• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Wall of Pain?

SuruStorm

Smash Cadet
Recently I've been trying to pick up Jiggs, and while I feel that I'm making progress, the thing I'm struggling with most is the Wall of Pain. I can get the repeating rising up air, but I'm having trouble using it. Any tips on how to practice/learn? Also wondering if it is simply intensely situational.

Only a NOOB

Smash Cadet
You might consider using a different font color because that is really difficult to read against a dark grey background.

Wall of Pain = BAir spam, not UAir. The goal is to control the space between them and the stage and prevent them from returning with strategically positioned back-air kicks to knock them back away from the stage.

You don't always have to jump between BAirs, it's all about positioning and controlling the space. Just practice chasing them off the stage while facing backward and try to hit them with as many BAirs as you can. It will be tricky at first, but you'll get the hang of it.

I mean, I guess you could wall of pain upward as well (with UAirs), but the primary goal in that case would be to knock them out the top of the screen for a kill. You don't have to knock them out the side of the screen to kill them. And keep in mind that UAir is not nearly as safe as the BAir... many characters will be able to directly counter it with downward attacks, and most characters can avoid it by simply moving sideways or dodging.

SuruStorm

Smash Cadet
You might consider using a different font color because that is really difficult to read against a dark grey background.

Wall of Pain = BAir spam, not UAir. The goal is to control the space between them and the stage and prevent them from returning with strategically positioned back-air kicks to knock them back away from the stage.

You don't always have to jump between BAirs, it's all about positioning and controlling the space. Just practice chasing them off the stage while facing backward and try to hit them with as many BAirs as you can. It will be tricky at first, but you'll get the hang of it.

I mean, I guess you could wall of pain upward as well (with UAirs), but the primary goal in that case would be to knock them out the top of the screen for a kill. You don't have to knock them out the side of the screen to kill them. And keep in mind that UAir is not nearly as safe as the BAir... many characters will be able to directly counter it with downward attacks, and most characters can avoid it by simply moving sideways or dodging.
I did not mean up airs, I was somewhat tired when I wrote this and didn't proofread it, however thanks for your advice on this and the font colour, forgot it was still in purple.

Only a NOOB

Smash Cadet
You can, and I do use FAirs, they're just not nearly as effective overall as BAirs. Sometimes when being aggressive you don't have the luxury to turn yourself around though and need to keep going at them, and FAirs do the job pretty nicely in a pinch if they're off the stage and can't fight back anyway.

Top Bottom