• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uPick Mafia Ultimate ⭐ Game over! Did the game contain more than a single legal character by the end of its life cycle? Or is it no items, Hades only?

Will you be playing Smash Ultimate instead of this game?

• Yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The only game I play is Mafia

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Oh interesting

vote Kary

Will you vote shish or let a no lynch occur?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Nothing, I want to see if Kary forces a no lynch or votes shish

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh interesting

vote Kary

Voting isn't majority, it's plurality. I don't know if/how ties break when they occur, but theoretically anyone could break the tie anyway.

Maven89

Smash Master
First of all, I have always been against gimmicks, even when it gets my lynched I oppose it. Famous example is probably when I tried to lynch Glyph when he dayvigged Ryker off the bat. It got me lynched, he was town, and I still felt like he should have been lynched. **** like that ****s up the game. With the way Soup (or whoever his partner was) played the hyrda, plus one part of my PM, made me assume this wasn't a real "player" but some bizarre gimmick that was either part of someone's role or something Nabe was doing to **** with us (which is not in his character as a host). If that was the case, I'd still be in favor of just killing the slot off of principle. I hate **** like that.

But there was the Bardull/Soup kerfuffle, and Nabe messaged me after my post to clarify part of my PM, meaning that's all been resolved. It was all I talked about, because at that point in the game, it was the only thing relevant to talk about, other than everyone spamming in korean, which was equally annoying. The whole state of the game was annoying.

Second of all, time is runnign out and you guys keep on posting, so I'm only going to get to the relevant parts and sumarize ****.

This is the first real post that caught my eye

Right now, I think we should make inactives talk.
I don't like how Opo only started to speak after I pushed his wagon harder but that's whatever, I find what he did share about his role curious and it doesn't seem anti-town based on what I know.
Maven is the only one not really speaking but he claims it's work, right? I'll leave my vote on him until he speaks again then.
Vote Maven
This is a rare, real life example of someone going 360. Vote to make inactives talk, he hates how an inactive started posting after being voted, then immediatly to voting someone to get them to talk. If you hate how someone stops being inactive once they're voted, than why are you voting inactives to make them active?

This is the only real post of Shishoe (early on, I'll catch up since my skimming shows he's roleclaimed and is on the lynching block) that caught my eye. No one else seemed to call attention to it. Other than his fairly poor logic here, he's been relatively consistent. He dislikes inactives, and inactive people. He doesn't like Kary posting in Korean. These are all things that I don't find scummy at all. He doesn't seem to care about the guy posting backwards, but even that I can ignore.

For everything Shishoe has done, I see it come down to (forgive me) dumb or scum. I don't think Shishoe has made the best plays. I do not see how Shishoe has made scummy plays. I am not voting for Shishoe.Even his role claim, while bizarre, is something I don't see as scummy. I don't like this lynch.
I'm also not voting for Kary, who has done almost nothing scummy the entire game. I'm also a fan of Pokechu's content. These are my main 2 town reads.

Bardull is scum lean. I'd lynch bardull

I google Marisa Kirisame and saw that it was a Touhou character, so I was wondering if anyone could make a gander using flavor knowledge of what her role in this game could be. Also not sure if it will yield anything but can't hurt to at least talk about.
role fishing

Also, in the chance that we end up lynching one of those people that cast an RVS vote and left, who would you choose? Or would you rather go a different direction entirely
What is this question? It comes off so forced. At this point in the game, Giraffe has done nothing but ask questions to people, but never once followed up on any of them.
I'm fine with either an Opo or a Maven lynch because even if they are town I wouldn't trust them in an end game situation if they maintain their current activity levels. Willing to give opo the benefit of the doubt now that he's posting, but also being called scum for being inactive would probably make me suddenly want to post more. I want to see where the current votes are though before I make a decisions.
Vote: moy
But would settle on Maven
Or does no one want to do moy anymore?
Vote: Maven
Vote: MOydow
This isn't trying to lynch an inactive, this is trying to find the easiest person to mislynch, by having the town decide for him. Those posts were sequential on Giraffe's part.
Kary vs Bard so far has been a mess for me trying to decide if it's a town vs town argument or a town vs scum argument. Kary has been very vocal and has made a lot of reads that I agree with the logic behind, and while the poison gambit and the faking of a post restriction give me a bit of a pause, but that might be because I'm more used to scum gambits than town gambits. But with how inactive the player list has been this game(myself included) it would be so so easy for a scum Kary to never post and let Doop/JTB/ntS JD be the only three posting and the more active players the better a town can play. Bard OTOH has been a bit of a null for me this game, none of his posts have been super town to me and none have been super scum. Some of their back and forth seems like it's focusing on things beyond the game, such as when Kary mentioned Bard is more likely to RVS vote her as scum than he is as town. I don't know their history, and quite frankly it doesn't matter, but I do think this is a discussion that will be better tackled tomorrow than today. I'd lynch bard before Kary though..
This is the closest he has come to given actual reads, and it's basically a summary while suggesitng he'd get to the conclussion later. And, despite the paragraph throwing more shade on kary than bard, he ends by suggesting he'd lynch Bard.
Giraffe is a scum read for me.
Oh interesting
vote Kary
What the **** is this. do you not realize there's other votes?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Because Kary was here and who knows if another slot would've shown up

So are you voting Kary/Shish or letting the day finish with no results?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
ooh I like #763

I didn't really want to post much about it because it was insubstantial, but I've had a gut read on GLG for some time now. Maven's wall on him is pretty solid.

Maven, if you had to choose, GLG or Bardull?

Maven89

Smash Master
Because Kary was here and who knows if another slot would've shown up

So are you voting Kary/Shish or letting the day finish with no results?
It seems way more that you were trying to get no results or swing it to Kary

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Nah I'm not switching to anyone besides those two with ten minutes left

Don't kill me toNight scum, see you guys tomorrow

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Votecount

GLG (Shish, Fire)
Shish (Doop, GLG, Opo, Poyzin, Chu, Maven)
Kary (:salt:, Bard, Stu, JTB)

To clarify, a tie means that the thread votes again. The tied players are not allowed to vote, and neither are the voters who were involved in the tie. If there's still a tie after an hour, both players remain alive, and a random player outside of the tied players dies.

Last edited:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I think my vote disappeared but it's no matter, shish will die and I'm okay with that

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Votecount

GLG (Shish, Fire)
Shish (Doop, GLG, Opo, Poyzin, Chu, Maven)
Kary (:salt:, Bard, Stu, JTB)

To clarify, a tie means that the thread votes again. The tied players are not allowed to vote, and neither are the voters who were involved in the tie. If there's still a tie after an hour, both players remain alive, and a random player outside of the tied players dies.
So what you're saying is if its a 6-6 tie, then nobody else is allowed to vote?

Maven89

Smash Master
Alright, one more before the nether.
Players aside from myself include probably Pokechu as well. I’d be sad if Pokechu was secretly an evil goose. But since I don’t want to copy you, I’ll say you, I have a fair lean on JTB.
100% nominee is between Shish and Kary.
In that case, and I forget, are you feeling Kary or Shish as the ally? Is Kary a likelihood, or do I have it all wrong?
Contextually and strictly meta, I feel like Shish/Moy tend to vibe in general, but I see the arguments for Shish (his defense of JTB’s slot in early game is just...urghhhh). I generally like Opo’s tone while Shish seems to be gunning for the marsupial.
I’ll be honest though.
I would love to see Kary get lynched. We should lynch Kary. It would be the best Christmas present a townie could ask for. :awesome:
Or lynch Shish I guess. Kinda confused about his role. Seems like a given that scum can talk during the day phase.
Or maybe we’re all wrong and should look elsewhere?
I guess I’ll take the Shish flip so that people don’t think I’m trying to maneuver people off his wagon.
Decisions, decisions.
These posts seem awful. I'll get to an ISO of Bardull tomorrow.
I'm sorry for being inactive, but it's a part of my job, as well as the procastinations of coming home and realizing I'm several hundred posts behind in a mafia game. Especially when, in previous situations, I already ruined all my credibility by being inactive. Not that long ago I had a guilty on Nabe as a cop, but since I was inactive people voted for me anyways. I cant' blame them for it. But it happens. However, I'm caught up, so I can post now normally.
JTB is sitting ****ing awful with me. I was wondering with her/his Shish post, because pushing it as scum really seemed to be stretching it. As a veteran, JTB should be more than capable of understanding the difference between anti-town/pro-scum, but seemed to either not care or notice the difference. Some of that might be because she didn't see the Star Wars game with Nabe, but despite that Shishoe's posts make sense. I'm not the biggest fan of Shishoe's content, but burrowing into it the way JTB did sits uneasy. I know as scum, I'd see Shishoe as the easiest person to mislynch.
And the Kary part? Has JTB ever once justified her Kary read? I'll have to re-read to check, but I really don't recall her ever doing so.
Her last vote on kary is gross as ****.
Giraffe Laser Gun is the best lynch target for this day. I don't see a better choice, it would be really nice if we could get him lynched today but I do not see how we have the votes. Shishoe could be acceptable as an information lynch but we have better targets.

Vote: Giraffelasergun

tldr: vote Giraffelasergun

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I give mavens post a :ultlittlemac:

because it's terrible

#HBC | Nabe

A surprising lynch has arisen!

giraffelasergun said:
I want to be Eeyorenort, as seen in the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsOVoo-59wc

You are
Eeyorenort, Town Xehanort

You have become one of the Thirteen Darknesses. Emboldened by your new powers over Darkness, you are certain of one thing: no one will ever fail to notice you again.

ABILITIES
+ Once per game, at Night, choose one player to Nort.
+ Following a successful Norting, you will be given a PM in which to talk to your new Nort.

+ Once per game, at Night, if you have a living Nort, you can choose one player in the game and kill them.
- You may not kill your Nort with your kill.

+ If you are targeted at Night by one action that would kill you, and you have a living Nort, the Nort will die in your place.
- Notice that if the action is not targeted specifically at you, or if you are targeted by multiple actions that would kill you, you will die.

- If you are lynched, your Nort will become Xehanort, but still within their particular faction.

- I will not inform your Nort of any of the above.

SPECIAL NOTES
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol7UfrZnVyA

WIN CONDITION
+ You win when all threats to the Town have been completely eliminated.

First he's left out of Kingdom Hearts III, and now this...
But I mean, it's basically Night 2, right? So let's call it 11 p.m. EST, and reconvene in 24 hours.

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

This post has been edited to include the following message.

MAVEN WHY

-------------------------------------------------------------

DtJ S2n DtJ S2n was found, tape unraveled, water crystallized on its surface. I guess a heartwarming movie is not necessarily a warm video tape.

DtJ S2n said:
I'm "Home Alone 2 Lost In New York"
it's nice to meet you

You are
HOME ALONe 2: Lost In New York, Town Heartwarming Movie on VHS

Christmas is once again about to explode as the
McCallisters take off on another family vacation
- but guess who's caught the wrong plane -
wild-child Kevin! (Macaulay Culkin).

While his family are arriving in Florida, he's
taking New York by storm with a satchel full of
his folks' credit cards and a mind full of trouble.

The youngster who takes on the bad guys is
back with an endless supply of paint, oil and
glue in another hilarious misadventure.

ABILITIES
+ Once per Night, choose one player to watch you.
+ Your chosen player will see every player who targeted you. They will not be told that you targeted them.
+ Your chosen player will be kept warm from within by your heartwarming effects.

SPECIAL NOTES
- Every Day phase after using your ability, you must Rewind! Speak only with backwards posts.
- You can write your posts and pass them through http://spellbackwards.com/ using the Reverse Text option.
+ You may quote other players' posts without making them backwards. Votes may be forwards or backwards.
+ You may post videos or music if they are backwards. No images or other media, i.e. don't circumvent the restriction.
+ If you wanted to, you could just do this restriction every Day.

- You cannot mention that you have a posting restriction.
- If someone asks if you have a posting restriction, you may say yes or no. You are not allowed to offer any detail, or to confirm any detail.

+ You are immune to Poison.

WIN CONDITION
+ You win when all threats to the Town have been completely eliminated.

It's Day 3, in all likelihood. Meet me back here at something like 10 p.m. EST on December 24th.

Whoa! The lynch toDay can only be one of:

Last edited:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
What the **** were you thinking maven

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright, let's go down the list. I was not s2n's target N2. I would like to hear from the 3 lynch candidates if they were or were not s2n's target N2 before we hear from anyone else.

Top Bottom