• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uPick Mafia Ultimate ⭐ Game over! Did the game contain more than a single legal character by the end of its life cycle? Or is it no items, Hades only?

Will you be playing Smash Ultimate instead of this game?

• Yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The only game I play is Mafia

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Gasoline + 2 people ignited tonight.
OHHhhhh, you're right. Things are starting to click into place now; I'm really not that great at this. I never would have linked the burning and the "priming for ignition"

In that case there is one mafia left. I never considered an arsonist, and I was told that there are two remaining players who are threats to the town. I interpreted this as two mafia. That means its one mafia and one arsonist instead.
You are both wrong.

Maven's body was burned. Not just primed, but burned.
This means that even if we have an arsonist, they don't ignite everyone at once, so they are not the typical independent serial killer type role.
My guess is that either JTB has a fire kill, or maybe the mafia can choose between cold and fire for their kill.
Knowing how many people are primed is basically irrelevant information if they only die one at a time.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I suppose that's true. I have proof positive he's lying about his claim, though, and it would be super weird for him to be all "this is my full claim" and then get cagey about details when he's just making **** up.
Yeah but without seeing the proof you have, I don't have the same confidence.
Particularly when it seems to be a small detail of his claim, I can't even be sure that you haven't got it wrong somehow.
But I'm prepared to wait for the time being.

If we lose to maven's YOLO play, shish's antics + fakeclaim, and then opo's fakeclaim, I'm actually pretty OK with it, because I can just throw my hands up. There's just nothing I can do to carry that much weight.
Amen to that.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
If we lose to maven's YOLO play, shish's antics + fakeclaim, and then opo's fakeclaim, I'm actually pretty OK with it, because I can just throw my hands up. There's just nothing I can do to carry that much weight.
I can agree, but...

"Let's all just lynch Opo and if we lose I'll just say it's fine and dandy"

What was your role again Dooplissity Dooplissity ?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I am still waiting on this opinion.
Oh, yep. You're right, let me just get my mind straight.

Pokechu
UtopianPoyzin
Dooms
#HBC | Kary
Dooplissity
Opossum
JTB

Town -> Probs Town -> Suspicious -> Probs Scum

JTB I'm torn on right now. I'm putting him down to lynch right now because I'm sure there is more to the story pertaining to his role in the game, and why he claimed to be an indy without telling how he won. I also think that he is bluffing about his new role (i.e. taking Shish's power and threatening to use it on me), but you can never be sure. Also wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be indy turned town, and I'll look bad as a result. Doop also had apparently caught Opossum in a lie, which makes me newly skeptical about Opo, but also concerned that Doop won't say what the lie is, or how he knows. I'm leaning towards a potential Pokechu/Opo mafia. Pokechu has been disappearing whenever he's been needed, and he has been shrugging off drama the whole game with a few smiley faces here and there. He made cases for Kary and Moy back on D1, but hasn't done much recently when it comes to making claims against players. He was anxious to start the day, but only came in to ask about my inspection powers and dissuade from an Opo lynch, which is why I think that Poke and Opo could possibly be scum-buddies. The day before he said he wanted to look into me and FE, as well as that an FE would be helpful. He also was a part of the Shish wagon that ended up leading into a brick wall, and while I too was a part of it, it didn't look good for anybody involved in the crash. I will give some slack to him, because Opo did really limit the options for the lynch that day. And, Pokechu also had some points against Opo D4, so I'm a bit hesitant on placing Opo in the scum seat. That is why I'm thinking about JTB as well. Opo also was able to control the D3 lynch, which makes me believe that this is more of a town-ability than a mafia one, i.e. placing potential mafia (according to the player) as the sole lynch options. I think that a Pokechu - JTB mafia team is a perfectly reasonable one.

i'm gonna go with "not a load of horse**** like yours was" for $500, Alex.
I don't like this response.

I'm going to stick with JTB for now until he responds to my confession and see if that brings to light any other problems he has with what I've said. Would love a good Doop confession as well.

