• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
But ICs still won.

Btw, Devon, can you tell ASLC that I wanna talk to/text him and either give him my number (801-597-7078) and ask him to text me, or get his number so I can text him? Ive been trying to PM him and stuff but he doesnt answer lol.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Anybody up for a smash fest this Saturday at my apartment? I'm thinking around 7ish. Unless I win Megadeth tickets, in which case eff you all. If you're down to smash, text me. 8012287211

:phone:

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
The weekly is tomorrow. We'll be having Playstation All Stars as well as our two usual games. So make sure to come out for that. We'll also have a few shirts available for sale so for those who missed out last week, you can get one tomorrow.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That feel when you go into a FFA 3 stock match online, and youre against 3 Raidens as Spike.

Then you win with 8 kills and 1 death loooool

Also, season 1 ended for online rankings in Allstars. Finished the season ranked #31 in the world rankings, awwww yeah.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
There aren't too many other people in the world that are so good at wasting their life as you, so it's not surprising.

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to let you all know that the Salt Fest website is now up. www.saltfest.org. Check it out and let me know what you guys think about. Don't forge to like Utah Fight Circuit and Salt Fest on Facebook as well.
Salt Fest: http://www.facebook.com/utfcsaltfest
Utah Fight Circuit: http://www.facebook.com/UtahFightCircuit
This is going to be Utah's first regional so let's make this event super hype. Tell all the Smasher's you know about, out of state included.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Found an error on the website. In the "location" part of the website, the Google maps box points to some place in San Francisco.

EDIT: Just realize that it's two days after my birthday. For that, you should let me host a side-tournament (for another version of Smash) if time permits and if there's enough interest for it. XD

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
That feel when you go into a FFA 3 stock match online, and youre against 3 Raidens as Spike.

Then you win with 8 kills and 1 death loooool

Also, season 1 ended for online rankings in Allstars. Finished the season ranked #31 in the world rankings, awwww yeah.
....aren't there like 36 people playing that game total?

Ouch.. forty dollars?... Really? That seems really steep for people coming solely for the tournament.

Yeah, that is steep. :(

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
Ouch.. forty dollars?... Really? That seems really steep for people coming solely for the tournament.

That's the price, day of, at the door. We'll putting up a registration in the next few days that will offer a discount for those who pre register online. The first one will be our "Super Early Bird" discount which will be for anyone who signs up before December 31st, at midnight, will pay $25 to get into the event.

This is also not solely a tournament only event as we will also be having events and panels that you may attend as well. These will also be announced in the near future.

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
We've added and extra day to Salt Fest! It will now run from May 10-12. So what does that mean for you guys? Well that means we have a whole extra day to cram more gaming greatness into this great convention.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Right now, if you do sign up for Super Early Bird, it's $25 for all three days, +$10 per tournament you sign up for. They also have the "Badge of the Gods", 20 total it seems, that are for $70, which is all three days, plus one tournament paid for, plus one match guaranteed to be live streamed (if you're of the first 15 to buy).

Seriously, I've seen worse, plus, while it's a regional, this is LOCAL for you guys. You pay more to go to other regionals, and this is the first time that they're planning something this large scale. Show some love and support? I know I plan to.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I've paid under 45 for an OoS tourney plus the trip combined lol.

And $25 venue fee (which it essentially is, for those only going for the tourney) plus 10 dollar entry fees would be more than the venue/entry fees that was at genesis, which was an international tournament. I'll still go if we get some OoS players, but I don't see many coming for a tourney that pricey.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I would probably pay for that "Badge of the Gods" badge if there was a tournament that I care to enter, but at this point, there isn't one. I would only enter a tournament for Melee or Project:M. Again, I would seriously run said tournament if I'm allowed to (probably need some help from a few others, though, as well as a share of some of the TVs), and would advertise for it and actively participate in helping out with organization, too.

Also, I'm curious: Who's running the Brawl tournament for Salt Fest, anyway? Devon?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I would probably pay for that "Badge of the Gods" badge if there was a tournament that I care to enter, but at this point, there isn't one. I would only enter a tournament for Melee or Project:M. Again, I would seriously run said tournament if I'm allowed to (probably need some help from a few others, though, as well as a share of some of the TVs), and would advertise for it and actively participate in helping out with organization, too.

Also, I'm curious: Who's running the Brawl tournament for Salt Fest, anyway? Devon?
Send an email to general@utahfightcircuit.com about doing a tournament, as they are currently taking suggestions. I think melee would be completely feasible.

And another point to bring as well as this isn't just a tournament thing, it could be considered more like a con of sorts. No, I haven't been to other oos tournaments, note any cons recently, so I don't know how they all run, but there will be other things going on as well. Example, an artist's alley of sorts. Check out the website at www.saltfest.org for more details. I would imagine as well that, as this is the first year they're doing this, they will be very open to feedback of lots of things, including to being open to feedback right now, as you all are doing.

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
To answer some questions/comments about Salt Fest. As has been stated, we are open to suggestions on another tournaments (this includes side tournaments).

Second, the price. The average FGC tournament costs $35 to attend and only offers tournaments, nothing more (this does not count the usual $10 entrance fee per game). We're offering tournaments, events, panels, etc. http://www.socalregionals.com/?page_id=6

The "Badge of the Gods" may sound pricey but for those who took some time to read it over you also get to attend Anime Salt Lake 2013. www.animesaltlake.com

The offer we value for what we're doing is second to none.

*Edit* To answer Perfect Chaos. If you are interested in running a Melee side tournament then please either send us a message on facebook http://www.facebook.com/utfcsaltfest, or email us at tournament@utahfightcircuit.com and we can discuss that*Edit*

wangston

Smash Lord
I leave dec 17th, and I'll be back on the 4th. Kenny was thinking of maybe playing smash with everyone in slc on the night of the 16th cause my plane leaves super early on the 17th

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
But the 16th is a Sunday, dont you mormons like, not do stuff on that day?

Top Bottom