• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(UPDATED) The Official Ohio Smash 4 Power Rankings Thread!(Season 3)

EMPEROR Eevee

Smash Cadet
The Official Smash 4 Power Rankings
Greetings fellow Smasher! Newly member of Broken Alliance Esports, BxA| EMPEROR Eevee here to bring you the newest update to the Ohio Smash 4 Power Ranking. :133:

Mission Statement

To measure skill, reward skill development, inspire, and create a mindset in the Ohio Smash 4 scene that fosters growth for all players.

Position Criteria

* Tournament Performance

It's not just about how high a person place. Along with that, we take into consideration who they defeated and who they lost to. Rankings take into consideration a person's collective performances over history and of recent times.

* Consistency of Results

If a person has done well or poorly in a singular tournament, it is not enough to warrant a major shift in their respective rank. On the other hand, a person who has continually produced similar results over many tournaments will be assessed accordingly.

* Competitiveness of Tournaments Participated In

It's great that you can win a local GameStop tournament, but if there's no good players there, don't expect it to boost your ranking. Tournaments which have highly ranked or respected participants (from either instate regional or out of state regions) will be given greater weight.

Panelists:

*Eevee - Cinci Rep/Data Entry
*Absol - Cinci Rep
*Suyon - Cbus Rep
*Katakiri - Cbus Rep
*WarHound - NEOH Rep

Power Rankings Image(s) 1/1.5

Tournament results compiled
- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...CqtRKg0HD6tkxfG1z33Oc9sfTc/edit#gid=139053035

Power Ranking Image - Season 2 (Dec 2015 - Mar 2016)

Power Ranking Image - Season 3 (Apr 2016 - Jul 2016)

The Ohio Power Rankings
Key:

Moved Up
Moved Down
Stayed the Same
New

0. GrandShad -

1. E2C | DarkShad - :4ryu::4shulk: +6
2. cG| Katakiri - :4mewtwo::pt: 0

3. E2C | 8FP H-Man - :4samus: +2

4. E2C | Colinies - :4fox: +2

5. AT | CrazyColorz5 - :rosalina::4palutena: +3

6. BxA | Munenori - :4mario::4diddy: New!

7. BxA | TekNo - :4rob::4sheik: -3

8. AT | Karinole - :rosalina::4bayonetta2: New!(Formerly HM)

9. JT5565 - :4sonic::4falcon:-8

10. BxA | EMPEROR Eevee - :4kirby::4bayonetta: New!

Honorable Mentions:
*Cilvanis - :4lucas::4mewtwo:
*Protogeist -:4bayonetta::4villager:
*QD - :4lucario:
*TS | Xane -:4metaknight::4sheik:
*Zareidriel - :4robinf:

Tournament Period:
This period was from:
Apr 2016 - Jul 2016

The next period will be...
Late Jul 2016 - Nov 2016

Closing:

Yet again, an amazing season and showing from all the players in this great state. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us as I feel that we are slowly, but surely getting Ohio on the map. Let's show everyone why we are "The Hornet's nest of the Midwest" and why they shouldn't poke at us.

Epilogue:

-DarkShad gains control of the Satsui no Hado, using it to his advantage and climbs to the top of the PR as #1. But, how long will he be able to keep it at bay? Only time will tell.

- While retaining his #2 spot, Katakiri's search for a main still continues as he returns Mewtwo back to Cinnabar Island and leaves the Kanto Region for a new journey in the world of Fire Emblem. What lies in store w/ this newly made decision?

-H-Man continues on in his Smash travels, gaining control of NEOH, securing the #3 spot and teaching people the ways of the "EightFold Path" through his Samus play.

-With school out of the way, nothing was stopping Colinies from staying active during "The Summer of Smash". Using Fox, he was able to perfect pivot and shine his way up 2 spots, placing him at #4.

-A former Brawl PR'd player, formerly know as "King Beef", has returned w/ a new name! Munenori makes his return to the Ohio PR, leaving Peach behind at her castle(His brawl main) and bring Mario w/ him to the #6 spot. #GODKAIS !

-While times have been slightly hard for the King of Chaos, TekNo, he was able to stay on the PR, moving to the #7 spot. As looks above him, he sees the NEOH players who once were below him. Rest assured, the King will reclaim his title as best NEOH player, and possibly best Ohio player.

-@KassandraNova is building an army w/ the addition of Karinole and CrazyColorz to her crew, AT. The 2 Ohio Rosa players, using Luma to their advantage, rage Up-air'd their way through the PR; #8 and #5 respectively.

-Despite the announcement of 2 new Sonic titles, JT has been weakened as he drops down to the #9 spot. Is this a sign of what is to come w/ the Sonic games or will JT and Sega bounce back from this downfall?

-After years of PATIENCE and DETERMINATION, the Emperor of Kanto finally succeeds in unlocking the portal to the "PR Realm" by claiming the #10 spot. Only question is, how long will he survive in this new realm?

Facebook Smash Groups:

Cincinnati - https://www.facebook.com/groups/cincysmash/

NEOH/PGH - https://www.facebook.com/groups/PghNeohSmash4/

Columbus - https://www.facebook.com/groups/columbussmash4/

Ohio Smash 4 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/706380352829505/?fref=nf

Last edited:

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I honestly want Fox and Shulk's places switched around for me next time. Fox is my main and I've secured more wins with him than Shulk.

EMPEROR Eevee

Smash Cadet
UPDATED: ITT posted in our PR Chat and said the end of October will mark the end of our PR's 2nd season! Absol will also be given the chance to make the PR since they now fully recognize him as one of Ohio's Players.

EMPEROR Eevee

Smash Cadet
I will be "Officially" updating this PR thread a week after Bourbon State Smash: Barrel Blast/Final Round. The PR image the so called "Ohio Panelist" came up with has nothing to truly back it, so other players and I have taken it upon ourselves to actually count tournaments that truly show how strong a player is, rather than just basing the results on weeklies/local events(whose entrants are almost always the same w/ no OoS or Region competition showing.)

Crazycolorz5

Smash Rookie
NNID
Crazycolorz5
""* Tournament Performance

It's not about how high a person placed, but rather who they defeated and who they lost to. Rankings take into consideration a person's collective performances over history and of recent times. These"""

Please update; no longer true under new committee. Also I object to having the A button as my secondary; if anything, make it Palutena :p.

EMPEROR Eevee

Smash Cadet
""* Tournament Performance

It's not about how high a person placed, but rather who they defeated and who they lost to. Rankings take into consideration a person's collective performances over history and of recent times. These"""

Please update; no longer true under new committee. Also I object to having the A button as my secondary; if anything, make it Palutena :p.
The word "Just" is missing. Stop being a smart ass.

Kratogans

Smash Rookie
Lets go Hman! Maybe you wont appear on the next ranking but try it! i want to see you in more tournaments :)

Top Bottom