• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uPick Mafia Ultimate ⭐ Game over! Did the game contain more than a single legal character by the end of its life cycle? Or is it no items, Hades only?

Will you be playing Smash Ultimate instead of this game?

• Yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The only game I play is Mafia

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
In hindsight, you are probably going to say Shish. So, I want you to sell me on him.
I can still do that, if you want, but I want to be really clear on this. I don't think I have better cases on, say GLG than Opo. I think the evidence actively points to Opo being Town, and as such, basically any null read is a better lynch, not to mention scumreads.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
For one, I think that Pokechu is definitely town. Skipping two for now. Third, and this might actually be a shock, but I am actually kind of interested in investigating Dooplissity; he has had the most conviction to lynch anyone in comparison to anybody else. That is also one of the main reasons I want to hear him talk more about Shish; I have seen Doop's posts concerning Shish, and he, as he said, is very adamant. He also has not really made any enemies with anyone. Like, at all. I know I was talking about Vult agreeing with everybody, but Doop has just been very respectful of everybody, whilst set in stone on his own cause, and everybody else accepts that as well.

I still love you Doop, just want to know more about you.

Now, answer to two is coming in the next post, just getting this one out for now.
Utopian is a good dude. 10/10

I like the Doop cop check choice tbh.

Just don't turn around and say I'm scum or I'll be a sad panda.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Than Maven? Literally anyone else alive. He's by far my strongest townread.
Than Opo? GLG, Shish, FE, You, BarDull at minimum, but there's probably more names I could put in there.
I'm tired so maybe I'm missing something, but why Maven? Is Opo predominantly gut?

Bed time.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
So BarDulL BarDulL , as fellow geese, I also would like to get your input on this as well.

1. Out of all of the players, who do you think should NOT be lynched?
2. Who is your most probable lynch nominee at the moment?
3. What consequences do you foresee happening if that person ends up being town but is lynched according to your plan?

Two and three are just me evaluating cause + effects of lynching

Two delayed to the next post so that BarDulL BarDulL can read this

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm tired so maybe I'm missing something, but why Maven? Is Opo predominantly gut?

Bed time.
Moy hard pushed Maven, which I think makes little sense as an unknown traitor (likely to get you NKed) and Maven was very nearly our lynch.
Opo was also on Moy's hitlist, along with "lurkers" in general.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I won't call you scum BarDulL BarDulL if you vote shish with me

I won't call you dark fire either

BarDulL

Town Vampire
So BarDulL BarDulL , as fellow geese, I also would like to get your input on this as well.

1. Out of all of the players, who do you think should NOT be lynched?
2. Who is your most probable lynch nominee at the moment?
3. What consequences do you foresee happening if that person ends up being town but is lynched according to your plan?

Two and three are just me evaluating cause + effects of lynching

Two delayed to the next post so that
BarDulL BarDulL can read this
Alright, one more before the nether.

Players aside from myself include probably Pokechu as well. I’d be sad if Pokechu was secretly an evil goose. But since I don’t want to copy you, I’ll say you, I have a fair lean on JTB.

100% nominee is between Shish and Kary.

Moy hard pushed Maven, which I think makes little sense as an unknown traitor (likely to get you NKed) and Maven was very nearly our lynch.
Opo was also on Moy's hitlist, along with "lurkers" in general.
In that case, and I forget, are you feeling Kary or Shish as the ally? Is Kary a likelihood, or do I have it all wrong?

Contextually and strictly meta, I feel like Shish/Moy tend to vibe in general, but I see the arguments for Shish (his defense of JTB’s slot in early game is just...urghhhh). I generally like Opo’s tone while Shish seems to be gunning for the marsupial.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Okay, so the second bit of what Bardull was asking. Now; Moy is now gone, so that means that Mafiadude #1 has been eliminated, which leaves x mafia left in the game. Cutting paragraph here, new below.

