• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uPick Mafia Ultimate ⭐ Game over! Did the game contain more than a single legal character by the end of its life cycle? Or is it no items, Hades only?

Will you be playing Smash Ultimate instead of this game?

• Yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The only game I play is Mafia

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Maven89 Maven89 is found lying in the snow, unusually naked. He died of exposure to the cold.
His body is burnt, too. Gruesome!

Maven89 said:
Flamboyantly gay Evil Eye

You are
Evil Eye, Town Long-Winded Mafia Player
You always do it, you know? You can't help it, because you're in the zone. You have your earbuds in your ears (under your earmuffs) and you throw on a little bit of ear-otic fanfiction, masterfully narrated by Nabe. Maybe it's a new one, but most likely it's one of your favourites. You know this audio by heart. So every time you sit down to play some mafia, you're plugged in. You tune everything out, even the icy Canadian winds battering at the frozen trees outside, and you just go. And by the time that half-hour of auditory ecstasy has finished worming its way into your ears, you've written walls. Like, twelve walls, long, dense and impenetrable. Your work here is done.

ABILITIES
+ Once per Night, choose a player to Wall.
+ A Walled player is unable to act.
+ A Walled player is unable to be acted on.

+ Once per game, during the Day, make a post of 500 words or more.
- The words must be meaningfully related to the game in at least some way.
+ At the end of the post, write "tl;dr lynch Nabe" for example to make every vote on Nabe worth double for the rest of the Day.

SPECIAL NOTES
- Once a Day, you must write a post of least 100 words in length.
- Your vote is worth zero any Day that the above condition is not met.

+ Believe it or not, the above picture demonstrates the height of flamboyantly gay attire and demeanor in Canada.

WIN CONDITION
+ You win when all threats to the Town have been completely eliminated.

No one has ever asked me, but if they had, I might have said it was Day 4.
That kind of Day would end at 9:30 p.m. EST on 12/28.

Last edited:

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Maven got double killed I think? Busy doing holiday things, will reevaluate reads later. My read from yesterday that I wanted to sit on was karytown, poyzin scum. I'll see if it survives the reread

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Oh okay then vote shish

I am also troubled by s2ns missing action. I think it suggests it targeted Scum, since that power is too good to not use. That also suggests that he thought that person was town/likely an NK. Probably warrants some general reevaluation on me/jtb. On mobile since flying, can anyone dig up who he town read?
Please don't NK me mafia, I'm probably innocent ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I can't really combat the reasoning that Kary was putting up. However, I feel like Kary is planning wayyy too far in advance, plotting more lynches than possible. If 2 people die every day, the game ends around Day 6 or 7 or so, maximum. That's 6 more lynches, and there are NKs in between, and you are completely forgetting about Pokechu, Doop, and me (even if that sounds hypocritical to what I was saying to Doop). That could potentially be a fatal mistake. We can't lynch everybody that SEEMS wonky, and not everybody that seems like scum really is. As far as you should know, Pokechu, Doop or I could potentially be mafia. KARY could be mafia.

As I said before, we all are wearing poker faces, regardless of our role. Take that into consideration before you plot out your complete endgame.

Anybody down to talk?

Okay Dooplissity Dooplissity , but if it's because of this, I will rather disappointed...

Maven89

Smash Master
Maven89 Maven89 is found lying in the snow, unusually naked. He died of exposure to the cold.
His body is burnt, too. Gruesome!

You are
Evil Eye, Town Long-Winded Mafia Player
You always do it, you know? You can't help it, because you're in the zone. You have your earbuds in your ears (under your earmuffs) and you throw on a little bit of ear-otic fanfiction, masterfully narrated by Nabe. Maybe it's a new one, but most likely it's one of your favourites. You know this audio by heart. So every time you sit down to play some mafia, you're plugged in. You tune everything out, even the icy Canadian winds battering at the frozen trees outside, and you just go. And by the time that half-hour of auditory ecstasy has finished worming its way into your ears, you've written walls. Like, twelve walls, long, dense and impenetrable. Your work here is done.

ABILITIES
+ Once per Night, choose a player to Wall.
+ A Walled player is unable to act.
+ A Walled player is unable to be acted on.

