• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Great job sharky, but if I could make 3 improvements:

1. blow it up. if you could like crop the portions that are not new york (leave some of the non NYS portions in tho) you could make the map way bigger, and thus more accurate.

2. remove that star between syracuse and utica, junk is madd mindgamey and confusing.

3. make the key seperate from the map. I would like to see at least a small portion of PA on the map, so that in the chance that some PA want to travel up here, we can get a general idea of where they are.

also, LOL @ silverspawn being on the key. I thought scotts tag was Stomps. not a big deal tho. also, throw ZOMGrob on the buffalo section of the key if possible.

if you can do those 3 important things, Ill put this map up on the OP

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
we dont need every single player on the list on the map, only a few people from each city/area to show where smashers are.

Sharky

Smash Master
goggles needs to talk to cura, then he should be able to update the post. Cura's been out all day tho getting stuff for thanksgiving.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I live in the same place as san (Cornell). I don't play Smash very much anymore but I'm still always willing to play if someone stops by.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
We should change the title of this thread to the Upstate New York Power Rankings thread so NYC doesnt get their panties in a bunch.

Hello again, New York State. I would just like to inform you all of a tournament I'm hosting this weekend in Cumberland Rhode Island named U.M.A.D. We have all of New England's top players coming over, and Ally is making his way down here from Montreal as well. We also are expecting new players from around NE and potentially some people from other areas in Atlantic North.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255252
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7938

We'll be waiting. :3

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how CBC is listed amongst the honorable?

Edit:
I kind of want to see NYC kids bring some drama in here. What fun is the internet without a little drama?
And due to a technicality, CBC and I are NYC players that have more accessibility to the upstate tournaments.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Hello again, New York State. I would just like to inform you all of a tournament I'm hosting this weekend in Cumberland Rhode Island named U.M.A.D. We have all of New England's top players coming over, and Ally is making his way down here from Montreal as well. We also are expecting new players from around NE and potentially some people from other areas in Atlantic North.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255252
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7938

We'll be waiting. :3
Oh cool lets go to this!
jkjklolroflcopter

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Since I was informed that this is a newer version of the Upstate-Finder Thread (Thanks da K.I.D :p), I'll just copy and paste my old post. This kind of looks more brawl than anything else though z__z

Wow, I've been dying out here at Skidmore with only one other Melee player to play with. Really relieving to see more upstate NY activity.

Tag: Tuna
Game: Melee Only
AIM: Charlemagne1881

I don't have a car, but I'm pretty sure I could get to Troy or something by bus. I'll be abroad next semester, and I'm not really sure how much time everyone has to play before the end of this semester. Either way, get at me on AIM or through the boards -- would love to play everyone.

PS: The only smash videos I have recorded are of my Pichu, so if you want to check that out, feel free: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=256975

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Dont watch the vids of his pichu if you have weak stomachs or are alergic to ****.

his pichu is kinda redix, not even joking.

also, are you coming to my tourney?

also, this is all smash for the whole state, the brawl people are just more vocal.

Saratoga springs? isnt that where alterian is from?
sharky, throw this ***** on the map homie.

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, I'm busy this weekend, so I can't come up for the tourney :( It's sad that I only found this thread towards the end of the year, and since I'm going abroad next semester, I probably won't be able to play with you guys until sometime next year ~_~

And yes, if Alterian is the one located at Ballston Spa / Saratoga

--The site of the tourney also seems to be a couple hours away, so I'm not sure if I could go even if I were free. Unless Alterian has a car and would have been willing to give me a lift :p

Anyways, I look forward to playing with you guys at some point

Top Bottom