• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I'm trying to setup a Smash Club here at Binghamton. If it is successful, we may be able to get tournaments and make y'all drive down here.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
I'm at SUNY, but I dont really have anything of a setup, nor that much free time due to the fact that I should be getting a job real soon. However, I would not mind getting together every now and then to play. Especially the weekend before the tourney, I think we should definitely get together. Where do you live? I get to take the 90 to Troy for free, so we could definitely meet up some weekends.
If you ever want to come up to RPI, we have a Smash Club that meets 6pm -12am on Fridays on the 3rd floor of the student union, room 3602, Brawl and Melee. You can show up whenever between those times. It would be nice to have more people that treat the game competitively.
^ This.

The 90? We'd have to meet at RPI anyways. I live near Hudson Valley Community College.

Edit: I can bus up to SUNY. I'm only 17, so I don't think my mom would be too thrilled about a college kid coming into my house, anyways. :p

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Eh, that's the thing, I dont have anywhere to play here. I'm down to go to those RPI meetings, it sounds cool. I think I'll go this week maybe. What is the average turnout for the club? Oh, and the 90 is the bus

Edit: lol, good catch, sharky... i dont think Ill be able to make any RIT smash club meetings any time soon haha

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Eh, that's the thing, I dont have anywhere to play here. I'm down to go to those RIT meetings, it sounds cool. I think I'll go this week maybe. What is the average turnout for the club? Oh, and the 90 is the bus
Yeah, I know. I'm saying the 90 goes to RPI, so we'd have to meet there. If you go this week, I'll be the kid in a lot of purple, so look for me first.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if you want to play brawl, the only people who play around here, are myself, pikapika, san on certain weekends and a few kids at the local college, when you get here just pm me and ill give you my info and everything you need to meet up with us shippo.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to setup a Smash Club here at Binghamton. If it is successful, we may be able to get tournaments and make y'all drive down here.
If you put a tournament together I'd definitely be down. My brother goes to Binghamton, so I could give him a visit at the same time.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Yeah, I know. I'm saying the 90 goes to RPI, so we'd have to meet there. If you go this week, I'll be the kid in a lot of purple, so look for me first.
Yeah, ill post here if I decide to go, I still have to see what Im doing on Friday. But if I do, I'll definitely look for ya. What is the state of setups over there? Should I bring my wii if I do go?

altairian

Smash Lord
If you ever want to come up to RPI, we have a Smash Club that meets 6pm -12am on Fridays on the 3rd floor of the student union, room 3602, Brawl and Melee. You can show up whenever between those times. It would be nice to have more people that treat the game competitively.
:O

I may need to hit this up sometime as well. Too bad I'm working this friday, but if it's open to anyone to come play then I'll definitely stop by when I get the chance.

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Lemme know when you go Alt, I might hitch a ride with you :p Depending on if Mr. Kwan and Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnndaaaa are free to play at that same time.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
If you put a tournament together I'd definitely be down. My brother goes to Binghamton, so I could give him a visit at the same time.
Bring me.

Yeah, ill post here if I decide to go, I still have to see what Im doing on Friday. But if I do, I'll definitely look for ya. What is the state of setups over there? Should I bring my wii if I do go?
You should, but you might not need it. I know when I bring my wii, I have competitive singles going on, cause' I know a lot of people play Brawl + and -, which I'm not interested in at all.

:O

I may need to hit this up sometime as well. Too bad I'm working this friday, but if it's open to anyone to come play then I'll definitely stop by when I get the chance.
It is. And cool. c:

Lemme know when you go Alt, I might hitch a ride with you :p Depending on if Mr. Kwan and Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnndaaaa are free to play at that same time.
I know Kwan goes every week.

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
Steffon if you want to have an event a little smashfest like we did at the old apartment would be good. The good old days of mini tournie seeing friends and sleeping in weird places etc

I miss that

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I might start to play melee more for fun. I really like using jiggs in both melee and brawl lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
But I see the OP has NOT been updated to show that I am a better player than james and jason. and that nick (smm1) is better than tgs

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Thats because your not a better player than james G or jason. Will be updated when i see it happen.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Thats because your not a better player than james G or jason. Will be updated when i see it happen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFEFPOrAYIE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMGG6OTP6LE
UPDATE PLOX!!
lawl

im jus sayin... I aint lose to xzax tho...

and its not like like I beat james with a character I had been playing for 2 days, AND beat a person twice, that he lost to... twice.

and its not like I just beat jason in tourney or anything.

your right, I suck.

as a matter of fact, since I suck so bad, AND since im not even a part of this region, you might as well take me off the PR, I dont need to be a part of this biased as hell nonsence.

last but not least. supermarioman beat sharky and tgs, outplaced both of them at the tourneys he attended, and should thus be ahead of both of them on the PR.

Sharky

Smash Master
the only correction I have to make in the above statement is that smm1 only beat tgs in friendlies. Otherwise, I do have to agree with him in that he should be moved up in the rankings, if not now then at the next update. Cura needs to let go of his bias (ranking-wise) against goggles, cause it's causing a lot of uncalled for drama in the region.

CJT: do work!

edit: I really shouldn't be on this anymore lol

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFEFPOrAYIE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMGG6OTP6LE
UPDATE PLOX!!
lawl

im jus sayin... I aint lose to xzax tho...

and its not like like I beat james with a character I had been playing for 2 days, AND beat a person twice, that he lost to... twice.

and its not like I just beat jason in tourney or anything.

your right, I suck.

as a matter of fact, since I suck so bad, AND since im not even a part of this region, you might as well take me off the PR, I dont need to be a part of this biased as hell nonsence.

last but not least. supermarioman beat sharky and tgs, outplaced both of them at the tourneys he attended, and should thus be ahead of both of them on the PR.
you may not have lost to xzax but you didnt beat him either and james g did a lot better versus KT than you did. this is the first time youve beaten jason in tourney i think. jasons gone positive over you in money matches and in tournament. you may have won this time against jason in tourney but it was against his mk which holds no significance cause his mk sucks. as far as you and james g goes you and him are pretty much even in tourney sets and money matches.

ill take you off the pr when you stop entering our tournaments and stop living in the area

Cura needs to let go of his bias (ranking-wise) against goggles, cause it's causing a lot of uncalled for drama in the region.
im not being biased im doing typical trash talk. if he can call james g and jason bad i can call him bad.

stop suckin on goggles nut

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I would never call jason bad, I practice with the guy twice a week. and I actually take offence to you saying that his mk is bad. since playing with me is how he got his mk to the level it is now anyway.

id would go on further with this but ill just say I am better than both of them NOW, and that you arent worth my time to continue with this, and you are going to take me off this PR, NOW.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I would never call jason bad, I practice with the guy twice a week. and I actually take offence to you saying that his mk is bad. since playing with me is how he got his mk to the level it is now anyway.
that explains a lot c:

id would go on further with this but ill just say I am better than both of them NOW, and that you arent worth my time to continue with this, and you are going to take me off this PR, NOW.
nope

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
This trash talk really needs to stop. I'm seeing more insults than support for others, which is sad. This region is falling. I'm not pointing any fingers, but all this "trash talk" is unnessacary and degrading our region. It's a shame.

We shouldn't worry about a pr update until it's time and one's actually updated. I do think that Goggles should move back above JamesG, but not quite Tiger. But that's just IMO and PR updates can wait.

Top Bottom