Then name a player that you would be interested in investigating.
Third, and this might actually be a shock, but I am actually kind of interested in investigating Dooplissity;
Still sticking with this answer to Bard.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't like this response.
lol of course you don't, nobody likes being told to buzz off

but after I said I wasn't going to say anything until Opo revises his claim, and after you've self-admittedly been fakeclaiming, (we have no reason to believe you're not still an indy!) you have absolutely no standing to demand that I claim in more detail, though.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
yeah not gonna lie Poyzin hit the nail on the head

I'm mafia guys lynch me

vote Pokechu joke vote

LOL :joyful:

nawwwww I just really haven't been motivated to play. These holidays back to back have been really frantic and busy for me and it's hard to balance mafia with a heavy schedule IRL

not only that but the more flips I see the more unmotivated I get since SPOILER ALERT Embarrass
I'm a vanilla townie
so at first I was thinking others would be in my boat but it seems like I'm the only one not sitting at the cool kids' table LOL plus I asked for Pluto and my wish to Santa Claus got twisted... I got Pluto yeah the planet not the dog LOL

I'm not 100% vanilla, I'm immune to the cold, I breadcrumbed my being vanilla D1 and my cold immunity last Day, I'll get the quotes out but it still really sucks seeing all of these cool roles (Fire's was lit!!!!) and you're left out of all the fun.

I will concur that I was reading into Doop the last time I was in the thread, before the fire nation New Year's celebrations attacked, I was thinking that with Shish, Fire etc as town when they haven't been the pro-towniest that it might be the more transparent people as scum (scum carrying the game, how ironic) but I don't think my case is strong at all, feel like it's picking hairs at points

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
my being vanilla D1
why are you rolefishing in a uPick where the answer is very likely yes???
Always a possibility someone got screwed over :laugh:

cold immunity last Day
Hummm

I had a few pages to catch up on thank u, Venomoth, next but I can see why Kary has her scumread of Poyzin. I didn't notice it at first but him including cold in that list is sketch as he did say he found it from some other post, but there isn't one? His explanation for that wildly confused me, saying he knew that most wouldn't be aware of it, but that it was also public knowledge.

However, based on how transparent the slot has been, I'm not sure I want to vote there today. It does only take one slip for a scum to be found out, but with all of the known elements in the game Poyzin's immunity to cold I wouldn't label scummy immediately. It's possible that it's just this game's version of bulletproof. Most of my experience has been with role madness games and this is on the lower end of that, but in a lot of the games I've partaken in there have been bulletproof townies. Players being resistant to the cold in this game isn't alarming to me for that reason.

I have to concur with Doops as well that I read his 1049 really genuine (as in he really feared dying). While that could mean he's either alignment, I'll put my chips on him being town. It really does read as "stressed townie trying to live" over "slipped scum making a case" which he would have needed to make independently due to lack of Day communication. I'd find Poyzin strapped in that scenario if he has little experience. How he went about explaining his intentions and actions seemed authentic, and I think if it was scum!Poyzin he would have handwaved much more issues and been flippant about his approaches.

I do agree that Poyzin has said some wacky stuff today
I love this emoji LOL with the gasoline on Maven, again with the confusing explanation of why he mentioned cold, but I don't see it as anything he should be hanged for. I'm much more sketch of Fire who has just coasted along, not saying much and only putting out votes, eagerly hopping on the GLG wagon (yeah, both Shish and GLG flipped town, but would a townie not be more careful on turning the tide of the two most voted lynches to include a whole new wagon?). Today he has put out a vote for Opo and has not returned, putting the vote down because he felt Opo's limiting the lynch pool was scummy, but that is very flimsy. I'm not too fond of Opo, I do think that more could be coming from the slot, but Fire usually contributes way more than he has and the way he has played raises my unibrow LOL just kidding I swear I have eyebrows

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I do have a question though Dooplissity Dooplissity

I think you posted like twice last Day but your last post there (and throughout the game) you said that Opo was a townread for him, I'm assuming you're some sort of a rolecop or something but if I may ask why'd you aim at Opo last night instead of your other suspects? (I think last Day you said your lynch options were me/FE/Poyzin, FE was lynched so just me and Poyzin)

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I do have a question though Dooplissity Dooplissity
I think you posted like twice last Day but your last post there (and throughout the game) you said that Opo was a townread for him, I'm assuming you're some sort of a rolecop or something but if I may ask why'd you aim at Opo last night instead of your other suspects? (I think last Day you said your lynch options were me/FE/Poyzin, FE was lynched so just me and Poyzin)
I can answer this, but only after Opo revises his claim.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
When I said "early enough in the day," I didn't mean a strict time. Instead it's judged based on how many people have already voted. I won't give the threshold since it could be used against me in theory, but that's how it works. It's so I can't just hop on an early lynch wagon for a free bulletproof.
Okay, why are you lying about your claim, then? I'll give you one chance to revise it so it lines up with the information I have. If you don't by the end of the Night, or it doesn't line up with my information, I'll be forced to assume you're Scum.

Answer quickly, since I know you're here. :)

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
but after I said I wasn't going to say anything until Opo revises his claim, and after you've self-admittedly been fakeclaiming, (we have no reason to believe you're not still an indy!) you have absolutely no standing to demand that I claim in more detail, though.
This is a fair conclusion to draw, so I won't ask anything more of you. There isn't really a good way to prove that I'm no longer indy.

