• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Y. Link's D-Air to recover...

TheSandbag

Smash Rookie
Recently, I've been playing against some friends who always seem to go for the same off-stage attacks when I'm recovering. To counter this, I've started to D-Air them while I'm mid recovery so that they get hit far away and I get an added bounce vertically towards the stage. Does anyone else really use this much, or is the risk of whiffing the D-air and dying too much to justify trying this?

Laijin

Smash Hero
Yeah...its pretty dead here.
D-air is a wonderful idea if you are 100% sure they will hit your sword and you won't trade with them or miss. If you miss, you're probably dead cause D-air takes forever to recover from. I prefer to use n-air their trying to intercept(Ex: fox shine off state. N-air beats that) or do a quick up B and knock them away if they are close enough. Those options are safer than d-air.

The Prince: SDJ

Smash Apprentice
If you miss you need to air dodge grapple to get back and on most stages this won't work, therefore if you miss your dead

Top Bottom