• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Use for extended dash dancing ?

ReroRero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blackquill
Hi, I'm practicing a bit for a tournament tomorrow and I start to master the extended dash dancing and I wonder if it could be useful to Ike. Personally I think it can be useful to let the opponent drop their shield and then dash attack to them but I don't know if it can really worked. Any ideas ? Thanks

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I didn't even know you could extend dash dance with Ike. It's really hard for me to do it.

LieSander

Smash Rookie
Just like with any character, extended dash dancing's greatest benefits lie in its ability to play spacing mindgames without leaving the ground. For example, if you predict bowser will drop kick you with f smash, you can dash out of its range, and then quickly dash back in for a punish. Along the same lines, it can be generally used to bait a reaction from your opponent, which you can then punish by doubling back.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Ike's dash trot is good but compared to say Cloud's DD it's not as effective because of how much slower Ike moves.

It's nice to have though.

Top Bottom