• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uPick Mafia Ultimate ⭐ Game over! Did the game contain more than a single legal character by the end of its life cycle? Or is it no items, Hades only?

Will you be playing Smash Ultimate instead of this game?

• Yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The only game I play is Mafia

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Apologies if you're town, Fire. I definitely have been there with the no motivation but I have been iffy on your slot for the past few Days and I don't think flipping the lynch last minute would go so well (has it ever? LOL)

Take a break and come back to show us who's boss :laugh:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Fire Emblemier said:
:ultsnake:
**Ring Ring**
Incoming Call
This is Snake. Commencing Operation Ultimate UPick Mafia

You are
Snake, Town Jack

SNAKE, LET'S BEGIN
OPERATION UPICK
MAFIA ULTIMATE.

EQUIPMENT
CIGS: BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH
RATION: EAT TO LIVE*
UNIFORM: LOOK LIKE ENEMY*
C.BOX: HIDE FROM IT ALL
BUG: IS SOMEONE LISTENING?
BB.SUIT: SURVIVE EXPLOSIONS&MORE*
GOGGLES: SEE WHO SHOWS UP
P-CHUTE: FALL ONE TIME*
MINE D: FIND A BOMB
P-BOMB: DESTROY SUSP. WALL
ANTIDOTE: CURE POISON
O.TANK: BREATHE IN WATER*

HOW TO USE
ALL NIGHTS: USE ONE, LOSE ONE
* USE THEMSELVES WHEN NEEDED

HOW TO WIN
DESTROY ALL THREATS TO FREEDOM
(You win when all threats to the Town have been completely eliminated.)
"Whoa, what's this now?"

"Snake, what are you doing? D-Don't touch that!"

"Why shouldn't I, Colonel? It's in my inventory, after all."

"Snake, I am your commanding o-officer, and I order you to leave that where it is. It's vital to your training."

"Training, Colonel? Are you saying that this is VR?"

"...Infiltrate... ...the enemy fortress... ...Outer Heaven!
...Destroy... ...the final weapon... ...Metal Gear!"

"Ah, that's right. I'm not Snake at all. That's just a codename."

"I say again. Your duty is to infiltrate Zanzibar Land. And seize Kio Marf, an abducted Czechoslovakian biologist."

"Sorry, whoever you are, but I'm going to have to put an end to this, now."

"I need scissors! 61!"

CRUSHED

You are
Raiden
formerly codenamed Snake,
real name Jack,
Town Queen

ABILITIES
+ Once per Night, you may choose one item to Use.
- If you Use an item, you must choose one item to Lose.

+ Once per game, at Night, you may equip your HF Blade.
+ The following Day phase, you will choose the Day's lynch.
- If deadline is reached without you choosing a lynch, you will die instead.
- Using this ability requires you to Lose all of your remaining items.
- You cannot use this ability on a Night when you have less than 4 items remaining.
- With great power comes great responsibility.

SPECIAL NOTES
+ Cigs: Bad for your health.
+ Ration: If you are killed at Night, the following Day phase will play out as if you hadn't died. You will be able to vote and play as normal. You will die when the Day ends, unless a threat to Town is lynched that Day. Automatic.
+ Uniform: Appear to be Mafia when investigated. Passive.
+ C.Box: A cardboard box. Does not protect from Fire or Cold. Recycle it.
+ BB.Suit: A surprisingly cozy suit that protects from explosions. Passive.
+ Goggles: Watch a player of your choice, including yourself.
+ P-Chute: A parachute. Activates automatically if you leap from a tall height.
+ Mine D: A mine detector. Use this to cheat at Minesweeper.
+ P-Bomb: Plastic explosives. If you are targeted by Fire, your killer will be targeted with revenge Fire.
+ Antidote: Cures poison, for you or a player of your choice.
+ O.Tank: An oxygen tank. Survive when submerged in water. Passive.

WIN CONDITION
+ You win when all threats to the Town have been completely eliminated.

Well, there is at least some possibility that it is Night 4.
Get back to me tomorrow by 9:30 p.m. EST.
Day 5 will be extended in length because of the entirely new year according to some calendars.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
nabe nabe start the day
nabe nabe i wanna play
nabe nabe sunrise number five
nabe nabe busting scum I thrive

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
This post has been edited to include the following message.

SUM = 703

-------------------------------------------------------------

No one died!