I also ask Opossum Opossum to revise his claim.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Opossum Opossum has definitely been around Smashboards today. Also wish that I could speak with JTB JTB

Nothing happened, of course. We blindly go forward. I can not help it. I wish I was lucky.
There isn't much else to do. If we are right then we enter tomorrow 1 threat/4-5 town. If we're wrong, 2 threat 4/5 town. I sure as hell hope we are right about this, and that it isn't just Opossum neglecting us for fun...

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
yeah

no reason to not vote here toDay, he hasn't made a return at all

vote Opo

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Opossum said:
Gotta go with everyone's favorite Nickelodeon-themed superhero from 2003. For the sake of the theme.

You are
Pick Boy, Mafia Hero-Turned-Villain Motivated By Hatred of Walls
There was a time, long ago, when you were running through walls for justice. You broke through the shaving cream, you knocked down those bricks, you popped that bubble wrap... Evil couldn't stand in your way, no matter the masonry material. But your show ended, and the walls continued. People kept building walls in a post-U-Pick world, and you thought to yourself, "What was it all for? Was it worth it to break down a handful of walls, when so many more have been built in their place?" (Just trust me on this one, walls are your chief motivation.)

A few years back, you started attending NFL games as Pick Boy again, and that's when you realized the truth. You watched players tackle into sheer defensive walls, again and again, and sometimes they would fail, but other times they would break through. That made you remember how much breaking walls meant to you. You realized, you don't need a TV show to show the masses that walls are made to be broken. Granted, professional football players have a TV show. But the main thing to take away is perseverance. If you show people that you're still out there, this many years later, breaking down one wall at a time, then you have the power to start a revolution. And that's why you're evil now.

ABILITIES
+ Once per Night, you pick a player to break down any Wall near them.

+ Once per Day, you pick a post with over 200 words in it, not including quotes.
+ The writer of that post's vote will not count during that Day.
+ They will not be directly informed of this by me.
- Because you're a hero, this ability will not function in situations where it would ensure that the mafia wins the game.

+ Once per game, at Night, you pick three players [REDACTED].
+ Those players will be the only possible lynch the next Day.
- Because you're a hero, this ability will not function in situations where it would ensure that the mafia wins the game.

SPECIAL NOTES
+ You are considered a threat to Town for the purposes of their win condition.

+ [REDACTED]
+ [REDACTED]
+ [REDACTED]

+ You know that there is a mafia traitor in the game.
+ The traitor knows who you are.
- You do not know which player is the traitor.

WIN CONDITION
+ You win when the game state is such that nothing can prevent the mafia from winning.

You are
Pick Boy, Town Well-Known Caped Hero Still Relevant in This Current Year

"Gosh, look at this pleasant photo wall. If there's one thing I love, it's walls!"

ABILITIES
+ Once per Day, you pick a player.
+ If your pick gets lynched, you cannot die that Night by traditional means (e.g. gun, fire, poison).

+ Once per game, at Night, you pick three players.
+ Those three players will be the only possible lynch the next Day.

SPECIAL NOTES
- None.

WIN CONDITION
+ You win when all threats to the Town have been completely eliminated.

51% of psychics consulted on the matter assure me that it's Night 5.
Night 5 ends on January 4th at 6 p.m. EST.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm going to a tournament this weekend (Friday - Sunday). While I could check mobile, mobile smashboards isn't nice to me and I can't promise anything.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
This post has been edited to include the following message.

OK, 13

-------------------------------------------------------------

JTB JTB is charred beyond recognition, ish. Nevertheless, you detect something on his face... a smile?

Please sneak me in as a player, but I have a request that I join under an alt for the character I will use (Marisa Kirisame)

You are
Marisa Kirisame, Friendly Independent Hardworking Witch and Obvious Liar

ABILITIES
+ Once per game, during the Day, PM me to choose one dead player.
+ You'll put in a lot of self-study and dedication to gain an ability they had, or one based on one they had.
- Your vote will not count that Day.
- If you losing your vote on a particular Day would ensure the win or loss of a faction, you will be unable to use this ability that Day.

+ Once per game, at Night, you can choose one player on which to use 'Cold Inferno'.
+ You can decide if it will be hot, cold, or both.

SPECIAL NOTES
+ You are not considered a threat to Town for the purposes of their win condition.
- The above can change, depending on how your abilities go.

