• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uses for Eruption?

megabbaut

Smash Apprentice
Anyone find any cool tricks with Eruption?

I personally use it to cover ledge options. It's very satisfying when they get up or roll and try to block it, only to have their shield broken. Even more when they're only at about 50% and they die. :)

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Just use it to edgeguard unless you're going for cheeky b reverse and slide tricks

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Edgeguard with it like above poster said. Especially useful if they try to hit the ledge.

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
There are actions that allow Ike to slide across the stage without running, so he can use all his attack options and approach at the same time. For example, Quick Draw in the air at a short hop distance off the ground will allow Ike to land on the ground without landing lag and slide across the stage in a neutral stance. From here you can use most smashes, specials and tilts while moving.

It's a nice Mixup option to catch zoners (by zipping over their projectile) and speedsters (you can use your attacks backwards while sliding forwards, covering your flank) by surprise.

Last edited:

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
My friend in a great Ike and he B-Reverses it to trick them then when they go up for the ledge then you can release it! So i think its a pretty effective edge gaurding tool! :D

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I learned a neat little trick against Olimar.

Did you know that when you have Pikmin latched onto Ike, his Eruption's hitbox frames are extended?

I knocked this Olimar off-stage, and while he's coming back he throws pikmin at me. I don't block the pikmin because I'm charging Eruption already. Olimar attempts to recover, but I let loose my level 2 Eruption and it hits the pikmin first, which extends the move's duration so that Olimar recovers right into my lingering colossal death zone.

Needless to say, he dies off the top. Apparently, the pikmin are secretly Ike's friends.

Last edited:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558

Did you know that when you have Pikmin latched onto Ike, his Eruption's hitbox frames are extended?

I knocked this Olimar off-stage, and while he's coming back he throws pikmin at me. I don't block the pikmin because I'm charging Eruption already. Olimar attempts to recover, but I let loose my level 2 Eruption and it hits the pikmin first, which extends the move's duration so that Olimar recovers right into my lingering colossal death zone.

Needless to say, he dies off the top. Apparently, the pikmin are secretly Ike's friends.
He sure as hell dont fight for them doe xD

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
AFAIK all spiks caused forced get ups until they start on stage spiking. This goes for tipped Eruption too, I've tested it.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
It can be a really devastating edge guard tool if you space and position it right. You can use it in the air to catch people off guard too but smarter players usually don't fall for it lol.

Prepare_Yourself

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-6422-0231
If players are too overzealous with aerials and aren't careful with them, there's not much they can do if they have endlag, so eruption can work really well. Especially if they try to kill with their recovery and miss. Don't try to style on Ike.

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01

The same thing happens (but to a lesser extent) with Villager's balloons.

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
Has anyone noticed a huge difference since the last patch with eruption?

Thing is, I was training edgeguarding with it, and since last patch, I am really much more consistent in catching the opponent at the moment they grab the ledge. I know the active frame have been improved, and now I feel it is much easier to catch people snapping the ledge with it!

Have you noticed the same or is it just my training was efficient? :)

JTPROG

Smash Rookie
Has anyone noticed a huge difference since the last patch with eruption?

Thing is, I was training edgeguarding with it, and since last patch, I am really much more consistent in catching the opponent at the moment they grab the ledge. I know the active frame have been improved, and now I feel it is much easier to catch people snapping the ledge with it!

Have you noticed the same or is it just my training was efficient? :)
Eruption hitbox lingers 2 frames longer, making it easier to hit - cheers

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
It's probably just you getting better at it. The sword hitbox wasn't extended any, which was always the longest lasting part of the move and the main component of the edgeguard, although perhaps having the larger fire hitbox extended makes releasing it just a tad early also register as a hit? Though I don't think it takes anyone two frames to travel the distance between the edge of the flame hitbox and the sword hitbox.

Top Bottom