• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using the C-Stick

Sticck

Smash Rookie
Wanted to know when should I use the C-Stick whether its for smash or attacks and when should I use A and B, if there are certain situations would appreciate it if you could list some of them as examples.

Note: I use the Hori Battle Pad for my controller.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Out of the three main choices for the CStick - Smash, Tilt and Special - Tilt is the most popular one, and also seen as the most useful one. AB Smash is very rarely used.
You can watch this video for comparisons between controller schemes:

Sticck

Smash Rookie
Okay, lets say for example I got my C-Stick on tilt, do I use the C Stick for all my attacks or are there times when I should attack with A instead?

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
There's no difference at all between using either method, other than the fact it's easy to flub manually done tilts under pressure. Personally, I use the CStick (set to Tilt) for all of my aerials and Tilts, but I still do Jabs with the A button.

Sticck

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the answers will keep trying and see what fits best for me.

sjb.dario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
greatdario
There are certainly situations where it feels like the a button can be better than a c-stick, and vice versa.

Honestly, it's personal preference. Obviously when you're jabbing, it's usually much better to use the a button. If you set the stick on attack and want to nair, however, some would say that nairing with the a button is better while others would say that using the c-stick is simpler.

It's all about preference and what kind of character you use. I use Palutena and her tilts aren't used as much, so I just set my c-stick to smash attack. That means I always use her tilts with the a button. Also, even when I smash attack, I tend to mostly use the c-stick for it. There are a few moments when I habitually use the a button for it, however.

Just try to experiment with multiple control schemes and use something that fits you the most. I've tried setting c-stick for attack, but it didn't fit me at all. As you get better, you won't really think of this issue that much.

Sticck

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the help guys, I'm new to smash and a lot of people said I would get help here good to see there's a good community.

Top Bottom