+ You must make up a posting restriction, and stick to it in some way.
+ You don't have to tell me what it is, and you don't really have to stick to it perfectly.
+ Tell at least three plainly obvious lies every Day. For example,

"What are you talking about, ze? I'm not an alt, da ze~"
"There are 7 votes on Nabe right now!"
"The world is flat!"
etc.

+ You cannot admit to lying. You can only say that you were wrong when questioned directly about a lie.
+ You cannot discuss the nature of your posting restrictions, real or fake.
+ If someone asks you if you have a posting restriction, you can confirm that you do.
+ You cannot mention or confirm any details of said restrictions. You cannot prompt questions about your restrictions.

WIN CONDITION
+ You share a win with any faction, even if you're dead, as long as you complete three tasks.
- The first task: The Thief must die. You're the one who steals things, so they're stealing your specialty!
- Don't draw attention to yourself by asking around about a thief. Maybe that's another posting restriction!
- The second task: Post three lies over the course of the game that don't get pointed out by anyone on the same Day they're posted.

- The third task: Claim to be a dayvig.

+ Alternate win condition: If you lie and say that you've achieved a fake win condition, stating specifically what that fake win condition is in the thread, and every player vocally believes you, then you win and the game immediately ends with your solo victory.

TOWN WIN CONDITION

No fakeclaim provided! You'll figure something out.
Welcome, JTB!
You've unlocked a secret character! This role replaces the role above.

You are now
Soupamario, Friendly Independent Roleplayer

Your obvious lies have been discovered! You must now shed your alt account and play for keeps.

ABILITIES
+ Once per game, during the Day, PM me to choose one dead player.
+ You'll put in a lot of self-study and dedication to gain an ability they had, or one based on one they had.
- Your vote will not count that Day.
- If you losing your vote on a particular Day would ensure the win or loss of a faction, you will be unable to use this ability that Day.

SPECIAL NOTES
+ You are not considered a threat to Town for the purposes of their win condition.

WIN CONDITION
+ You share a win with any faction, even if you're dead, as long as you complete the following task: The Thief must die.
- Try not to draw attention to yourself by asking around about a thief.

+ Alternate win condition: [REDACTED]

TOWN WIN CONDITION

No fakeclaim provided!

JTB exits the game, having already met his win condition.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin isn't feeling too hot. That is to say, he's no longer on fire. But he is still smouldering, which I suppose is hot in comparison to his normal temperature.

UtopianPoyzin said:
S C R A T C H
T H A T
I ' M
N O W
A
H E C C I N
C O A T
H A N G E R
Y E A H
B O I S
L E T ' S
D O
T H I S ! ! !

You are
The Coat Hanger, Independent Serial Coat Hanger

It's a compulsion for you. But you know why; you understand the psychology inherent to the condition. For one thing, you were born this way. It's in your DNA to hang coats. Sure, it's not how your mother would have wanted you to hang coats, but that's not how you see it. In your eyes, coat hangers were created for more than temporary coat storage in dark, dank closets. Coats are a disease, a sickness inherent to humanity that should be purged, and must be purged. There is no reason that you can understand for a human to wear a coat, save one: vanity. They fop around in their coats, thinking they're better than everyone, flaunting what they've got out in the open. They wear their coats on top of two, three, or even four layers of clothing. It's unseemly, to have your body tucked in like that with your coat on show for the world to see. And anyway, would they even wear coats if some dark little part of them didn't want their coat to be hung?

ABILITIES
+ Once per Night, you can choose one player to steal their coat or outer garment as applicable.
+ Oh, you'll hang it, alright... from the gallows.
+ Some players will be informed of their clothing being stolen, but most will not.
- Some players may not have attire to steal.
+ Each garment that you steal is worth some amount of points.
+ Coats are worth the most at 3 points.

SPECIAL NOTES
+ You are classified as a threat to Town, for the purposes of the Town wincon.
+ You are immune to Cold.
+ You and only you know that Poison is not present in this game.

WIN CONDITION
+ You win when you have stolen 6 points worth of clothing.
+ At that time, you have already won, and may choose to exit the game. But you may instead choose to stay in the game.

+ Alternatively, or in addition to the above, you win when no living player remaining in the game has clothing.
+ If you are alive when the above occurs, you immediately exit the game as its biggest winner.
+ Moral Victory clause: you can technically reach this alternate wincon even if you're dead.

+ Regarding the first win condition, you can also just stay in the game to support another faction, if you like.

You are
Coat Hanger, Town Coat Hanger

ABILITIES
+ Once per Night, you may choose one player to take their coat or outer garment as applicable.
+ When you have their coat, you'll see what it looks like!
- That's basically all you're good for.
- You cannot target the same player twice.

