• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Training Mode with Wario

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
I didn't put this in the Q&A thread because I think it warrants it's own thread. But if a mod disagrees then lock or move it I suppose.

I was wondering how everyone trains their Wario, other than just playing real matches of course. I travel solo a lot and sometimes don't have internet access to play on Anther's or a buddy to play in person with. And since level 9 CPUs I don't think are good practice, training mode is what I resort to. I'm looking to find more things to do there.

When in training mode here are the things I practice:

- B reverse bites
- popping bike on stage using lip of stage
- nair combos (nair to upair, nair to bair, ect.)
- nair to waft
- retreating bairs
- farting on CPU recoveries
- landing dair off stage on CPU recoveries
- fair, bair and dair gimps off stage
- recovering with bike, I jump deep off stage and try to get back to stage
- ledge trumps to bair

Anything else that you all do in training mode that I didn't mention? What important things am I not doing? I really want to find some more things to do there with the character.

Last edited:

Adrian Marin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5000-2987-6227
As well as everything you've mentioned, I also practice:

- Falling Uair
- Forward-angled Bike to Waft/Dair/Bite/Uair/etc
- Ledge Trump and wait for opponent to recover then waft or Dsmash
- Sourspot Fair to Waft (can be stringed prior to sourspot Fair with other Fairs)
- Dash Attack edgeguarding
- Falling non-Auto Cancelled Dair to Dtilt
- Bike setups such as the one in my signature :p
- Sourspot Fair to Dair at late percents
- Dash Dance
- Roll Cancel Grabbing
- Dtilt/Jab to Waft off-stage

Last edited:

louie g

Smash Journeyman
I didn't put this in the Q&A thread because I think it warrants it's own thread. But if a mod disagrees then lock or move it I suppose.

I was wondering how everyone trains their Wario, other than just playing real matches of course. I travel solo a lot and sometimes don't have internet access to play on Anther's or a buddy to play in person with. And since level 9 CPUs I don't think are good practice, training mode is what I resort to. I'm looking to find more things to do there.

When in training mode here are the things I practice:

- B reverse bites
- popping bike on stage using lip of stage
- nair combos (nair to upair, nair to bair, ect.)
- nair to waft
- retreating bairs
- farting on CPU recoveries
- landing dair off stage on CPU recoveries
- fair, bair and dair gimps off stage
- recovering with bike, I jump deep off stage and try to get back to stage
- ledge trumps to bair
Anything else that you all do in training mode that I didn't mention? What important things am I not doing? I really want to find some more things to do there with the character.
Something I like to do is when someone is in the air, preferably top left/right of the screen, they'll try to get somewhere in the middle of the stage, while avoiding you. Run to the side below them and act like you're giving them back the stage, and as they land, initiate the bike, and be sure to free wheelie that sucker for extra damage!

They don't need to be at the top corners of the screen though to do this trick, you just gotta pull a little more mind tricks to get behind 'em, and give them the illusion of a safe landing.

Roots

Smash Cadet
B reversing the bite after biking in the air can give you a huge sudden momentum shift in the opposite direction. The timing is kind of tricky so I'll often practice it, even though it isn't that useful

Also
-turnaround cancels
-jump cancel reverse usmash

And most of which everyone else said

Last edited:

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
Give FF Dair into Up Smash a go. You just gotta make sure you land with the Dair before the final hit so you can set up the Usmash better.
Another tricky thing I like to do is short hop Fair into Chomp at lower percents(or whenever your opponent doesn't really get sent flying too far).
Just keep in mind that these shouldn't really be used too often.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
- Forward-angled Bike to Waft/Dair/Bite/Uair/etc
- Ledge Trump and wait for opponent to recover then waft or Dsmash
- Sourspot Fair to Waft (can be stringed prior to sourspot Fair with other Fairs)
- Falling non-Auto Cancelled Dair to Dtilt
- Sourspot Fair to Dair at late percents
- Dtilt/Jab to Waft off-stage
Adrian would you happen to have videos of you performing any of these? Was trying to do these techs in training mode but not sure if I'm doing them optimally/correctly.

Adrian Marin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5000-2987-6227
Adrian would you happen to have videos of you performing any of these? Was trying to do these techs in training mode but not sure if I'm doing them optimally/correctly.
No, but I'm going to make some videos as soon as I get a capture card.

I did do the sourspot Fair to Waft setup in one of my weeklies though.

Top Bottom