• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Update:

Current Leader:
SSBM ($2,504.47) +$762.15

Nearest Rivals:
Skullgirls ($2,456.22) +$1490

DOA 5 ($1,287.69) +$325
Guilty Gear ($837.90) +$262.1

My Little Pony Fund:
$3,801.50 (+241)

Note: Underlined sections are links to the pages with current totals, if you want the absolute latest.
DONATE FOR MELEE TO BE IN EVO!!

Apparently MLP fighting game won't be in EVO since it's not done, but if they win they'll give the MLP fighters $1000 for their development and the next highest donated game will get in. And if another game overtakes them they'll get that $1000 for the pot.

Check everything out in this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=332276

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
MLP OP. Beating every game by a thousand dollars and not even finished.

Lmao.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Sephiroth Fire Emblem on 3DS comes out in like 2 weeks. Get it so we can has multiplayerz

:phone:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Steve, Chris, Kevin, and I will all be at a LoL tournament this Saturday, and Im honestly not sure how long it will go on. If the smashfest is later and we're done by then, we could probably swing by, but it depends on when everything is happening.

BlurB

Smash Apprentice
Dang. Absolutely loved Apex. This was the first one I watched live, and it was totally worth staying up till 4 for the big finale. Looking to continue to get to know my main even more - I want to see more Lucario in these tourneys! :)

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Steve, Chris, Kevin, and I will all be at a LoL tournament this Saturday, and Im honestly not sure how long it will go on. If the smashfest is later and we're done by then, we could probably swing by, but it depends on when everything is happening.
And me! ill be shout casting with an old friend you might all know, his name is Marcus (Scrage). I don't know if anyone who didn't already know this cares, but ill post the stream link here on Saturday and we will be doing 2 starter pack give aways, a 2 free pizza cards (those have to go to people at the event), and a $10 RP card during the finals. Both the starter packs and the RP cards will be given away via twitter, and the stream so give it a go.

yeah we won't be there too long.

You better come say hi, maybe we'll do an interview before you leave, depending on time.

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
And me! ill be shout casting with an old friend you might all know, his name is Marcus (Scrage). I don't know if anyone who didn't already know this cares, but ill post the stream link here on Saturday and we will be doing 2 starter pack give aways, a 2 free pizza cards (those have to go to people at the event), and a $10 RP card during the finals. Both the starter packs and the RP cards will be given away via twitter, and the stream so give it a go.

You better come say hi, maybe we'll do an interview before you leave, depending on time.
Yeah for any of you who care, heres the bracket for it lol: http://www.utahlol.com/currentseason.html

We're Dat Gushy Stuff, we gone get *****.
Those guys are going to be running the LoL tournament at Salt Fest as well. We'll most likely need commentators for the tournament so if any of you guys are good at it. Feel free to volunteer for the position.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Those guys are going to be running the LoL tournament at Salt Fest as well. We'll most likely need commentators for the tournament so if any of you guys are good at it. Feel free to volunteer for the position.
When, and you can check out our stream to see if you like us. I should be up for doing it if I know ahead of time (gota get work off and all that). Would you need us to come down, or just spectate from our homes?

As for info, Scrage is brand new to the game been playing only a few months, but he played countless hours of Dota and Hon before Lol, also shout casted in Hon. Played Smash and MTG competitively.

For myself, was a mod on here, played Smash, wow, and League for about 2 years each at a competitive level. Shout casting, programming, playing lol, and school is what im doing now.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
He lives like, 10 mins from me and I live on the border of West and South Jordan.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I plan on helping FTS move at about noon. So, you guys cool for smashing from like 2 or 3 until whenever? (I'll set a time.)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
What's FTS?
This separates the older smashers from the newer ones. I didn't realize how long I've been in the scene.

FTS (FoxTheStampede) was the main host for Utah for a long time, hosting melee tournaments in his basement and a few brawl tourneys when that came out. But then he became busy and had to move on with life which will happen to all of us sooner or later.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
FTS = Fox The Stampede.

Obviously lol.

And Ill be there with the mexis whenever were done.

Also, for clarification (mainly for MVP so he doesnt feel like he has no idea whats going on) Buzz will either post or message people his address sometime before it happens, so dont worry about that. I dont remember his exact address, but if you need a general area idea, its not far away from 9000 south and 2000ish west in the Jordans area.

Damn, ninjad by Kenny

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I'm going to go ahead and say smash starting at 3:00. Please bring TVs + setups. I have one big TV (+ Wii) and one tiny TV. That's it.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
This separates the older smashers from the newer ones. I didn't realize how long I've been in the scene.
But only TRULY old-school Smashers of the Utah scene will know what MoM stands for. XD (Although, you can probably make an educated guess based on how I capitalized it.)

It'll be nice if FTS can make it, although if he's moving that day, then he'll probably be pretty busy. :(

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
yo guys just moved to SLC from Illinois and I'm looking to find some melee players. Or Dota2 players (I'm a pro dota player, I was sponsored by root gaming and am on a top 5 north american dota2 team
i just got my 4 year degree and atm live with my brother, which is on capital hill (i'm a 5 minute walk from the temple). i'm pretty good at melee too.
i don't have a car and I haven't mastered the trax/bus system yet but if you guys wanna smash get at me
i also don't have a setup but i got a controller at least

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
>plays Melee and DotA
>moves to a state all about Brawl and LoL

lol

There are probably some dota players somewhere, Id ask Sinz about that if you ever see him. And as for melee, while most of us are brawl players, most of us still play melee a bit and there are some melee players like PC, FTS, Ichigo, etc.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
omg lol and brawl players. we must foster peace between sworn enemies
also im a fox main but i have a really strong high tier/top tier and some pretty good low tiers too
do those melee players view this thread or am I gunna have to go out of my way to get in contact with them

when you say PC do you mean pc chris

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Nah PC = Perfect Chaos, he posts often (he has a post like, 10 posts or so prior to this one). But as for the other melee players, most arent really that active here unfortunately, but PC can probably help you contact them, at least a lot better than I can.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
U want people that play melee like people that pick up a controller and insert melee into a GameCube and push buttons or do you want people that are actually good?

There's like 3.

Top Bottom