• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
You guys saw a deer? we litterally saw 1 cross the street on the way to taco bell

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Good news, I'm making mad upsets online and I'll try to transfer that shiz over here. I'm progressing really well.

Bad news, L-Don's quitting brawl. Not sure if he's gonna stick to quitting brawl, but he's definately not in a competitive motion as of now.

Ugggh I want this year to end already. D:

tacoreaper

Smash Cadet
One time, I went to Syracuse to participate in a Super Smash Bros. tournament. It was 2 days ago. I beat everyone there. Especially Gaia_x. Everyone from Syracuse cried. It was awesome. The end.

EDIT: Also, Troy > Syracuse

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Who would ever want to shield near the ledge against me? Haha
I'm pretty sure lots of people do, but it's for an entirely different reason that still only happens once in a blue moon, and also doesn't involve you being on the ledge, but rather on the stage by the ledge.

nairpush

Curlz

Smash Lord
So I'm back from MLG Dallas.... Why didn't I see Kid Goggles there? LA misses you!

I ran into ReptarBars in Dallas. He says he's new to the NY scene, so treat him right! :D

Curlz out!

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
I'm really dedicated to the game now. I have decided that I am going to **** you all with space animals, and I am now finally putting in the time required to execute my options, as well as growing mentally as a player. Fear my combos, and my unrelenting gay play style.

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
This had better mean the end of tournament ragequitting. Weakest **** I've ever heard.
Well, I was upset about the way I was playing in teams. I did play my first match, which was against Flaw, and won anyways. But I realized that I really could not perform the way I wanted so I decided to remove myself from the tournament and let Flaw advance. If I had played I would have just disappointed in myself and taken much less from the experience. Instead I chose to walk away and take it as a reality check to step my game up and work technical inconsistencies out. I still went on to have to some good friendlies throughout the day, and managed to turn my negative mood around and enjoyed myself there.

Weak ****? Maybe.

Necessary? Possibly.

Never Happening Again? You can count on it.

You getting ***** next tournament? Priceless.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Never Happening Again? You can count on it.
That's all I need to know. Can't have the guy who always beats me showing any weakness after all.

Also I'm pretty much retired from the amount of tournaments I plan on showing up to.... Probabaly won't be seeing any of y'all until ........

.... forever :(

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
That's all I need to know. Can't have the guy who always beats me showing any weakness after all.

Also I'm pretty much retired from the amount of tournaments I plan on showing up to.... Probabaly won't be seeing any of y'all until ........

.... forever :(
Now that is weak ****. But everyone has their reasons. I am going to see about putting together biweeklies again. Strong communities are characterized by the massive amount of events they hold, and as a community I feel like we are really lacking lately. As much as I love the players for the brawl community, my primary focus remains on taking care of melee first. I will try to get in touch with the local TO's, as well as organize events myself, because I want us to have two-three events every month locally. Maybe two in Rochester, one in Syracuse, and leaving one weekend available for holidays and large national events.

We need to step up as a community if we want to be the best, and that means holding more events to encourage players to participate and grow together.

huMps

Smash Ace
Love that post Vicious. I hope your serious and follow through. I really want to play some melee at the apartment this friday. I've been playing marth exclusively for the last couple weeks, trying to make him legit. Rochester melee let me know whats up this weekend.

a nub

Smash Ace
hmm I think I can play at egs and smash club this week, but over the weekend I've got projects and studying to take care of for the end of the quarter. Anyone wanna play next wednesday night if there's no egs cuz of finals week? Need that rom practice

Oh and I'm definitely down for more tournies. Gotta see if I can make up for my performance at axs

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Are you good? Cause' I need a player that lives around Albany/Troy to get@.

You should contact me or something, cause' I can prolly bus up to where you live.
I'm at SUNY, but I dont really have anything of a setup, nor that much free time due to the fact that I should be getting a job real soon. However, I would not mind getting together every now and then to play. Especially the weekend before the tourney, I think we should definitely get together. Where do you live? I get to take the 90 to Troy for free, so we could definitely meet up some weekends.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I'm at SUNY, but I dont really have anything of a setup, nor that much free time due to the fact that I should be getting a job real soon. However, I would not mind getting together every now and then to play. Especially the weekend before the tourney, I think we should definitely get together. Where do you live? I get to take the 90 to Troy for free, so we could definitely meet up some weekends.
If you ever want to come up to RPI, we have a Smash Club that meets 6pm -12am on Fridays on the 3rd floor of the student union, room 3602, Brawl and Melee. You can show up whenever between those times. It would be nice to have more people that treat the game competitively.

Top Bottom