• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
But is there a meetup that we can arrange during the 26th, 28th, or 29th? Doesn't need to be a tournament necessarily, but something on any of those dates would be great

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Touche, touche. Meant to say "starting in March" instead of "every month," blah.

TOURNAMENT INFO:

12/10/11 - Orem Play n Trade
160 East University Parkway, Suite G Orem, UT 84058
Starts at 10am SHARP
$5 Entry fee, no venue
Anyone bother telling them that's a HORRIBLE start time? At least it is IMO.

Any break downs as to Singles, doubles, etc? Or are they JUST doing singles? I won't be able to make it, but a friend might end up going.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
@PC: We need to do Melee Zelda dittos. I need to redeem myself still from all those freakin' Din's Fires you hit me with XD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Only singles this time, but in future events, if it works out, we'll prob have doubles and such as well.

Staz

Smash Lord
yo tsu I think I left my huge jacket in your car. if you can keep it safe for me. that would be great ^.^

EDIT: it was great SEEING kenny again and smashing with him and dryu. thanks for coming up! :)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Dang, only singles. Teams is what I was getting excited for. Oh well, I'm still way excited to see everyone again :D You all better be there!

Is there a thread for the tourney/info coming up the week after?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Why the **** are we having tourneys every week?
That justs takes away from the quality of one
Monthlies ftw

:phone:
EVERY WEEK!? wtf, i been tryin to go smash like every weekend it seems and then I hear ***** you missed last tourney and im like more baw than emo deathbyscrub or a ragequitting lanky and thas some intense passion of a thousand burning suns grade ****

If everything gets secured with the apartment I'm looking into right now (should hear back tomorrow), I'll see about throwing good monthlies every month or so.
....monthlies every month or so. lol.

TOURNAMENT INFO:

12/10/11 - Orem Play n Trade
160 East University Parkway, Suite G Orem, UT 84058
Starts at 10am SHARP
$5 Entry fee, no venue
LOLWTF why is zz hosting a tourney in orem??? lol. poor, poor, mars. ulayton.
WHATTTTT!!!!!!!!!!????????????

that.
But is there a meetup that we can arrange during the 26th, 28th, or 29th? Doesn't need to be a tournament necessarily, but something on any of those dates would be great
i doubt anyone here even will leave their wii/ps3/360 for a few days after xmas
Touche, touche. Meant to say "starting in March" instead of "every month," blah.

Anyone bother telling them that's a HORRIBLE start time? At least it is IMO.

Any break downs as to Singles, doubles, etc? Or are they JUST doing singles? I won't be able to make it, but a friend might end up going.
only horrible because of the location, how the f do i even wake up before 10 tho? is that possible??? on a weekend???? do clocks even have a number before 10?
I'll stop by for a bit to see Kenny (and other people I haven't seen in ages). But other than that, I'll have to leave by 2 PM.
): our pc is getting old guys... it always runs out of battery just a few hours into the tourney, i remember when it could hold a charge all day long and still be running at 60fps but now it lags and often doesnt even start... its time to upgrade and find a new asian.

@PC: We need to do Melee Zelda dittos. I need to redeem myself still from all those freakin' Din's Fires you hit me with XD
hes just gonna be a douche and dins fire you more.
Dang, only singles. Teams is what I was getting excited for. Oh well, I'm still way excited to see everyone again :D You all better be there!

scrubs jus cant dubz

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Dang, only singles. Teams is what I was getting excited for.
You just want to Utah Buffer the stock from Yaz and say "I got this!" :chuckle:
): our pc is getting old guys... it always runs out of battery just a few hours into the tourney, i remember when it could hold a charge all day long and still be running at 60fps but now it lags and often doesnt even start... its time to upgrade and find a new asian.
LOL
hes just gonna be a douche and dins fire you more.
LOL again... I'm planning to... ;)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You just want to Utah Buffer the stock from Yaz and say "I got this!" :chuckle:
LOL
LOL again... I'm planning to... ;)
LOL IGTSCing is so broken

they say computers dont know love, and yet somehow my old slow pc always puts a smile on my face ;_:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I like how ive been saying there will be a tournament on the 10th for almost 2 weeks now, and people are saying its out of nowhere.

I also like how people are just now realizing that the 16th is a Friday.

Come on guys, really?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
zz speaks the truth, even gkirbz knows about this one and he barely smashboards anymore.

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
Well I knew a tourney was happening but didn't know it was in Orem that's what surprised me. Wooooooooo!!!!!!

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Only singles this time, but in future events, if it works out, we'll prob have doubles and such as well.
With all due respect, I'm not expecting too much from the tournament. Last time in going to a PnT tournament sucked. Yes, ran, but just not, well, good.

yo tsu I think I left my huge jacket in your car. if you can keep it safe for me. that would be great ^.^
Yeah, it's sitting on my bed. I've been meaning to post about it, but have been lazy, pretty much XD

I won't be there. Have work. That, and I probably have a funeral to attend to for a friend's father that I need to get work off for.

I also like how people are just now realizing that the 16th is a Friday
Even then, Friday is still a horrible day. That's not even a day that high school students would be out (from my high school days, at least, not sure if they've changed winter vacation schedules). By placing it on a Friday, they're already asking for a low turnout.

Nonetheless, that's also be a day I wouldn't attend even if I had the day off. Flying out to Illinois to get married :p

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Just FYI, I didnt choose the day to be the 16th, that was Newmont. We had a connection with them and I called to set up the day, they were only good on the 16th unless we wanted to wait ALL THE WAY until around March, so I agreed with the 16th. I actually originally thought we agreed on the 17th, but when I got all the details from them, they had a big even on the 16th so they just merged it. Nothing I could really do there.

Also, Im going to try and get that place at my grandma's again cuz its really nice. I was planning on doing more stuff there earlier, but if you havent heard, she was diagnosed with cancer a couple months ago, so I didnt want to bother her with having to set everything up for a while.

We SHOULD have at least 2 tournaments in January, so what are the preferred weekends for you guys so I can set stuff up when most will be available?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I need a ride to Kennys homecoming on sunday and Jesse's homecoming this sunday. Can anyone help out?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I feel so left out not knowing these guys lol.

Hey Kenny/Harupia, Im Zz, I joined the scene literally 1 or 2 weeks after you left lmao.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
^^^ This guy's pretty much the only reason our smash scene still exists. Just saying.

:quill:
hey now, I was helping too til people started stealin hella **** from everyone at my house every tourney. -RJ

lol. Only if you want to buy me a 3DS. I'm freakin poor, dude.

:quill:
i only want this for mario 3ds. tanooki suit ftw.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Super Mario 3D Land was amazing. Ive already beaten everything aside from a few bonus stages.

Top Bottom