• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im not butthurt though lol, I was speaking srs there.

Also, tell David to come back.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
besides we all know none of you are really good at video games? have any of you beaten I wanna be the guy? no? well there you go, all of you are just kids wanting to be the guy

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ive never even played that game yet lol.

And NO, I WAS SERIOUS, HHHHNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So yeah, bring MK7 to the tournament (or just a 3DS cuz so long as you're fine playing Shy Guy you can play without the cartridge). I wanna play you all.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Remember that time when we tried to do a movie night?

you guys remember what happened? Totally became a smashfest, within minutes

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Um, no, that was not your argument.

Your argument was:
All insects are bugs, but not all bugs are insects. Logic failed.
So from that, there are 2 values you are speaking of here, Bugs and Insects.

Your response was:
Smash = Nintendo, MK7 = Nintendo, MK7=Nintendo=Smash, MK7 =/= Smash.
Wait, now 3 values? Smash, Nintendo, AND MK7? That's a completely different argument.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
That's cause we couldn't get Netflix to work and we had no movies people wanted to watch. XD That was a good night. We did have a movie going on on the big screen in the background, we just had a tv on the floor in front of it with smash going lol.

I've just seen smash fests where people that only came to smash are left pretty much by themselves or with only a couple of other people playing, while well over half the people there are playing some other game that no one else cares about. It kind of alienates the other people and makes the overall experience much less enjoyable. Especially for newcomers to the smash scene. IMO, it's bad enough already with brawl and melee splitting up the people playing with each other without throwing other games into the mix.

:phone:

Edit: ZZ, this was my original post.

Smash tournament = smash.

Smash tournament =/= MK 7

Jelly beat me to it.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Um, no, that was not your argument.

His argument was this.... Looks pretty similar.
Smash tournament =/= MK 7

I've just seen smash fests where people that only came to smash are left pretty much by themselves or with only a couple of other people playing, while well over half the people there are playing some other game that no one else cares about. It kind of alienates the other people and makes the overall experience much less enjoyable. Especially for newcomers to the smash scene. IMO, it's bad enough already with brawl and melee splitting up the people playing with each other without throwing other games into the mix.
Kenny's just jealous that he didn't get to play Kirby RTD.

And just to clear things up:
64>Melee>Brawl>MK7^2

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I guess I kind of see it the other way. Sometimes people won't go to tourneys since they don't want to do one smash game all day. Plus it gives some newcomers incentive to come since they get to play other games they enjoy (MK7 or whatever) instead of coming for just one game.

Melee was my main incentive while helping out the Brawl turnout.
I know I wouldn't have entered as many Brawl tourneys as I did if there wasn't a Melee set up or some other game. Same goes for the opposite. The Melee turnout would be awful if there wasn't a Brawl tourney there in Utah.

What you're saying definitely makes sense though. Besides this:
while well over half the people there are playing some other game that no one else cares about.
That's just you saying they're playing a game you don't care about.

XDDD

Smash Rookie
Ebo I need a ride to the mexi cove on Saturday! Also we should team.
ANNDD someone (DS4/Seph/Ebo) left their iPod/iPhone charger at my house
I'll bring it on Saturday

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Sounds like you guys could learn a lesson from RJ.

Calm the **** down **** and just laugh at all the morons in the world.

Ebo!

Smash Apprentice
ok i'll pick you and ds4 up if you two could get to the same palce that be cool be if not i'll still manage

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yall are dumb, I just said bring MK7 or a 3DS if you have one so we can play, I never even said anything about a tournament.

wangston

Smash Lord
Some one bring mario kart DS. I'll will money match you in it $30. I was the best on wifi 1000+ wins 10 loses. I'm broken. Snaking master

Dat_Knee

Smash Rookie
I did not think this thread would still be active. I just barely got back into Smash after a little while. Questions:

Do you guys play Melee?

Do you still meet for casuals or anything like that?

Any feedback would be sick, a few friends and I were looking into finding more people to play some (semi-)competitive Melee.

Staz

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure everyone is fine with extra games at tourneys and fests and its not like mk7 takes up any TV's. Power gems was amazing.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
LOL people take posts way too serious. I don't care if you bring your gameboys and play. I just think it's kind of lame to go to a smash event and play a different game most of the time.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Be there around noon cuz we'll start sometime between then and 1 (which means we'll probably start ast 1:15 or so)

Top Bottom