• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uses for jump canceled PK fire?

Ness Lee

Smash Rookie
NNID
Helpimkidnapped1
I think I've seen FOW land a jump canceled PK fire immediately after getting a nair. Not sure if that's a true combo but it seemed guaranteed to me. Just wondering if you guys know of any competitive uses for it. I'd like to see videos too.

And I get that it can be a "mixup", but I'm not really interested in just throwing it out in the neutral. I'm looking for moves that string into it or specific situations where it's useful.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
If it's videos of the technique in general you want, see here (don't be confused by the name he uses, it's really a DJC PK Fire).

As for your combo, I have trouble imagining how N-air into DJC PK Fire could possibly work. Being a 21-frame move (not counting jumpsquat and double-jumping frames) that's angled down will make anything hard to link into it, to be fair, and I don't think Ness really has anything in his kit that deals enough hitstun and keeps them close enough for a DJC PK Fire. N-air in particular actually leaves Ness at a frame disadvantage on hit until somewhere around 20-30%. So yeah, it was most definitely a mix-up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom