• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uPick Mafia Ultimate ⭐ Game over! Did the game contain more than a single legal character by the end of its life cycle? Or is it no items, Hades only?

Will you be playing Smash Ultimate instead of this game?

• Yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The only game I play is Mafia

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Did Doops switch as well? Off the top of my head it was Shish/FE/Maven but if Doops was there too, it would be strange as he's been on the Shish wagon before I even got into the game. Generally I've been agreeing with his posts so I haven't looked into him at all.

I'm not certain on Maven town but rather I don't see that particular play as scummy and I haven't seen a reason to look into him pre-Shish flip.

D

Deleted member

Lmao you expect me to believe you somehow have the ability to remove one of the fundamental abilities mafia have? You might as well have said that they are no longer able to Night Kill. It's ridiculous. I'm not voting you because it's unnecessary and you aren't going to die any faster.
All these posting restrictions and stupid ass abilities are also stupid but that's the whole point of the game. I didn't even remove it entirely, only half of it.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
All these posting restrictions and stupid *** abilities are also stupid but that's the whole point of the game. I didn't even remove it entirely, only half of it.
But it's still clearly too overpowered for a town role to have. So why you insist on clinging to this stupid lie I have no idea...

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
If Shish flips scum, do you think Fire Emblemier could be their scummate?
What if the GLG waggon is the scumteam?
Entirely possible, another reason why I was curious about their experience because it just seems too convenient lol
Oh no, I considering the people that jumped on the GLG wagon, not maven himself. I think maven is town as I can see the logic behind why he did the double vote thing, even if it was a bad play overall.
Yeah, no Doops here
So who exactly were you thinking of, when I suggested the GLG waggon could be scum?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Just Shish and FE, that's why I was surprised you mentioned Doops

D

Deleted member

But it's still clearly too overpowered for a town role to have. So why you insist on clinging to this stupid lie I have no idea...
Because it's not a lie but your insistence on pushing your belief that it is tells me a lot about you.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
((continued, thanks mobile.))
"oh no not maven"
so it seems like you didn't think about your answer at all.
and when i mentioned doops, you didn't know he had suggested an interest in the waggon.

so basically, you think fire might be scum and you're just looking for people to agree with you.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I just misunderstood your question, I was assuming you meant just the people that jumped on GLG after Maven made the post. I already stated that I don't think Maven was scummy because of that play but rather it was a bad town power move based on his reads.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I just misunderstood your question, I was assuming you meant just the people that jumped on GLG after Maven made the post. I already stated that I don't think Maven was scummy because of that play but rather it was a bad town power move based on his reads.
you thought i meant who?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm not really sure what you are getting at right now though. You said something that went against my knowledge of the game (Doops being on GLG), so of course I'm going to go back and see if that was something I missed.

And while Shish is the play right now, I don't see any issues with sharing what's currently going through my head upon a scumShish flip. Feel free to call me out if you think I'm testing the waters for people's opinions on a slot but I'll just disagree with you on that.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Ok buckle up girls and boys.
I'm going to try and make this brief.
Shish is absolutely dead. He has been caught lying, no-one is defending him, he's cleary not town.
He absolutely refuses to give up on this idea that mafia don't have communications during the Day.
Notice that this is a weirdly specific lie for him to tell, it doesn't help him stay alive.
Why is he saying it? Because he's not lying.
But clearly that sort of ability would be too powerful for a townie to have. And his play is sketchy as heck.
If he's mafia, why would he reveal something that only hurts him?
Because he's a third party role.

His flip will prove it, but the evidence is all there.
Look at Moydow's flip. A traitor that is controlled by another player?
Why would mafia even need a role like that? They don't - Moydow was controlled by Indy Shish
But surely, if Moydow gets lynched somehow, or perhaps kills himself intentionally, won't that leave Shish too weak?
Well not if say, Shish is able to stop the mafia talking during the day.

So since we know Shish is telling the truth about mafia not having comms, who does that implicate?
Let's return to our old friend Bardull, who made the mistake of voting me in RVS.

I’ll be honest though.

I would love to see Kary get lynched. We should lynch Kary. It would be the best Christmas present a townie could ask for. :awesome:

Or lynch Shish I guess. Kinda confused about his role. Seems like a given that scum can talk during the day phase.

Or maybe we’re all wrong and should look elsewhere?

I guess I’ll take the Shish flip so that people don’t think I’m trying to maneuver people off his wagon.

Decisions, decisions.
I knew this was strange when I saw it in the first place. Who is he talking to? Why is he weirdly airing his thoughts in public?
Maybe because he's trying to talk to his mafia buddies.

Let's be clear, Bardull's scummy in the first place. What exactly has he done this game, other than complain about me? Not very much.
Remember how he posted a list of reads literally during the deadline on Day 1? Why would a townie even need to do that?

But I digress, come with me on this journey. If Bardull is mafia, who is he talking to?

BarDulL BarDulL is my best friend and no one is going to steal him away from me

But I still want to hear more about why Kary. I could read into it more now, but I got a lot of work to do before getting wasted tonight with my co-workers
This is the top of page 18, immediately before Shish's claim. Shortly after, Bardull posts his weird thinking out loud post I quoted before.
And if you read JTB all throughout Day 2, there are several instances where JTB tags Bardull apparently for very little reason. Are you getting the idea yet?

And I want to point something out- mafia probably did not know who was responsible for blocking their comms until Shish claimed.
But they still wanted to discuss what to do. Which explains Bardull's post above. And the following:

Do you think shish is too easy of a lynch for scum to jump on?
Posting from mobile sucks. Ruined that last post, but essentially I was saying that yes, it’s possible I could cite bad evidence as scum on accident too, so it’s null. Pokechu Pokechu

I mean, if you think I’m Town, and no one else is defending Shish, then probably.

Shish got lynched for similar reasons in the last game he was in if I remember correctly, which is why I’m hesitant to vote for him.
That’s the one! Bazaaaam.

Aright, actually leaving. I support whatever you guys do, GL.
Big hmm from me at this point. But there's more.

BarDulL BarDulL what could you give me if I swapped my vote to Kary?
Oh interesting

vote Kary

Will you vote shish or let a no lynch occur?
JTB tags Bardull asking him about me, then decides to switch to me, despite my having posted that I wasn't here.
JTB then leaves his vote on me, for some reason, despite having written a huge post on why he didn't like Shish and pushing him all Day.

It's almost as if JTB didn't care who he lynched- or that he didn't want to be tooo closely associated with the Shish waggon when Shish's flip happened.
Either way, it's a transparently scummy move from JTB and probably enough to lynch him on it's own.

At this point I feel 100% confident in calling Bardull and JTB scum. They're clearly talking to one another, and they're both scummy individually on the grounds of their play.

But there's more...

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
If I don't want to be associated with the Shish wagon when he flips, then why would I be pushing him so much yesterDay and toDay? And was there any reason to believe that a Shish lynch was not going to happen at that point when I did my unvote? And if I am scum with BarDulL BarDulL and Shish's claim is true, what reason is there for me to blatantly associate with Bardull and tag him in posts after Shish used his power?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Feel free to post whatever else you have and I'll answer it toMorrow since I'll be gone the rest of the night, but I will tell you that you are reaching hard with your arguments. I'm especially curious why you would post this pre-Shish flip since your post falls apart with his scum flip.

As for why I tagged BarDulL BarDulL numerous times, he's a friendly face in a game I haven't played in 3-4 years and I haven't seen any reason to doubt his play at this time, so I might as well have fun :happysheep:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Go with me on this journey. Two mafia and a traitor they don't control seems a bit weak for a mafia faction in this powered up game. So maybe there's another. A good candidate would be FireEm, who has been noticeably quiet all game, and who really had nothing useful to say when I asked him to choose between Shish and Bardull for toDay.
@Fire Emblemier what do you think of shishs claim?
He's also someone JTB immediately called out when Shish claimed, and he was very quick to jump onto voting GLG when the opportunity arose.

So basically, I don't like FireEm very much. He doesn't look great. But there's a much more interesting possibility.

Remember Maven?
When he finally arrived in the thread, he says he doesn't like the case on Shish, that he dislikes Bardull, and he calls out JTB for his vote. He also posts a big wall about how he doesn't like GLG. So far so vanilla.

But then when Shish and FireEm decide to jump ship to GLG, Maven deploys his superpower to force that lynch through.
What exactly was so bad about the Shish lynch that Maven had to avoid it?
Was it something like... his flip giving the town a huge clue who to look for?
And what was wrong with the Kary waggon? Oh, it looks kind of bad if Bardull and JTB are also on the waggon you force through.
Big hmm again here from me.

But what really I find strange is how Maven is the one who apparently roleblocked Shish Night 2. For one thing, a roleblocker and an executioner sounds like a pretty strong role in itself. But Maven went to so much effort to avoid a Shish lynch, what made him decide to roleblock him? I just don't follow.
I think the normal reaction from a townie stumbling across the Shish lynch is to shrug and say okay.

But what if you were a scummer who couldn't easily communicate with their buddies, facing two lynches that leave you looking pretty bad?

There's more, of course. Who exactly did Maven call out in his first post of the game? Marisa, but without really giving a reason. That's the JTB player slot.
And who did we try and lynch on Day 1, to no success?
Oh, Maven. And both GLG and Stu were on that waggon, along with myself.

So there isn't quite as much to say about Maven, but when you're looking for a third after JTB and Bardull, I think it all fits pretty well.

Again, Fire is a bit sketch so I could see him potentially fitting in somewhere.

And one more thing is Shish has a weird hatred for both Maven and Oppo. I don't know if he has anything more than a hunch on either of them, but pending his flip it is something to look into.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::: TOO LONG DIDNT READ:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

And so that concludes today's lecture. Lynch order as follows:

Shish (Indy)> Bardull > JTB > Maven > Fire > Oppo.

Consider this my christmas present to all you good girls and boys of the town! And, smell you later.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
So by your list, is it safe to assume that anyone on it is a town read? Aka Pokechu/Poyzin/Doops?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
to answer you JTB, you didn't know Shish was indy or expect him to claim what he did.

or do you think bardull thinking aloud who to lynch was just a coincidence?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll agree with you that that post by him isn't great and I had overlooked it before. However, I think it's bad because he's just throwing out support for possible lynches without much reasoning due to what was being discussed at the time and less about this supposed restriction that we still don't even know if it's true.

But anyways, I'll see you all toMorrow. Have a Merry Christmas!

D

Deleted member

He absolutely refuses to give up on this idea that mafia don't have communications during the Day.
I just want to save this for when I flip because it's 100% true
Because he's a third party role.
Really not
Moydow was controlled by Indy Shish
Eh, you got that half right.
I did control Moydow but I was unaware of who I was controlling or what ability I was choosing the target for.
Well not if say, Shish is able to stop the mafia talking during the day.
That's not my goddamn ability, why would I have something so specific? There'd be no reason to NOT use it.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I can't really combat the reasoning that Kary was putting up. However, I feel like Kary is planning wayyy too far in advance, plotting more lynches than possible. If 2 people die every day, the game ends around Day 6 or 7 or so, maximum. That's 6 more lynches, and there are NKs in between, and you are completely forgetting about Pokechu, Doop, and me (even if that sounds hypocritical to what I was saying to Doop). That could potentially be a fatal mistake. We can't lynch everybody that SEEMS wonky, and not everybody that seems like scum really is. As far as you should know, Pokechu, Doop or I could potentially be mafia. KARY could be mafia.

As I said before, we all are wearing poker faces, regardless of our role. Take that into consideration before you plot out your complete endgame.

Anybody down to talk?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
TL;DR

I like Kary's reasoning, and I'm down to go along with the first couple steps, but more info will be uncovered each and every day, and putting all scum reads into one lynch list that probably won't hold up puts you into a convining, yet suspicious, position.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I think Kary is some kind of Lyncher/Executioner. Would be interested in hearing their claim tomorrow. Which is ironic and a bit unexpected because my original role involved Kary plotting to lynch me before I switched it, lol. But I don’t really get the gameplay otherwise outside of being a liability and, by their own admission, tunneling me from an RVS vote.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
sorry I haven't been very active this phase

when's deadline? about two hours I assume?

Maven89

Smash Master
I'm 100% waiting to see which way Shish flips before bothering to reread and wall again. If someone is going to push me as mafia, they better have a good explanation for why I would out my ability to double votes once a game a full phase before I used it

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
omg i was reading people's posts and thinking about what to say LOL

forgot it was 10 pm.... EST

and not central

:joyful:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Give me uh...
Ryougi Shiki

You are
Ryougi Shiki, Town Protagonist

You are the protagonist. Nothing is beyond your willpower to achieve. Making use of your rare Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, you will definitely incite some events and make the plot move forward.

ABILITIES
+ Once per Night, you may choose anything to perceive the Death of its Existence.
- No one really knows what this means. Not in depth, anyway.
- There may be reasons why you cannot affect the Death of something.
+ If you can affect the Death of something that you have perceived, you will be given more detail in a subsequent game phase.
+ In order to maximize your potential for success, try to be very specific.

+ At Night, you may be told to choose the target(s) for an ability that is being used by someone else.
- You will not be told who is performing that ability.
- You will not be told the nature of that ability.
- You cannot choose for the ability to not be used.
+ I will tell you as soon as possible at Night when I know if you'll need to make a choice.
+ You may send me a choice beforehand if you like, to speed things along.

SPECIAL NOTES
+ You know that you once created a second personality within yourself, but as to who or what it was... you've forgotten.
+ That jacket looks really cozy, yo.

WIN CONDITION
+ You win when all threats to the Town have been completely eliminated.

If you think about it from within a particular paradigm, it's Night 3.
Night 3 will be extended for a holiday, and ends the 26th at 4 p.m. EST.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Due to having attained unintended knowledge regarding the set up, I will have to replace out.

Can't specify how this happened or when it happened, but Nabe has been informed. Figured I'd provide context just to ensure it isn't being read into the wrong way, lol.

Good luck to all factions.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
That's actually good a segue. Can I be invited to the RIPM so that I too can attain knowledge of the setup?

Top Bottom