I am unaware of how many mafia members there usually are in rounds of DGames such as these, so for this instance, I will assume there is two mafia members this game. I also do not know how many additional threats to the town besides mafia members, so for this instance, I will say that there is one. That seems realistic, probably not more than that though. I don't even know if there are, and if they aren't, then honing down the one person of the twelve will be rather difficult. Therefore, I will go with 2/12 people are going to be a threat based on this logic. Looking back, my eyes have been opened to the amount of pro-lurker-lynch propaganda spread by Moydow on D1 now that I was actively search for it, so I will withdraw my Maven/Opo lynch. I'm now looking at Shish for myself to lynch, however I still would love to hear from Doop about why it is necessary. I don't have that many great ideas besides Shish at this point.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hmm...Looking back at Day One, Shish's response to the Moydow wagon, at first, was a seemingly more passive "I don't like this" type of thing, and only went full "y'all better not **** up" after it was already set in stone. To me, that seems decently odd. He had some real hang ups about inactivity earlier when voting for me, claiming I only said anything "because he prompted me" or something similar. So there's a sort of inflated self-view of personal sway...but yet he really didn't strongly sway folks away from the Moydow bandwagon, only offering blanket disapproval.

Maybe it's just late, but does that seem oddly inconsistent with anyone? Like, being so gung-ho on a specific lynch only to not really fight for it when crunch time sways another way, despite usually doing so? Maybe I'm just seeing something that isn't there, but who knows?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Scum doesn't know who traitor is, so that point is moot

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
.llet dna wohs t'nsi siht sdaer nwot gnirahs ew era yhw
Sold, do you have any current thoughts on the people that have been focusing on set up speculation/posting restrictions/etc as opposed to playing the game? Does anyone in particular stand out as coasting off fake content or has it all been irrelevant?
won thgir erehwyna su teg yllaer t'nseod ti diarfa m'i os ,enim fo sdaermucs era noitseuq siht ot srewsna ym fo enoN
Quick review of everything shows people are less concerned about scum hunting and more about trying to speculate on roles/set up. Is this a newbie uPick or has dGames lost it's edge?
seY

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
yrak :etov erehwon seog taht noitcartsid tnavelerri na ekil sleef tsuj ti emityreve ylknarf dna )tbuod dna ytniatrecnu raef( DUF gnidaerps ta evitceffe yrev neeb sah yraK

.hsup detartnecnoc erom a ekam ot gnilliw eb dluow dna raf os yalp rieht fo naf a ton ,renmelbme erif yas yllautca lliw I ralucitrap ni eno sisylana pu-tes dna noitubirtnoc tuoba noitseuq ruoy ot esnopser ni btj

EF ekil sreyalp niatrecnu emos d'OSI dna daer-er a did i ko

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, so the second bit of what Bardull was asking. Now; Moy is now gone, so that means that Mafiadude #1 has been eliminated, which leaves x mafia left in the game. Cutting paragraph here, new below.

I am unaware of how many mafia members there usually are in rounds of DGames such as these, so for this instance, I will assume there is two mafia members this game. I also do not know how many additional threats to the town besides mafia members, so for this instance, I will say that there is one. That seems realistic, probably not more than that though. I don't even know if there are, and if they aren't, then honing down the one person of the twelve will be rather difficult. Therefore, I will go with 2/12 people are going to be a threat based on this logic. Looking back, my eyes have been opened to the amount of pro-lurker-lynch propaganda spread by Moydow on D1 now that I was actively search for it, so I will withdraw my Maven/Opo lynch. I'm now looking at Shish for myself to lynch, however I still would love to hear from Doop about why it is necessary. I don't have that many great ideas besides Shish at this point.
There are probably two more. 10/4 is a brutal split unless the town is super OP, and 12/2 with a traitor is really rough for the mafia

Alright, one more before the nether.

Players aside from myself include probably Pokechu as well. I’d be sad if Pokechu was secretly an evil goose. But since I don’t want to copy you, I’ll say you, I have a fair lean on JTB.

100% nominee is between Shish and Kary.

In that case, and I forget, are you feeling Kary or Shish as the ally? Is Kary a likelihood, or do I have it all wrong?