A raven flies overhead. A rooster crows at night. Other birds do other things, and I will call them all omens of Day 5. I'll tap my watch annoyingly at 5 p.m. EST on January 3rd, 2019.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
where are my eight minutes???? eight minutes of the night!! you started it early. you're messing up my sleep schedule!!! :(

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Also I think that the person that was targeted tonight was the person who I ended up inspecting on Day 2. Whoever it was given what JTB said was correct.
Didn't you reveal who you targeted each night in the thread? I don't think the mafia would have targeted them, then. I think it could be someone else with some other immunity or something. Or maybe the mafia flat out forgot to kill LOL

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Unless I misunderstood something about your claim. You can inspect during the Day? Sounds neat, I thought it was just during the night. Lemme reread :laugh:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Fair enough, however I couldn't think of a reason to lie about something as small as whether your flavor image had a hat in it.
And I can't think of a reason why you would lie about targeting JTB, when given Fire's results you are clearly able to target some people, and if you wanted to lie, you could have chosen someone else.

However I think it makes more sense that one of you is lying, than this strange coincidence of you being redirected occurred.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
The dress and the coat are completely different.
Why can you not say it clearly?
It looks like a mix of both to me; can't tell what it is. I guess it's more of a coat than anything, it just covers your shoulders, not buttoned at all, and extends down past your knees, where the inage cuts off. This image depicts you with a purse, looking down at the camera. Don't know if your flavor is the same. Is this a good description?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
It looks like a mix of both to me; can't tell what it is. I guess it's more of a coat than anything, it just covers your shoulders, not buttoned at all, and extends down past your knees, where the inage cuts off. This image depicts you with a purse, looking down at the camera. Don't know if your flavor is the same. Is this a good description?
I suppose it's unreasonable to expect a coat hanger to know anything about fashion. This is a good description.

What happened to Maven's coat?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I want Opossum Opossum and Dooms Dooms to full claim today. Or we could just lynch one of them.
Will do!

As I've said on previous days, I am Pickboy. I have two powers, both centered around picking. Everyone here saw my first ability firsthand, which was that once per game, I could have the votes be cast only for a specific set of people, ones that I personally pick. This was the day that led to Shish's death, but in my defense, everyone else thought he was acting scummy too.

My second ability is one I hinted at very early on in the game, and that's a conditional bulletproof. Each day, as it begins, I need to pick who I think the lynch target will be. It needs to be early in the day though so I can't cheese it. If I pick correctly, I can't be injured that night "by traditional means." I assume this means night kills from the Mafia, but not things like poison or an unorthodox vigilante. Yesterday I DID guess correctly, though, so maybe the lack of night kill was due to that. Or it was entirely coincidental. Food for thought though.

And that's my full claim.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm Gheb. The salt vote is a permanent passive, and I have a one shot I can use at night. Everyone that targets me the night I use it dies.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Let me go ahead and make my flavor a little more clear because perhaps what happened is what Nabe intended to

At the start of the game, I was Marisa. Part of Soup's role was essentially playing as if he was Marisa and not Soup (hence the extreme reaction towards Bardull) but if he were ever to be exposed as Soup (in which other way besides how Bardull did, I don't know), he would become what my current flavor, which doesn't wear a hat. This change obviously happened right as I replaced in, meaning that if Poyzin targeted me N2, then he shouldn't have received a small hat as evidence. Marisa doesn't even wear a small hat in the first place, so his result is really odd.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
FWIW, I 100% don't believe that mafia would target Opo if they were town

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Also my comment regarding Kary yesterday still stands. Kary acting like they had a bingo on Utopian strictly due to flavor (where there isn't a known reason to lie about flavor) before JTB said anything was really ass and suspicious

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Let me go ahead and make my flavor a little more clear because perhaps what happened is what Nabe intended to

At the start of the game, I was Marisa. Part of Soup's role was essentially playing as if he was Marisa and not Soup (hence the extreme reaction towards Bardull) but if he were ever to be exposed as Soup (in which other way besides how Bardull did, I don't know), he would become what my current flavor, which doesn't wear a hat. This change obviously happened right as I replaced in, meaning that if Poyzin targeted me N2, then he shouldn't have received a small hat as evidence. Marisa doesn't even wear a small hat in the first place, so his result is really odd.
it's not a small hat, it's a cute (and presumably Japanese) hat. Marisa's hat being cute would be 100% opinion, but the japanese aspect is definitely there.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Also I want to point out that Bardull choosing Gheb as his flavor is 100% what I would expect Bardull to do

:059:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
it's not a small hat, it's a cute (and presumably Japanese) hat. Marisa's hat being cute would be 100% opinion, but the japanese aspect is definitely there.
Then my only thought at this point after the FE flip is to assume that my original flavor is what should show up, even if I wasn't that flavor when I was targeted, and assume that Poyzin's role is to be true.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Anyways, I'll be doing a full read tonight more than likely and see what I can find. I feel pretty lost right now after both Shish and FE flipping town instead of my expected scum

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Why would a one shot explosion that reacts to people targetting me not be immune to roleblocking? Being able to block a read-based role like that would be zzz
There's a difference between being immune when you use that ability, and being immune all the time.

Besides, night actions resolve in a certain order anyways. You wouldn't have to be immune to a roleblock for your role to work, you just need higher priority.

Top Bottom