• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Project M Falco D-Air Sourspot to Advantage

Green Caffeine UPSB

Smash Rookie
Forgive I am a newb so the title might be paradoxical. I am just wondering whether the sour spot of our hunk's nerfed Dair can be used to extend combos or something like that. Or does the sourspot come out too late to be of use? Or is the move just too unsafe in general to use to extend combos at times where the sourspot is active? i dunno

P.S.~ I have a question, does the sourspot decrease knockback and damage or just damage? TyTy

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Forgive I am a newb so the title might be paradoxical. I am just wondering whether the sour spot of our hunk's nerfed Dair can be used to extend combos or something like that. Or does the sourspot come out too late to be of use? Or is the move just too unsafe in general to use to extend combos at times where the sourspot is active? i dunno

P.S.~ I have a question, does the sourspot decrease knockback and damage or just damage? TyTy
Who is "hunk"?

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Which game? If it is SSB4, then Falco cannot really use his dair's sourspot for much at all, as he suffers too much endlag, and it is weak. The only real use of dair itself in SSB4 is edgeguarding, but it is only really useful in that regard for airdodge reads.

Green Caffeine UPSB

Smash Rookie
Which game? If it is SSB4, then Falco cannot really use his dair's sourspot for much at all, as he suffers too much endlag, and it is weak. The only real use of dair itself in SSB4 is edgeguarding, but it is only really useful in that regard for airdodge reads.
Sorry I'm new to Smash boards but doesn't the character and game category appear in the thread path above the first post? (Home > Forums >Project M > Character Discussion > Falco). Does it not appear for others?

btw its project m falco

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Sorry I'm new to Smash boards but doesn't the character and game category appear in the thread path above the first post? (Home > Forums >Project M > Character Discussion > Falco). Does it not appear for others?

btw its project m falco
I found this thread under "New Threads" at the home page. Here is PM Falco's changes with down air (taken from Smashwiki):

Down aerial's strong initial hit duration was decreased to 4 frames, and the late hit does slightly less damage.

His late hit overall does the same stuff as in Melee (which isn't that much in comparison to sweetspot dair).

Last edited:

Green Caffeine UPSB

Smash Rookie
I found this thread under "New Threads" at the home page. Here is PM Falco's changes with down air (taken from Smashwiki):

Down aerial's strong initial hit duration was decreased to 4 frames, and the late hit does slightly less damage.

His late hit overall does the same stuff as in Melee (which isn't that much in comparison to sweetspot dair).
Thanks for pointing newcomers toward the Wiki, I appreciate that (not being sarcastic; at my home forum this doesn't always happen). Anyway I had read that Wiki description earlier today, but just wanted to confirm whether that Wiki description of the move included nerfed damage and knockback or just nerfed damage (I saw past discussions on the Internet about Falco Dair being extremely nerfed so I thought the move's knockback was nerfed). Are you saying it's damage only?

If it's damage only I presume many (perhaps not all) combos on comboable characters remain somewhat the same/similar.

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Thanks for pointing newcomers toward the Wiki, I appreciate that (not being sarcastic; at my home forum this doesn't always happen). Anyway I had read Wiki description that earlier today, but just wanted to confirm whether that Wiki description of the move included nerfed damage and knockback or just nerfed damage (I saw past discussions on the Internet about Falco Dair being extremely nerfed so I thought the move's knockback was nerfed). Are you saying it's damage only?

If it's damage only I presume many (perhaps not all) combos on comboable characters remain somewhat the same/similar.
The only change in sourspot dair is damage, so not much will change. If stuff is different, it is most likely indirect (thanks to the changes on other fighters).

Last edited:
Top Bottom