• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
How come you Syracuse guys never show us to these places.

I only split once to Neil at SS3 because I was playing and feeling like crap + I came from losers. I don't really like to split.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I split every chance i get, with almost anyone if they ask. even if its someone i know i can beat. Singles is just gay and boring.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
did someone say dinosaur BBQ?

cus that particular restaurant is in both rochester and syracuse. its not really exclusive to each city...

also, neil usually takes people to tullys after every tournament in rochester, its not our fault you never came with.

Sharky

Smash Master
did someone say dinosaur BBQ?

cus that particular restaurant is in both rochester and syracuse. its not really exclusive to each city...

also, neil usually takes people to tullys after every tournament in rochester, its not our fault you never came with.
the original establishment is located in syracuse.

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
lol. i split with neil at the last tourney even tho we played the set out seriously.
I actually should have rephrased, I don't mind this as much. I've just heard stories of big tournaments where the last game wasn't played because of a pot split. That's where it's gay.

However if two people want to split the pot after it's been played out then it's no biggie, people can do what they want with their money.

I wouldn't personally ever split though, it's a tournament, you're there to play your best and deal with the consequences of entering and playing out said tournament (not to say that the consequences are big).

It just seems to take away from the tournament itself.

Edit: Also, The Game

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Idk if i split and play out the finals still, I still wouldn't try as hard because i really dont have nothing to lose.

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
Idk if i split and play out the finals still, I still wouldn't try as hard because i really dont have nothing to lose.
Good Point

However if two people want to split the pot after it's been played out then it's no biggie, people can do what they want with their money.
I retract this statement and go back to my previous "splitting is gay" mindset.

Top Bottom