• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using the word '****' when pertaining to video games and other stuff...

Brick_Top

Smash Apprentice
I did read it, and beliefs wasn't a good word choice. Actions is better. It's like saying "I justify **** and think it's hilarious". "Wait, jk, I was kidding." It defeats the purpose of trolling if you apologize about it after.

Thatfatcat

Smash Apprentice
I did read it, and beliefs wasn't a good word choice. Actions is better. It's like saying "I justify **** and think it's hilarious". "Wait, jk, I was kidding." It defeats the purpose of trolling if you apologize about it after.

....My intention was not outward, but more like inward. I was using the thread as a muscle to work on my piece. I aplogized because I'm not a *******. Got it?

Brick_Top

Smash Apprentice
....My intention was not outward, but more like inward. I was using the thread as a muscle to work on my piece. I apologized because I'm not AN *******. Got it?
*****. i mean fixed

I still don't really understand your intentions. If you apologized because you're not an *******, then why bother acting like one in the first place? (which I don't think you're an *******, you just trolled, then apologized for it which defeats the purpose of trolling) Idk, i'm still confused, but whatever, do what you please.

In fact, the only reason I can think of that you are apologizing is because Superspright owned you in the arguement, in which your response was to explain that everything you previously said was a lie and a joke on everyone else.

Thatfatcat

Smash Apprentice
*****. i mean fixed

I still don't really understand your intentions. If you apologized because you're not an *******, then why bother acting like one in the first place? (which I don't think you're an *******, you just trolled, then apologized for it which defeats the purpose of trolling) Idk, i'm still confused, but whatever, do what you please.

In fact, the only reason I can think of that you are apologizing is because Superspright owned you in the arguement, in which your response was to explain that everything you previously said was a lie and a joke on everyone else.

Actually, if you checked my posts before I posted in this thread, I actually am for PC. It would be hypocritical to not be in another thread, am I wrong? Therefore you=fail.

It was a satire. Jesus.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Honestly, I kinda wish I could snuff out your existence. But, I am crueler than that. Maybe in some sort of cosmic irony you will get ***** brutally and left to die somewhere.

You are very good at taking a deplorable point of view that is utterly indefensible, vile, and horrible, and probably anyone who really holds it should be tarred, hung up, butchered, have their innards strung out and shoved back inside of them while on a live feed 90 inch plasma TV right in front of them.

................I hope I never meet you in a dark alley

Brick_Top

Smash Apprentice
You are very good at taking a deplorable point of view that is utterly indefensible, vile, and horrible, and probably anyone who really holds it should be tarred, hung up, butchered, have their innards strung out and shoved back inside of them while on a live feed 90 inch plasma TV right in front of them.
Don't big tv's lag? And wouldn't a mirror serve the same purpose? Idk, less expensive I guess.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I guess if using the word **** is ok, we should start using the word yank to imply stupidity, considering the stereotype of all Americans being overly nationalist and generally ignorant.

I don't really agree with this stereotype, I think it does injustice to Americans, but of course you guys won't mind because using offensive terminology is fine here, plus I know one of my American friends won't find it offensive, and I know because one of my freinds will receive it positively, it's obviously going to be received positively universally, because people's opinions and feelings don't differ at all.
Yes, because only American gamers have offensive slang. get *****

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
On an off note:

The first time I heard the word "****" used other than it's text book term.

My brother was talking about how the police "*****" him for money in fines. I laughed, because even though the usage of the word might not be so great to some people. It got the point across.

Just be careful who you say it around folks. That's the key.

kataklysm336

Smash Cadet
This thread is full of fail. As everyone has already said intention is everything, black people call each other the N word all the time and it's okay. Why? Because they aren't saying "Hey slave!" the word has evolved to have a different meaning, and now when its used its saying "Hey my friend!".

All the over-sensitive people need to realize this. You all are correct, there is no way to justify joking about someone being sexually assaulted, but no one is joking about that, they are just using a word that happens to also mean that. Take the word *** for example. It can mean a donkey or a stubborn person. In both cases is describes something as basically being stubborn and unwilling the move (physically or mentally). Now lets apply this same logic to the word ****. It can be an the act of physically sexually assaulting someone against there will, or just beating someone really badly. In both cases the word is being used to suggest that one person forced the other to do something against their will (in one case its a sexual act, in another its losing a match.)

Words have different meanings, and language is continually changing all the time. How we use the word is much more important than the word you are using. How we use the word clues people in on which meaning to apply. If I walk up to someone who has been sexually assaulted and say "I love ****** women!" then she should be offended, and rightfully so because of how I used the word. However if I say "Man, I love ****** noobs" then she should not be offended, because I used a different meaning of the word.

On a side note people need to seriously grow up. If parents don't want their children to be exposed to foul language then its the parents job to do anything necessary to stop that, not ours. Words have different meanings...thats really all there is too it. You can't just ignore the other meanings of a word just because one happens to be negative.

