• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using The Rankings System

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
We now have a built in feature for Smashboards that allows you to submit your tournament results directly to the site, and then easily include them in your thread.

Read the full announcement

This is a guide for using this new system to submit your results, and then include them in your results thread.

Submitting Results

Begin by clicking Rankings in the top navigation bar and then selecting Submit Brackets in the secondary navigation. Alternately, you can click Submit Results from the Tournament Results forum.

From here, you can choose to import from Challonge, Tio/TioPro (Both work) or manually writing out your results.

If you ran a large event of at least 50 players that had pools, submit the pools under the Pools category. This will award points to those players for participating. Then submit the main bracket to the appropriate category for the whole event.

Events with less than 50 players that had pools should not have their pools submitted.

Importing from Challonge

This can only be done by a user with user/score management privileges for the event. Simply link the Challonge bracket URL, and grab your Challonge API Key from your settings on Challonge.

To get your Challonge API Key, go to your settings on Challonge and select Password and API Key. Click Generate a new API key if you have never done so before. The bracket image will automatically be grabbed for events done via Challonge.

Importing from Tio or TioPro

You can use a bracket file from both Tio or TioPro. Simply click the icon and then select your bracket file.

On the next page, you will be able to choose which event from your Tio file you wish to import, as Tio files can contain multiple events.

If you have multiple events from one file to submit, you will have to do each one individually.

Manual Submission

Choose to manually import brackets on the submit page. Fill out the information for your event and then click Import Bracket.

On the next page you'll be able to start adding results for the event.

Once you are done importing or writing out your bracket, you have a few final details to take care of. Before doing any of that, please be sure to click the Lock Bracket Results button.

Lock Bracket Results
is your sign to the Rankings Moderators that your event is ready for approval. Make sure to do so after all results are listed.

Note: Locking Results does not prevent claiming. It simply means the results and placements are final.

If you have a YouTube playlist for the event, you can add the URL as a 'Media' link type on the submission page, which will then be embedded on the results page below the bracket image(s). You can link the event and results threads with the 'Thread' link type and finally, you can link any relevant websites such as Facebook, Twitter or general sites for the event via the 'Website' link type.

After your bracket is in the system, players can claim their placing in the results to link it to their Smashboards accounts, and receive their reward points. If you know a players account on Smashboards, you as a TO have the ability to connect their account to a placing.

Posting Results Thread

On the results page for your rankings submission, the sidebar will contain bbcode for embedding your results in a thread. You can post a traditional results thread and easily include the results using the bbcode.

Examples of all possibilities:

Full results embed
Code:
[event=full]3[/event]
The Break Smash Bi-Weekly #01 - Smash Bros. Melee
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Mew2King
$84.00
2nd
MGFC|StriCNYN3
$42.00
3rd
Tec0
$14.00
4th
MGFC|Chain-Ace
5th
Internet Explorer
5th
CopyCat
7th
smokely
7th
RedEyeZ
9th
DC-Scribz
9th
POOPFACE
9th
Zelko
9th
DekuNut
13th
KYJ
13th
Wide

Only Top 8
Code:
[event=8]3[/event]
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Mew2King
$84.00
2nd
MGFC|StriCNYN3
$42.00
3rd
Tec0
$14.00
4th
MGFC|Chain-Ace
5th
Internet Explorer
5th
CopyCat
7th
smokely
7th
RedEyeZ
9th
DC-Scribz
9th
POOPFACE

Full results without bracket image
Code:
[event=nobracket]3[/event]
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Mew2King
$84.00
2nd
MGFC|StriCNYN3
$42.00
3rd
Tec0
$14.00
4th
MGFC|Chain-Ace
5th
Internet Explorer
5th
CopyCat
7th
smokely
7th
RedEyeZ
9th
DC-Scribz
9th
POOPFACE

Only top 3 without bracket image
Code:
[event=nobracket,3]3[/event]
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Mew2King
$84.00
2nd
MGFC|StriCNYN3
$42.00
3rd
Tec0
$14.00
4th
MGFC|Chain-Ace
5th
Internet Explorer
5th
CopyCat
7th
smokely
7th
RedEyeZ
9th
DC-Scribz
9th
POOPFACE

Last edited:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Just a reminder for everyone that the rankings system can import from Tio/Tio Pro/Challonge and you can embed the results in your threads. This sticky is open for any questions.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Can I make an import test and not claim anything (and not letting anyone else claim) just to be sure of how it works?

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Can I make an import test and not claim anything (and not letting anyone else claim) just to be sure of how it works?
You can go through the steps until the stage you fill out the events name, venue, etc. without it actually getting added to get a feel for the process.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Where do I go in order to contact someone If a bracket has been in the Queue for over two months and hasn't been looked at? I know Moderators need to be the ones to clear brackets, but I'm unaware of the members who have the ability to do this.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Where do I go in order to contact someone If a bracket has been in the Queue for over two months and hasn't been looked at? I know Moderators need to be the ones to clear brackets, but I'm unaware of the members who have the ability to do this.
Make sure the results are 'locked' for one, as that's the indicator to the mods you're done submitting the rankings and such, for them to approve. People can still claim results and such once it's locked.

Contacting me for anything Rankings related is perfectly acceptable.

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Make sure the results are 'locked' for one, as that's the indicator to the mods you're done submitting the rankings and such, for them to approve. People can still claim results and such once it's locked.