+ Once per game, during the Day, make a post of 500 words or more.
+ At the end of the post, write "tl;dr lynch Nabe" for example to make every vote on Nabe worth double for the rest of the Day.

SPECIAL NOTES
- Once a Day, you must write a post of least 100 words in length.
- Your vote is worth zero any Day that the above condition is not met.

+ Believe it or not, the above picture demonstrates the height of flamboyantly gay attire and demeanor in Canada.

WIN CONDITION
+ You win when all threats to the Town have been completely eliminated.

No one has ever asked me, but if they had, I might have said it was Day 4.
That kind of Day would end at 9:30 p.m. EST on 12/28.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Honestly think Opossum might be scum after the last day phase. He saw the opportunity of getting rid of townies free when using his ability due to the general agreed upon suspicion on me, Shish, and Bard.
I think Dooms' is town. Mostly due to Bard's ( who is.now Doom's) ability claim seeming legit.

Vote Opossum

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier , do you believe Opo had no reason to pick those three other than to get a free lynch then? What were Opo's reads before then?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Ok so obviously I had a little too much of the mulled wine the other day and convinced myself that Shish was going to flip indy. I got about halfway through making my case when I realized that I was going way too deep, but since I had limited time at a computer I decided to just plough on with it anyways.
Having got everything out of my head gave me a bit more perspective.
On reflection, I realized that I was way too eager to link JTB to Bardull, and frankly that doesn't make any sense. And as much as I don't like JTB deciding to vote for me at the end of Day 2, I have a hard time seeing why he would need to do that as scum, with Shish being town. And if Shish's flip tells us anything it's that townies can do random unhelpful things. So I put JTB firmly in the town pile.
More in a bit...

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Just going to go ahead and say it bothers me that Bardull was immune to the town roleblocker. I realize I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but still.
Do you think Bardull being immune to Maven's role, makes him more likely to be town? Just because two claims fit together doesn't mean they are both town, or both real.
You beat me to the gun, this was a big point of discussion for me. I'm set on Dooms being a third party. Here's why.

To start, it's pretty obvious that Dooms has a night-targeting role; if he's immune to walls, then that means he has an ability that could have been blocked if it wasn't for his wall immunity. Then again, he isn't a vanilla townie either (based on the roles of the game kills). My best guess is that he has a separate win condition from the rest of town, that requires that he has to target players at night and do *something*. Unsure what this something is, but because he goes against the town wincon on this logic, I suggest our lynch goes here.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
So you were just lying when you said you saw it in someone's post?
When I listed the elements of poison, fire, and walls, I included cold in the list because it was an element that I was aware of that most people wouldn't be aware of. Now, at that time, I assumed that cold was public knowledge (even if it wasn't.) So, I mentioned all of Bard's immunities in the list of game elements, as well as cold (because I made an incorrect assumption). Turns out it wasn't public knowledge, and I made myself seem more suspicious because my role info interfered with my perception of what the player know. Everybody knows something that the others do not. Now, the main question that is still unanswered.

What do the elements even do? Why do we have immunities? Why is Dooms nude and I have a pretty exoensive coat? It would be helpful if we could compile all of the game elements that we know.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
You beat me to the gun, this was a big point of discussion for me. I'm set on Dooms being a third party. Here's why.

To start, it's pretty obvious that Dooms has a night-targeting role; if he's immune to walls, then that means he has an ability that could have been blocked if it wasn't for his wall immunity. Then again, he isn't a vanilla townie either (based on the roles of the game kills). My best guess is that he has a separate win condition from the rest of town, that requires that he has to target players at night and do *something*. Unsure what this something is, but because he goes against the town wincon on this logic, I suggest our lynch goes here.
How exactly do you get from
"can't be walled" to "must be third party" ?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
When I listed the elements of poison, fire, and walls, I included cold in the list because it was an element that I was aware of that most people wouldn't be aware of. Now, at that time, I assumed that cold was public knowledge (even if it wasn't.) So, I mentioned all of Bard's immunities in the list of game elements, as well as cold (because I made an incorrect assumption). Turns out it wasn't public knowledge, and I made myself seem more suspicious because my role info interfered with my perception of what the player know. Everybody knows something that the others do not. Now, the main question that is still unanswered.
So you knew that most people weren't aware of it--- but you also thought it was public knowledge?
You SPECIFICALLY said that you saw it in someone's earlier post.

