• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(useless tech) tiny hitbox on the back of link's spin attack

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice

just found this little thing in training mode. its ultimately useless, but i wanted to show it off anyway

Uair

Banned via Warnings
It's the second hitbox, there is two main hitboxes that links attack uses, then there is two smaller ones that are actually projectiles (hens why they extend off from ground), that only appear when you're standing then do upB.

Note: I'm using Glide so the regular hitboxes look solid (gfx glitch)

As you see there is two hitboxes, and when link spins around backwards the second one hits him to stop the first one's knockback. (or it's the projectile hitbox stopping him, not sure) You can also see this in the combo counter since it counts the first hit on the first hitbox, then the 2nd hit on the 2nd hitbox that is spinning (or the projectile hitbox, either one)

Last edited:

Annex

Smash Ace
there is two smaller ones that are actually projectiles (hens why they extend off from ground)
hello? this is something that happens?
are there other attacks that have random "projectiles" in them and how do i find them? and is there a(n) (ab)use for them?
this is so strange 2 me
:218:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
hello? this is something that happens?
are there other attacks that have random "projectiles" in them and how do i find them? and is there a(n) (ab)use for them?
this is so strange 2 me
:218:

This one is obvious because you can visually see the projectile hitboxes on yoshis downb.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
can fox reflect a standing link upb if he, say, drops from the ledge and shines?
It's basically impossible to show, unless maybe I could find the invincibility code and make an activator for it then deactive it the very frame after his regular attack hitbox goes away and the projectile hitbox hits the shine. Even then since the projectile hitbox is right under the upB attack hitbox I don't think its possible.

But all projectile hitboxes do reflect, including links if you could disable his swords hitbox.

Heres proof.

Top Bottom