Contacting me for anything Rankings related is perfectly acceptable.
How do we fix errors in importing the brackets? I just submitted some results from challonge and only the top 11 imported. I can't delete and resubmit, and I can't manually add the other 20 some players.

Also wondering if this is a common error cause it's happened to me once before but it only cut out 5 people so I let it be.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
How do we fix errors in importing the brackets? I just submitted some results from challonge and only the top 11 imported. I can't delete and resubmit, and I can't manually add the other 20 some players.

Also wondering if this is a common error cause it's happened to me once before but it only cut out 5 people so I let it be.
Seems rankings didn't like "Imperial Fleet Admiral Siegfried Kircheis of the Galactic Empire" having such a long name, going by the error log

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
LOL, ok then, I'll tell my registrants to keep the names shorter. I was able to add everyone manually after an hour or so. thanks for letting me know.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
@ Warchamp7 Warchamp7 With the influx of tournaments lately(3DS hypetrain), it seems mods simply can't keep up. 400 tournaments in the queue and counting is too much. Not to mention the recent tournaments get prioritized, so the bottom 350 tournaments are stuck in a limbo where they never get confirmed

You should also make it more obvious that people should lock their results somehow. Seems people just upload the file and bracket and call it a day

Last edited:

Nintendude

Smash Hero
How do I upload results with top-4 advance bracket pools? It won't let me upload the pools because the brackets technically aren't finished.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Every time I try to upload doubles results, I get an error message telling me that the event is still in progress.(When I'm using TioPRO)

Is there a way to fix this, or should I begin just making doubles brackets as singles brackets and/or use challonge?

BlueJim

Smash Apprentice
I'm attempting to upload full results from a tournament with Pools. There were 53 entrants that filtered into a 24 man bracket. I can only manage to upload the bracket image and the bracket results. How do I add on the Pool results as well?

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Ok so there's something extremely stupid about the system: I cannot delete my own brackets, why?

So get this: I upload an online wii u tournament(challonge), but for some reason it says there's an error when I try to save settings. After that, everything about the tournament is wiped except the page itself. Now, if I could just delete this empty husk of an event, and retry, it wouldn't matter much, but in stead I don't have permission to delete my own bracket, and I still cannot upload the results again because the system still detects the old tournament, making me unable to submit it again.

Also, doubles events from tio still dont work, please fix this soon

@ Warchamp7 Warchamp7

Last edited:

David Galanos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apost1e
So say I win a tournament and I want it on here, but I didn't host it. Am I allowed to just put in the results anyway?

TheBardlyBard

Smash Cadet
I submitted results yesterday but forgot to post a results thread here, it says its in queue but i don't see it, And none of my players have been ranked yet. Im new to this so i dont understand, did i do something wrong?

the0nlykyd

Smash Rookie
In the event that we screw up the results and don't catch it before submitting, is there a way to edit or delete them?

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Two of my brackets have been removed for some reason. I submitted a case to Forum Support. Both of my local Smash 4 tournaments I hosted in my town are not showing up under my own ranking. I am not sure why.

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
Whats the Api key is that my password for challenge I'm trying to submit a bracket..

EDIT: Sorry, I found it, you can delete this post.

Last edited:

PCwizCube

Smash Cadet
One of my friends is logged into smashboards but can't claim a tournament result on a tournament that I can when I'm logged in. Is there a reason why this happens? Do they need a certain minimum amount of smashboards posts or something?

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
One of my friends is logged into smashboards but can't claim a tournament result on a tournament that I can when I'm logged in. Is there a reason why this happens? Do they need a certain minimum amount of smashboards posts or something?
Is this a bracket you have uploaded? If so, did you "lock it" ? If not - can you verify that your friend is logged in? I know of some issues with trying to claim brackets on mobile phone as well. I actually had a guy who was unable to claim any of my brackets and I had him open a support ticket with Smashboards - he had some weird permissions issue on his account they fixed. Just some info!

PCwizCube

Smash Cadet
Is this a bracket you have uploaded? If so, did you "lock it" ? If not - can you verify that your friend is logged in? I know of some issues with trying to claim brackets on mobile phone as well. I actually had a guy who was unable to claim any of my brackets and I had him open a support ticket with Smashboards - he had some weird permissions issue on his account they fixed. Just some info!
Bracket was uploaded by someone else. It has not been locked. The friend was logged in - did it on my computer where my login works (for claiming) but my friend's doesn't (for claiming).

And this is on desktop computer. Should I suggest the support ticket thing?

Last edited:

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Bracket was uploaded by someone else. It has not been locked. The friend was logged in - did it on my computer where my login works (for claiming) but my friend's doesn't (for claiming).

And this is on desktop computer. Should I suggest the support ticket thing?
Yeah. It does not matter much if it's not locked though - so get the uploader to lock it down ASAP and see if it works for him then. It has to be locked before anyone gets any points from brackets anyway, so that needs to happen! If that does not work, I'd open a ticket under Forum Support. Hope this helps!

The Gent

Smash Rookie
NNID
DylanTheGent
3DS FC
0189-9460-1627
Hey new to Smashboards. Just wondering how do I claim results from a tournament I attended? Just trying to figure out my way through the process. Thanks for any help.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Hey new to Smashboards. Just wondering how do I claim results from a tournament I attended? Just trying to figure out my way through the process. Thanks for any help.
Sorry for the late reply. In the bracket you need to claim results for, there would see the word claim in red which can be clicked. When you do, you will be prompted to confirm your claim. Afterwards, the tournament uploader or someone in the Rankings Staff will approve the claim.

Top Bottom