• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yeah, Devon's/DeathKingSuarez's post was to make fun of Tsuteto's mistake, and not to make a statement that Friday is the new Saturday. XD

@Tsuteto: A Psychiatrist already mentioned in the Salt Fest thread that he works on Saturday, so he won't be able to make it.

A Psychiatrist

Smash Apprentice
I'm from Tooele, I doubt that there are any other smashers out here, but I'm fine with driving to wherever I need to be. I t oo am working this friday and saturday, although I might be able to make it a little late on saturday. Oh, and I can bring my setup to any larger tournaments that I can attend.

Shostak

Smash Rookie
I don't live far from A Psychiatrist, so if anyone is going to have a smashfest, me and him are most likely going to come.

I also have a question if anyone can help out. I recently made a sig for me, though whenever I go to put it for my signature, it won't show up. :/

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
This site sucks now and doesnt work right, so until its fixed its really hard to make/change your signature.

wangston

Smash Lord
Thank you chaos for standing up for us who don't really feel comfortable in drinking/smoking areas. I've gotten used to it, but I prefer to smash without it honestly. I'm starting to look for housing in late summer around the provo/southfield area. If anyone knows of a spot that'll be opening up/needs a roommate I'm game to do a year's lease or something. I moved here to oklahoma for a year with the OK smash group a year ago and it's been a blast living with smashers =3. I figure I'll put the offer here before I start looking elsewhere. =3.

How late in the summer? Housing is diffrent around here for byu students and it's mostly contracted for fall/winter semester or spring/summer. That would be end of august to end of april, and end of april to late august.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Venue is awesome, you should come. Plus, I'll be there, my once in a blue moon tourney.

And David, I miss you. Come back to me. Please? I'll give you Panda?

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
just read the post about what the "problem is"
imagine for a moment that you are spending every day crying, considering how you might kill yourself, and feeling generally worthless because you are being kicked out of your brother's place and can't find anywhere to live
imagine that you get forced into your brother's coworker's friend's apartment to stay in a spare bedroom. You've never met this guy. You go to stay there, and he's gone all day at work. If you leave for food, to go job hunting, to go apartment hunting, you either lock yourself out and come back whenever it's unlocked (you don't have his number OR his key and you've NEVER met him), or you leave it unlocked and risk this guy's apartment getting robbed because you didn't want to leave. Now imagine sitting in this ****ing **** of a situation, with emotions brewing for a week about how worthless and guilty you feel and how you are a huge burden (not to mention 2 weeks ago when I was having serious trauma from relationship issues). You finally meet the guy, you get out of the place, and you go to the nearby coffee shop to steal internet and look for a house. You find a post from somebody you've never met complaining that you couldn't make it to the smash fest because you were too busy being in the aforementioned situation.

I haven't been very emotionally stable lately but you seriously can't see why that would piss me off so much? NONE OF MY PERSONAL STRUGGLES MATTER; all that buzzsaw cared about is that I "didn't show up again"
real life is serious ****ing **** when you graduate college and have what feels like the whole world crashing on your shoulders, maybe you aren't capable of understanding that, fine, but seriously can we not be mad that I missed melee because I was obviously in the middle of more important ****

as for the mexis, when I meet them I'm totally open to liking them, but from every account I've heard I'd be a fool to trust them in my home

I'm just gunna stop posting because I clearly suck ass at it. I'm loveable IRL but apparently a scourge on the interbutts
another point--I had been texted personally by buzzsaw and thought I was pretty clear that I was in an awful position IRL. I felt extremely betrayed that he would say "well well well guys look who didn't show up again"

mother ****ing smash drama

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
just read the post about what the "problem is"
imagine for a moment that you are spending every day crying, considering how you might kill yourself, and feeling generally worthless because you are being kicked out of your brother's place and can't find anywhere to live
imagine that you get forced into your brother's coworker's friend's apartment to stay in a spare bedroom. You've never met this guy. You go to stay there, and he's gone all day at work. If you leave for food, to go job hunting, to go apartment hunting, you either lock yourself out and come back whenever it's unlocked (you don't have his number OR his key and you've NEVER met him), or you leave it unlocked and risk this guy's apartment getting robbed because you didn't want to leave. Now imagine sitting in this ****ing **** of a situation, with emotions brewing for a week about how worthless and guilty you feel and how you are a huge burden (not to mention 2 weeks ago when I was having serious trauma from relationship issues). You finally meet the guy, you get out of the place, and you go to the nearby coffee shop to steal internet and look for a house. You find a post from somebody you've never met complaining that you couldn't make it to the smash fest because you were too busy being in the aforementioned situation.

I haven't been very emotionally stable lately but you seriously can't see why that would piss me off so much? NONE OF MY PERSONAL STRUGGLES MATTER; all that buzzsaw cared about is that I "didn't show up again"
real life is serious ****ing **** when you graduate college and have what feels like the whole world crashing on your shoulders, maybe you aren't capable of understanding that, fine, but seriously can we not be mad that I missed melee because I was obviously in the middle of more important ****

as for the mexis, when I meet them I'm totally open to liking them, but from every account I've heard I'd be a fool to trust them in my home

I'm just gunna stop posting because I clearly suck *** at it. I'm loveable IRL but apparently a scourge on the interbutts
another point--I had been texted personally by buzzsaw and thought I was pretty clear that I was in an awful position IRL. I felt extremely betrayed that he would say "well well well guys look who didn't show up again"

mother ****ing smash drama
People miss smash events all the time. It's not a problem. I missed one a couple weekends ago because I was too sick to go. Missing smash isn't the issue here. The issue is you making posts earlier about how 'inactive' and 'stupid' this smash scene is. Now, here you are, missing a smash event because of life. Maybe, now you understand why you came off as such a prick in your original posts. I'm sorry your life is so rough right now, but that does not give you some right to project your negativity onto everyone else. When other people say they are too busy to smash, JUST DEAL WITH IT. Stop making snide remarks about the scene you know nothing about. I have my own family to watch over; I'm not exactly oozing with free time myself.

My intent was not to disrespect your situation. I never once thought, "Hey, this guy is going through hard times. I'm gonna mock him for kicks and giggles." I wanna smash with you. I still do. If you can't make it on a given day, that's fine. I was just giving you a hard time based on your previous comments. Let's just move on. We have Melee to play.

I'll be more than happy to bring a Melee setup on Saturday.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
That sounds super rough dude. Hope that things get resolved quickly for you. :(

And although I previously mentioned that I was coming Saturday, I'll go ahead and reiterate: I'm coming with three other guys from Provo.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
@meatisMURDER: Communication on the internet can be tricky. Yes, you have come off as a little bit more of a **** recently, but we don't hold that against you. We do understand that life gets in the way a bit, we've all experienced it, one way or another. Not saying that as an excuse. If anything, your situation is very excusable. As Buzz said, he was poking a little fun at the fact you didn't show up, not a call out by any means. You'll find that he's one of the most chill members of the community. Come to the tourney on this Saturday, if only but for an hour, and have some fun with us.

@anonano: Freak yes. Thanks for being awesome like that.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
DOUBLE POST BAN HIM BUZZ

But seriously, do we need to show up by noon tomorrow to sign up, or is okay to show up at, say, 12:30 and still be allowed to? Because I've got something at 11 and that I'd like to be able to do as well as this tourney. No biggie if I can't, though :(

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Yes, ban me Buzz. Plz?

You should be fine with getting there around 12:30 Anonano.

PC we've started without them before in spite of all their complaining and moaning. Of course they didn't learn anything from it though.

Top Bottom