Contextually and strictly meta, I feel like Shish/Moy tend to vibe in general, but I see the arguments for Shish (his defense of JTB’s slot in early game is just...urghhhh). I generally like Opo’s tone while Shish seems to be gunning for the marsupial.
I mean, I've been pushing Shish all day, so... (i'll probably make a more formal case tomorrow)
Kary was mildly defended. I can see the scumpair as possible, but the defense was weak enough and mostly by proxy (moy was backing kary up on shish being town) that I'm not really sold on it.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Why is bardull more important than looking at moydows actions d1 when they knew the scum team?
Looking at Moydow's actions is a good line of questioning. Doops' questions towards Shish feel like exactly what needs to be done in that area. Perhaps I too should be voting Shish in order to generate pressure in that direction. But from what I read of Moydow, I didn't think their posts are a golden ticket to the scum team. So I am trying to pursue other leads, that I think are important. Does town have to focus on one thing only at the start of the Day?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Before anyone gives thoughts on it, I want Kary to give theirs, since it was their reaction test.
Prepared to give Poyzin a town-pass at least until end-game. Really strikes me that they're working on their own initiative and just a bit out of their depth with forum mafia. I did think that 'actually I was talking to a friend' story was a bit far-fetched, but on consideration along with their other posts I think it's just a long-winded explanation, and not an attempt to persuade or deflect attention.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Prepared to give Poyzin a town-pass at least until end-game. Really strikes me that they're working on their own initiative and just a bit out of their depth with forum mafia. I did think that 'actually I was talking to a friend' story was a bit far-fetched, but on consideration along with their other posts I think it's just a long-winded explanation, and not an attempt to persuade or deflect attention.
I actually have one reservation to this, which is that the town reaction I expected to my gambit was to say 'well you done goofed, idiot. What Poyzin posted was instead more like 'that's not fair'. However my expectation was probably unreasonable, and I think their reaction is consistent with them being town.

Maven89

Smash Master
i got hit with a surprise bed bug job yesterday so I got in late, I started to right up my wall but when rereading I started to have doubts on my main scum read (Shishoe), which added more time. It’s about half wittten, I’ll be able to post it today

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Bardull's takeaway from my push on Pozyin is laughably bad. It's just... there's no explanation of WHY Bardull comes to the reads that he does.

I am fully prepared to admit that I am tunneling BarDulL BarDulL , but his vote on me seems to be pure OMGUS.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
i got hit with a surprise bed bug job yesterday so I got in late, I started to right up my wall but when rereading I started to have doubts on my main scum read (Shishoe), which added more time. It’s about half wittten, I’ll be able to post it today
Post what you have now.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Than Maven? Literally anyone else alive. He's by far my strongest townread.
With respect, I don't understand how someone who has posted roughly twice can be your top town read.
And I don't understand how Moydow voting Maven, then 5 minutes later unvoting him, can be construed as a 'hard push'.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Bardull's takeaway from my push on Pozyin is laughably bad. It's just... there's no explanation of WHY Bardull comes to the reads that he does.

I am fully prepared to admit that I am tunneling BarDulL BarDulL , but his vote on me seems to be pure OMGUS.
What’s not to get? You’ve had this weird tunnel on me since RVS, lol. You thought I was scum from a single vote that was followed up by a joke post, and your head has not been in the right place; your first instinct was to try to get a wagon going on me instead of checking out any leads left by Moy. Why didn’t you gambit a result or a day-vig shot instead of a delayed poison shot? I mean, the result you got was empty.

The explanation is clear and implied. No offense intended.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
There are probably two more. 10/4 is a brutal split unless the town is super OP, and 12/2 with a traitor is really rough for the mafia

I mean, I've been pushing Shish all day, so... (i'll probably make a more formal case tomorrow)
Kary was mildly defended. I can see the scumpair as possible, but the defense was weak enough and mostly by proxy (moy was backing kary up on shish being town) that I'm not really sold on it.
Interesting post. Will poke at it when I get home.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
ok i did a re-read and ISO'd some uncertain players like FE

jtb in response to your question about contribution and set-up analysis one in particular I will actually say fire emblemner, not a fan of their play so far and would be willing to make a more concentrated push.