Let's iron out your thinking here and NOT put everything on the table for scum to see.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
How exactly do you get from
"can't be walled" to "must be third party" ?
"My best guess is that he is third party". I am willing to further pursue this, but I have a strong lean in that direction. His role requires night targeting, and I'm thinking that the fact that he can't be walled means that he is able to perform his night actions uninterrupted, letting him meet the requirements that he needs to win.

So you knew that most people weren't aware of it--- but you also thought it was public knowledge?
You SPECIFICALLY said that you saw it in someone's earlier post.

Let's iron out your thinking here and NOT put everything on the table for scum to see.
I know NOW that most people weren't aware, and my underatanding of the line between personal and game knowledge was blurred.

You're right, perhaps it's best that we DON'T compile all of the game elements in one place.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I know NOW that most people weren't aware, and my underatanding of the line between personal and game knowledge was blurred.
But the fact is, you were aware of most people not knowing about cold at the time.
Because if you thought most people knew about it, why would you need to add "saw this somewhere earlier" ?
Because this was private information you had, surely you would notice if someone else mentioned it? Surely you would remember whether or not you had seen it?
By saying that you had seen this information, when you had not, you slipped up.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly think Opossum might be scum after the last day phase. He saw the opportunity of getting rid of townies free when using his ability due to the general agreed upon suspicion on me, Shish, and Bard.
I think Dooms' is town. Mostly due to Bard's ( who is.now Doom's) ability claim seeming legit.

Vote Opossum
Wait, so making it so limiting the choices to just those who were already seen as scummy is somehow a bad thing now? Basically everyone in the thread had Shish pegged for Mafia, myself included. To spin that to be anti-town is ridiculous.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
...I think I had a stroke during that first sentence.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin

I think you're exactly right to say that your understanding was blurred. Because all 3 of the night kills have involved cold. So mafia would be well aware that cold was an element. Which explains the slip.

But it doesn't sound very believable that a townie would be immune to cold in the first place; that would seem like saying that you were unable to be killed by the mafia. And even if that were true, the absolute last thing you should be doing is telling everyone in the thread.

But there's even more. If you're immune to poison, then why did you lose your cool when I claimed I had poisoned you?

Frankly the immunities you just claimed seem very hard to believe.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Hi!

I started reading early game and skimmed later game but I need to actually read the last two days. Did Bardull fully claim or did he just claim his immunities?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Well. Didn't see that coming. There's one of four options then. One, the player isn't notified that they are poisoned until the day after. Two, I'm just being ignorant. Three, I gotta thank the hell out of somebody for saving me. Or four, Nabe developed a technique of sending invisible messages. All I know is that I never got a notification, so maybe you spoiled your plot to kill me, or somebody else took a hit for me. If it's the former, then at least you notified so I can die in agony.
I'm going to disagree with me "losing my cool", but rather "playing into your blantant falsehood". To be honest I prided myself with this, thinking that i played along very well given I knew I never was going to die. Which is why I never suggested it.

btw I'm still looking for an answer to this UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin
I have a lot to say about this, just give me time. I'm at a swim meet at the moment.

Hi!

I started reading early game and skimmed later game but I need to actually read the last two days. Did Bardull fully claim or did he just claim his immunities?
Just immunities

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Also trying to push an indy lynch this late is sus since we have no idea where lylo is and we've only lynched one mafia.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
But to continue from earlier, I realized that my theory on the scumteam was a lot more complicated than it needed to be. I was right about Shish not lying, but beyond that I just had a lot of assumptions.

It is possible that, since scum couldn't talk in private, they were using the thread to communicate. But it's also entirely possible that they just stayed quiet. Since Shish and myself are both town, it is not as if the mafia had any great need to say anything at all.

So, as much as it would bring me great joy to uncover the secret signals that Bardull sent to his scum teammates; without a scum flip to work from, it's clear that to do so would be getting ahead of myself.

