• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uptilt techchase setup-seems kinda broken

DrDank44

Smash Rookie
Hello there friends and welcome back to- memoirs of a Luigi main. This time i will be covering the uptilt setup. I've talked about in previous posts. This one is pretty good I feel, and could be used quite effectively.

This time tested on dark Samus, it works from 60% to basically any other. How large the percent range is is shearly dependant on fall speed. If they are floaty then at later percents they could quite easily do a fade back aerial; however floaty characters are sent behind Luigi- any character floatier than Samus. Of course at later percents all characters will be sent behind him, but thats besides the point. People playing floaties can get confused if they are sent behind, making this rather useful. To perform this setup, uptilt then shield immediately. At the earlier percents if they aerial it's a guaranteed up b OOS. If they land this is where the techchase setup comes in. Most of the time stupif players will aerial but if they dont you can techchase. Techchase out could be a grab, tech neutral or in could be an up B. If they dont tech thats a jablock upb

Thanks for reading once again, and make sure to try these out yourself. Bye!

prince-banane

Smash Rookie
I'll try but it's difficult for me to understand all the things you said. It would be useful if you record it somehow.

Top Bottom