Kary has been very effective at spreading FUD (fear uncertainty and doubt) and frankly everytime it just feels like an irrelevant distraction that goes nowhere vote: kary
This is simply incorrect. Because so many players are dragging their heels in this game, I feel obliged to push in a lot of directions and try and get things moving. You would need to go one step further and explain why, if I was scum, I would be trying to distract and confuse- when by comparison I could be doing nothing, or sheeping on the Shish waggon, for instance. But I really don't want to waste time on this.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
yrak :etov erehwon seog taht noitcartsid tnavelerri na ekil sleef tsuj ti emityreve ylknarf dna )tbuod dna ytniatrecnu raef( DUF gnidaerps ta evitceffe yrev neeb sah yraK

.hsup detartnecnoc erom a ekam ot gnilliw eb dluow dna raf os yalp rieht fo naf a ton ,renmelbme erif yas yllautca lliw I ralucitrap ni eno sisylana pu-tes dna noitubirtnoc tuoba noitseuq ruoy ot esnopser ni btj

EF ekil sreyalp niatrecnu emos d'OSI dna daer-er a did i ko
Curious to see if this vote counts

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe request vote count

And by home, I mean I’m heading off to work, so I’ll be back later.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
What’s not to get? You’ve had this weird tunnel on me since RVS, lol. You thought I was scum from a single vote that was followed up by a joke post, and your head has not been in the right place; your first instinct was to try to get a wagon going on me instead of checking out any leads left by Moy. Why didn’t you gambit a result or a day-vig shot instead of a delayed poison shot? I mean, the result you got was empty.

The explanation is clear and implied. No offense intended.
So, you admit that it is just OMGUS ?

I can think of at least three players of the top of my head who are notorious for tunneling as town.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
BarDulL BarDulL

I have already mentioned that I think you are more likely to RVS vote me as scum.
Am I lying about that, simply to justify my read and push on you?
Or is it more likely that I am simply an idiot who thinks he can soul-read someone off of one post?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I won't be around much tomorrow, but I'm pretty comfortable with the current focus right now without having read every player in this game. I don't know anything about Shish as a player outside of this game, but between him and Kary, I see him as what should be the only lynch that occurs today.
Looking at Moydow's actions is a good line of questioning. Doops' questions towards Shish feel like exactly what needs to be done in that area. Perhaps I too should be voting Shish in order to generate pressure in that direction. But from what I read of Moydow, I didn't think their posts are a golden ticket to the scum team. So I am trying to pursue other leads, that I think are important. Does town have to focus on one thing only at the start of the Day?
I agree that moydow isn't a free pass to their scum team, but shish has been pretty scummy overall. I started working on a post last night showing why, but went to bed instead. I'll get that posted soon, but if you just iso them right now, it should look pretty obvious

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Ebwop: lmao, the post I was working on auto saved and I didn't notice it, but yeah that first paragraph is part of it

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Kary, just because you voted for me first doesn’t make it an OMGUS. Did I call your vote on me an OMGUS on D1 after I voted for you? No. Get that old bag of tricks out of here.

JTB JTB , kinda want you to distinguish why not Kary and why Shish is more important as the potential mate.

Same question above to Doop.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
With respect, I don't understand how someone who has posted roughly twice can be your top town read.
And I don't understand how Moydow voting Maven, then 5 minutes later unvoting him, can be construed as a 'hard push'.
Seconding this, Kary quoted Doop's response to me regarding the exact same issue. All Dooplissity Dooplissity gave in his response was that Maven was his strongest town when asked to give a better target for Maven and Opo. Kary's and my point concerning Moy not pushing for Maven, much less hard-pushing, are still up in the air.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Curious to hear your thoughts. Also to hear Shish's responses, since he hasn't posted in a bit.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Here's my reasons why I think Shish is a good play toDAy. This is essentially an ISO (I skip a few posts that aren't relevant to me) but Shish has barely posted and honestly, the order of posts are pretty telling for me.

Vote: Pokechu
Ah, I see the korean bots have attacked again
That was not what I said though

Vote: Opossum

For misreading my criticisms of the ****ty Brawl theme >:^(
I think I played 8 once, why?
Vote: Kary
Nabe just tricked us into playing his ARG
01001001 00100000 01001001 01101001 00001101 00001010 01001001 01001001 00100000 01001100
Speak English then

Lots of early game posts with absolutely no content to them. Looks like newer scum trying to fit in under the guise of not tripping up. The vote on Kary is not a bad decision at the time but...it was just a vote. No questions or anything. Keeps with the theme I'm presenting here.