If you find **** so offensive then you better never use these words either:

-Murder (I just murdered that guy.)- Could be offensive to the families of murder victims.
-Beat (It was a good game, but I beat him)- Could be offensive to victims of abuse.
-Owned (Man, he got owned)- Could be offensive to descendants of slaves.
-Burn (referring to an insult)- Could be offensive to survivors of fires.
-Gay (That was gay)- Could be offensive to homosexual.
-Lame (That is lame)- Could be offensive to people with physical disabilities.
-******** (Man, that move was ********)- Could be offensive to mentally handicapped people.

You are only allowed to say "I won by a large margin and there was nothing he could do".

Also, have any of you ever been *****? How do you know how those people would feel? What they think? How the handle it? How it affects them? What they find offensive? Most of you are just going off of the information you gathered from watching marathons of Law and Order SVU.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
This thread is full of fail. As everyone has already said intention is everything, black people call each other the N word all the time and it's okay. Why? Because they aren't saying "Hey slave!" the word has evolved to have a different meaning, and now when its used its saying "Hey my friend!".

All the over-sensitive people need to realize this. You all are correct, there is no way to justify joking about someone being sexually assaulted, but no one is joking about that, they are just using a word that happens to also mean that. Take the word *** for example. It can mean a donkey or a stubborn person. In both cases is describes something as basically being stubborn and unwilling the move (physically or mentally). Now lets apply this same logic to the word ****. It can be an the act of physically sexually assaulting someone against there will, or just beating someone really badly. In both cases the word is being used to suggest that one person forced the other to do something against their will (in one case its a sexual act, in another its losing a match.)

Words have different meanings, and language is continually changing all the time. How we use the word is much more important than the word you are using. How we use the word clues people in on which meaning to apply. If I walk up to someone who has been sexually assaulted and say "I love ****** women!" then she should be offended, and rightfully so because of how I used the word. However if I say "Man, I love ****** noobs" then she should not be offended, because I used a different meaning of the word.

On a side note people need to seriously grow up. If parents don't want their children to be exposed to foul language then its the parents job to do anything necessary to stop that, not ours. Words have different meanings...thats really all there is too it. You can't just ignore the other meanings of a word just because one happens to be negative.

If you find **** so offensive then you better never use these words either:

-Murder (I just murdered that guy.)- Could be offensive to the families of murder victims.
-Beat (It was a good game, but I beat him)- Could be offensive to victims of abuse.
-Owned (Man, he got owned)- Could be offensive to descendants of slaves.
-Burn (referring to an insult)- Could be offensive to survivors of fires.
-Gay (That was gay)- Could be offensive to homosexual.
-Lame (That is lame)- Could be offensive to people with physical disabilities.
-******** (Man, that move was ********)- Could be offensive to mentally handicapped people.

You are only allowed to say "I won by a large margin and there was nothing he could do".

Also, have any of you ever been *****? How do you know how those people would feel? What they think? How the handle it? How it affects them? What they find offensive? Most of you are just going off of the information you gathered from watching marathons of Law and Order SVU.
all of your points have already been driven hard into the ground.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
It would be pretty hilarious if a someone dissed a burn victim and then someone else shouts out:" OOOOOOOH BUUUURNEED!!!!"

*notes it down for future sitcom*

Oracle

Smash Master
I don't really see the problem with using it. It's just a word, and the word's meaning isn't even completely the same when in different context. Besides, almost every word can be taken like that.

Dude, this thread rocks!
Don't say that! Landslides are no laughing matter.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Overheard at school. Second floor SUB, after a heat and mass transfer exam.

Guy 1: How did that go for you?
Guy 2: Well, let's put it this way. Now I know what it feels like to be ***** for three straight hours.

Also, I lol'd at Cyanide & Happiness.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
It just refers to the fact that the particular thing that is "****" doesn't conform to the will of others, rather does what it wants and doesn't consider consequences. So in that context, it just makes sense. It's easier than saying:

"This thread doesn't conform to the will of others, rather does what it wants and doesn't consider consequences."

Abstract

Smash Cadet
Lol CA5H you're barking up the wrong tree... I tried to create a forum here about why I thought saying "gay" every god**** sentence as a derogatory slur was wrong and I got a bunch of pretentious quips from people saying "YOU CANT CHANGE ME" and replies saying my thread was gay... It's probably still on the front page even though it's closed. Maybe it inspired you?

Also, I love the morons that think because they have a friend who is gay or who has been ***** and they're ok with the word being said, then OH YEAP MUST BE OK DEN. Gotta love ignorance among the youth.

Also... NEITHER HE NOR I WERE TRYING TO CHANGE YOU. I have to put that in capital letters so everyone gets the idea. I at least wasnt trying to change thousands of gamers, so drop that ****ing comment ok guys? It's not what I think CA5H is trying to do so quit that ****.

Well for what it's worth, I'm extremely against using terms like GAY or ****** or ****... So I can support you 110% on this my man, if you wanna talk with someone about it, my aim is: Prest0ne8.

~P

Ahh **** lol

Top Bottom