• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 5/22!] Project M + BrawlEX: A starter's guide

a purple dragon

Smash Rookie
Hi, I have a rather important question. So I have the play as dark character codes, and they work perfectly fine in Subspace, All Star, and all the other gamemodes, but when it comes to Training, or a regular match the game straight up softlocks. What's even weirder is that it only seems like Zelda actually works (at least from what I've tested) in all gamemodes.

TheMajesticMrL

Smash Rookie
Likewise having the same issue as heckling0. I posted on a couple of subreddits about it but never got an answer. Guess I'll copy+paste to clarify a bit more.

Basically my plan was I wanted to add Zero from this mod: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=217420
Following these two tutorials, I have everything set up perfectly. Zero is set to fighter 78 instead of 40 in the video and his cosmetics are set to 147 instead of 123, yet every time I select him and select a stage, it freezes on the "Ready to fight!" screen. The mod author said in the readme that if it doesn't load to try lowering model textures. I was unsure how to do that, so I tried importing a different model but it still froze after selecting a stage.

I followed those tutorials exactly to the best of my ability. I'm using an actual Wii with Homebrew installed as opposed to Dolphin, could that be the reason? Is it a Legacy XP thing?

Last edited:

Gabbi_Tabby

Smash Rookie
I'm bumping this because there's literally no other thread like this and this one has more recent comments. It's also because I followed this specific tutorial. I even made a thread of my own issue that I'm having, but I haven't gotten any replies for the couple days it's been up.

I have an issue. I have followed the tutorial numerous times. I eventually got my character to show up on the CSS, I can hover over the character, even select it and select a stage, but as soon as I load in the stage, I get dolphin errors and the game doesn't continue. The only thing that closely resembles this issue I have in the Troubleshooting part is saying that the game will continue to run after or during the dolphin errors (I'm not sure which because it's not the issue I have.) I've checked and I have no extra colours checked for costumes. If anybody has the time, can you help me out here?

BenDOver

Smash Rookie
Sooo, pokemon trainer is a character with 3 different characters on the same slot. Would it be possible to do the same with another character? Like Link for example, the first 3 costumes would be normal, and his other 3 would be a different character. This thread is a few years old but it was the best one I could find.

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
+if anyone here could assist me in adding characters to an already made build would be greatly appreciated
Bump to 2020 because I still mod and am an animator, but have been wanting this question answered along with a few stray others.

MJFeehan

Smash Rookie
Even though it's been a while, I have a question, is it possible to replace an existing character's Victory Name to something else? (Like replacing Lucario with Scott Pilgrim) I'm using Project M 3.6.

robbie.murgado

Smash Rookie
I’ve been trying to add a goku clone over pit, but there are a few graphical errors and crashes that I can’t seem to get around. I’ve restarted the build twice just to see if I made a mistake somewhere but I ended with the same issues.
1. The name that goes over the csp shows up as a square white box.
2. There are random crashes much more frequently while playing than before I add the character.

NickD

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
NICK#751
NNID
suppern1
3DS FC
2896-1330-2335
Switch FC
SW-5131-5869-0024
Hi, I am currently having difficulties with loading into a match with my ex character I have tried editing the module, adding stock icons to misc data 90, and making sure the file size limit was below 3.79 Mb. Any suggestions?

N..

Smash Rookie
Reviving an old thread. I'm trying to mod Project M Remix edition but I'm having trouble at the Modules step. All of the .rel files I've opened with the Module Editor only have up to 6 sections, and the 6th section has no data. The rest of them say null. Here's a screenshot:

Thanks for the tutorial btw. I really appreciate it.

Top Bottom