After Nabe's own play back in Phantom Mafia, I'm not willing to risk it with supposed posting restrictions. Either Kary is faking it or she's an annoying liability.
I'm not saying she's basing herself off of that though. In fact, I doubt anyone present in that game would be dumb enough to risk a gamble like that after it was used to such an effective result. A surprise attack works only once after all.
That is even assuming she's faking it but as I said I'm not gonna risk the whole game on whether I believe a posting restriction.
How can someone contribute if we can't even understand what they're saying lol
Vote: Opossum

Kary has decided to post normally and I think Marisa is something for us to deal with later. Opo only popped up and dropped a vote on me and I guess that's somewhat OMGUS but he does suck if he thinks the Brawl theme is good :^)

As the tag says, fake scumhunting. Kary posting Korean isn't a liability or a gamble, I was able to use this fantastic thing called right-click translate to see all of Kary's posts without issue (not quick as lucky for sold's posts :urg:). Shish gives off the impression that he is looking to vote players that annoy him rather than are actually looking scummy. The Marisa namedrop in the last quote pretty much says it all.

I'm not opposed to this being a new player trying to figure out how to play the game (and that comes with not knowing many players here) but it still raises my suspicion.

I can't but I can tell you her death will give us nothing and I feel much more comfortable letting her issue be reolved during the Night.
I'm sure we have plenty of Stand users roles that can find out what's up with her.
More support for killing off Marisa. Why was Marisa scummy? Why are you just directing power roles instead of scumhunting?

Nabe's post just makes me even more confused.
I'll say it again, we should try lynching one of the inactives, Opo has even posted on other threads since his initial(and only) posting here which aligns with his usual Scum play of coasting the thread while Town Opo is much more active or, you know, active at all.
Wanting inactives dead isn't a bad thing, but in shish's case, it appears he's looking for all the easy plays and not wanting to step on the toes of any active players. The Opo justification is really bad.

I don't think a Opo lynch is a bad option tbh, if anyone else wants to try to go for it, I'm willing to change my vote.
Non committal, asking for town approval first despite the previous post.

Opo is doing the usual play he does as Mafia tho, he's looking pretty scummy. Like, right now? He disappeared again after popping back in after I called him out for his inactivity.

And yeah, that last one is what I especially don't get. She's clearly not a standard role, I din't know why you're being so protective.
More Opo stuff. Shish is oddly fixated on meta and not anything actually happening in game. Despite his 'read' of Opo, he's not pushing it until town agrees.

I really wish we could do a NK analysis of Vult but I don't wanna dabble in so much wine right now

Vote: Maven

I don't really think we have any better options and if he doesn't show up(like he said he wouod) he might as well be dead.
I mean, if this was any other game, he would be lynched for this alone.

Summary:

- Very afraid of doing anything except calling out people that are inactive. Doesn't want to step on the toes of players that are active (backed off Kary very fast once he was posting in English).
- Talks a lot about an Opo scummeta read that only he apparently knows, but still isn't pushing it unless town agrees (goes with previous point)
- Nearly every single post has been fake content. Seriously! Aside from his Opo posts, I don't see a single post in which he advocates for someone being scum without proper reasoning. His scum reads have been based on them being a liability (Kary/Marisa), his own meta read (Opo), or just not having any reasoning at all (Maven).

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
With regards to Kary vs Shish, it's simply just that Shish has stood out more to me as scum than Kary has. I don't spread myself thin when I'm looking into players and Shish immediately caught me interest upon reading from this day alone, so all of my focus has gone into his slot. Feel free to convince me on Kary instead of Shish today and maybe I'll consider it, but Shish is 100% a slot that I'm not ignoring, even if it means going back to him D3.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
oops im playing too transparent and pro-town again, don't kill me toNight scum, I want to keep playing toMorrow :urg:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Shish, if you want to defend yourself, I want a cold-hard list of your reads on every player in this game with proper reasoning and quotes. Show me you are playing this game and not coasting along as scum.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
oops im playing too transparent and pro-town again, don't kill me toNight scum, I want to keep playing toMorrow :urg:
Wish granted ;)

LOL

Tuning in to say that I really don't like how Kary is at the head of the lynch

I don't see why she is either bit of course maybe I will once I catch up

But I would definitely rather see Shish or Bard get the boot than her

Top Bottom