SPECIAL NOTES
+ You are immune to Poison.

WIN CONDITION
Suddenly, you feel a connection severed... You are no longer your original role!

You are now
Coat Hanger, Town Coat Hanger

ABILITIES
+ Once per Night, you may choose one player to take their coat or outer garment as applicable.
+ You will see what their coat or outer garment looks like.
+ You will return a player's garment at the end of the Night.

SPECIAL NOTES
+ You are immune to Cold.
+ You are immune to Poison.

(You are no longer classified as a threat to Town.)

WIN CONDITION
(You have already won as an independent player, which still counts and will supersede this wincon.)

Poyzin exits the game, having already met his win condition prior to becoming town.

Dooplissity Dooplissity is a Smash Journeyman. He joined Smashboards on July 15th, 2011. His Smash 4 main is R.O.B. and his Smash 5 main is Zelda. He has accumulated 69 Likes as of January 4th, 2019. He died on January 4th, 2019, of burn injuries.

Dooplissity said:

You are
The 'Princess_Shroob' Page on Mario Wiki, Town Wiki Page

Princess Shroob is the main antagonist of the game Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time for the Nintendo DS. She is second in command of the alien race known as the Shroobs (her older sister is the leader), although initially it appears that she is their leader, since Elder Princess Shroob was absent, trapped in the Cobalt Star by Peach. She and her sister set off a full invasion of the Mushroom Kingdom to make it their own.

ABILITIES [Edit]
+ Once per Night, you may submit a brief write-up, to be posted anonymously through me at the start of the Day.

+ You will see everyone who visits you, or plans on visiting you, during a Night.
+ The list of people who visit you will dynamically change as I receive action targets from players.
+ The list will have timestamps based on when the action was made.
+ Even if a player changes their target away from you, you will see their deletion from the list.

Example:

[+] Nabe (09:30 p.m.)
[+] Ryker (10:42 p.m.)
[+] Laundry (10:43 p.m.)
[-] Ryker (11:01 p.m.)
------------------------
Summary: Nabe, Laundry

SPECIAL NOTES [Edit]
+ When you die or you are lynched, you become a Wiki Stump.
+ You cannot vote as a Stump, and you're not a living player for most purposes.

- You will have 999 words allotted to you as a Stump.
- After posting a total of 1,000 words, you will die. You may go up to a total of 1,010 in your last post.
- A picture is worth 1,000 words. You'll die. (Forum emoticons are exempt, and worth only a single word.)
- A video is literally just a ton of sequential pictures. You'll die.
- Music speaks to the soul, and therefore it will kill you if you post it.
- In other words, don't do anything to communicate as a Stump except for posting words.

- As a Stump, you cannot be recruited for a masonry, neighbourhood, or by any other role that facilitates Night conversation (including recruitment to any communicative scum faction if such a recruiter exists). All such roles (if any exist) will be informed that their target failed when targeting you. If you were involved in any Night conversation prior to becoming a Stump, it will immediately cease.

- As a Wiki Stump, you will still be vulnerable to trolling, bots, flaming, etc.

WIN CONDITION [Edit]
You have become a Flaming Wiki Stump!

Because of the manner of your death (flame), anti-flaming protocols have been activated. The following modifiers add to your role, and/or replace any similar modifiers in your role PM.

- You will have 99 words allotted to you as a Flaming Stump.
- After posting a total of 100 words, you will die. You may go up to a total of 104 in your last post.
- You may post a maximum of 5 words per post.
- You are still on fire and will die at the end of the Day phase.
- You may post quotes. You may not piece a single quote or multiple quotes together in new ways that would convey information different from their original content.

As a reminder, here are the other relevant modifiers.

+ You cannot vote as a Stump, and you're not a living player for most purposes.
- A picture is worth 1,000 words. You'll die. (Forum emoticons are exempt, and worth only a single word.)
- A video is literally just a ton of sequential pictures. You'll die.
- Music speaks to the soul, and therefore it will kill you if you post it.
- In other words, don't do anything to communicate as a Stump except for posting words.

Dooplissity may post during this Day phase as a Flaming Stump. He cannot vote or be voted for.

Who's to say that it isn't already Day 6?
Come back at 7 p.m. EST on January 6th, I'll really blow your mind.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm rereading the thread to really comprehend this

I was more suspicious of Bard than Dooms but I'm also really not suspicious of Kary. It feels like this LyLo is just townies LOL

There's a lot of evidence to lynch me considering my inactivity and how it's LyLo but I'll really try to examine the thread

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
oh no :-(

my master plan to get dooms lynched has been foiled

thanks nabe thanks a lot :/

Pokechu