the shower right now. My phone is updating via my computer, so it could be a little while before I make it over, but I predict I'll be there around 12:30. Hopefully you'll still be around.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
So ya... can't make it to the tourney :(

Check out for my apartment had to be pushed back to 1:00 instead of 9:30. Maybe next time. I'll be in cali for a month so I'll leave with this:

*Tries to find something funny and witty*
*can't find anything*
*settles on villager meme*

Top Bottom