• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Use of dtilt with doctor mario?

TrashWizard

Smash Cadet
NNID
n1nj4t2
Could doctor marios dtilt be used to reverse stage control due to its knockback launching behind doc? Is there any people that have utilised the move in this way i.e. any examples? Sorry if this is existing information and or is common knowledge, I only recently started using doc.

Chaos0205

Smash Cadet
I try not to rely on dtilt too often, but it can be very good sometimes. I like to sometimes throw it out near the edge, since it sends at a pretty good angle for edge guards. Just don't use it too often, as its a pretty laggy move that's easy to punish if you whiff.

TrashWizard

Smash Cadet
NNID
n1nj4t2
I try not to rely on dtilt too often, but it can be very good sometimes. I like to sometimes throw it out near the edge, since it sends at a pretty good angle for edge guards. Just don't use it too often, as its a pretty laggy move that's easy to punish if you whiff.
Yeah, I looked further into the framedata of docs dtilt after making the thread and sorta realised that the only way one is really gonna get good use out of it is by using it out of a crouch cancel, even then there are better options usually.

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
I found two really good uses for d.tilt. 1 WL off of ledge onto stage > d.tilt, it will send the opponent off of the stage and set you up easily for an edgeguard (only works if the opponent is at a high percent). 2 saving your teammate when they are Up+Bing back onto the stage in teams and are getting edgeguarded/edgehogged it will shoot them to the middle of the stage (depending on percent).

Yoyoinator

Smash Rookie
Someone l know in my scene uses it to stage-spike people on ledge with it since it knocks people into the stage, but this is very situational and can only really be used against people who hold ledge for too long/don't know ledge invincibility times, and even then they might be able to recover from/tech it.

Top Bottom