And I have to ask, having lived through three Nights with several people putting me at a clear town read, whether actually my tunnel on Bardull was he wrong direction.

I still don't like his slot, to be clear. But his response to my huge case:
I think Kary is some kind of Lyncher/Executioner. Would be interested in hearing their claim tomorrow. Which is ironic and a bit unexpected because my original role involved Kary plotting to lynch me before I switched it, lol. But I don’t really get the gameplay otherwise outside of being a liability and, by their own admission, tunneling me from an RVS vote.
doesn't say to me that he is trying to lynch me. It's such an easy theory to disprove that, even if he were scum, he is only trying to discredit me. Or he could just be a townie stuck in knee-jerk omgus mode.

Either way, I want to put the Bardull slot on the backburner for the time being, and instead put some attention onto people who have been very quiet so far.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm going to disagree with me "losing my cool", but rather "playing into your blantant falsehood". To be honest I prided myself with this, thinking that i played along very well given I knew I never was going to die. Which is why I never suggested it.
Well sure, you can say you were playing along, but we'll be the judge of that.
You glossed over my other points, it seems.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Take your time Poyzin, but on the other hand, we definitely need to starting hearing from Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier Pokechu Pokechu Opossum Opossum more frequently. Days are short and I barely remember anything that those three slots have done. I would like to have all three of you give me some reads (or in Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier 's case, elaborate on the Opo vote) and give us some sort of idea of which direction you would like the Day to take.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I still exist!!!! LOL

Just been dealing with the beforemath and the aftermath :laugh: of Christmas

I haven't been as active as I should've been the past Days, on D3 it was mostly because I was completely OK with all three targets chosen by Opo (OK as in fine with them being picked to lynch) so I wasn't too compelled to push a certain direction since they all weren't looking too great imo. Pinky promise I'll upgrade my activity. I will be buying the Golden Package for this game from Nabe so that way when I am not here, bots make my posts for me LOL

I will still take my stance from D3 in that Fire and Bard need to go, but since Bard replaced out I'm going to lay off that slot and see how Dooms/Joey is. Ahoy, Joey!!

Will be reading up on the thread, sorry for not posting much.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I don't know why you guys called an ability "overpowered" in a game like this and used it as actual reasoning, especially after S2's flip. Shish wagon as a whole seemed pretty weak. That's partially post-flip bias, but mostly the fact that they played very similarly to how they did in the last game I played with them. If I were to look anywhere for that wagon specifically, it'd be Kary due to how they came into today, but that's not where I want to go at the moment and I don't scum read Kary as a whole.

Utopian's play is probably most sus. The way they played around the Shish wagon by saying it was one of their strongest scum options but then constantly needed reaffirmation that it was the right play just doesn't sit well with me on top of them now saying that lynching an independent is the right course of action. The shade thrown at Doop just because Doop viewed themselves as a town slot also doesn't sit well with me.

I'm mixed on Opossum. I can't remember much they've done aside from them restricting the vote. The pool itself could be townie because those 3 were commonly discussed mafia picks, but it's also giving a pool of easy mislynches since I know I'm town, Shish flipped town, and FE is an inactive null slot. I think looking into those picks is fine, but I'm personally of the opinion that those picks make sense from both townie and scum perspective. If anything, I dislike the fact that Opossum used this as their excuse to "be off the walls town" and try to argue against meta when they just used their ability and then kind of dipped/gave one liners afterwards. If we went down the inactive avenue today, I'd go here.

Vote Opossum
If you were in Opossum's place as town (meaning no bias regarding your own slot), what would change about your trio?

Bardull hinted at this already and people know it's related to me, so I'm just going to say that the first person that votes me gets the salt vote and it stays on that person for the rest of the day. We're in lylo territory so pretty important to get any last details ironed out.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
It is possible that, since scum couldn't talk in private, they were using the thread to communicate. But it's also entirely possible that they just stayed quiet. Since Shish and myself are both town, it is not as if the mafia had any great need to say anything at all.
Do you think there's a reason for mafia to risk communicating in thread? The only way I could personally imagine mafia communicating in thread is through their voting, but even that doesn't seem like a justified thing to do unless a strong scummy is about to get lynched.

Top Bottom