• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

Abnormal Adept

Smash Rookie
NNID
AbnormalAdept
i believe u can mute the game but have only the hit and voice sounds. then u can insert your own uncopyrighted music

Abnormal Adept

Smash Rookie
NNID
AbnormalAdept
yo Cyjorg Cyjorg did u see this???!!! breakthrough in old tech

im so hype rn. being a super big smash fanatic im so hype rn

they got 24 characters, 4 of them being conker, banjo, goemon, and rayman, 8 new stages including omega dreamland and this skeleton stage, 25 new items as well. THIS IS SO DOPE. looks like that picture i posted a while back is really coming true. srry for the spam. the hype cannot be contained

Last edited:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
yo Cyjorg Cyjorg did u see this???!!! breakthrough in old tech
Please edit out that link, the guy responsible has violated fair use by distributing the Smash Bros game directly. He's also taking funding for a commercial project which is highly illegal. He has to make it purely educational and not redistribute the game it's self or carts. It's only legal for him to take donation if it's educational and not commercial. I recommended he make a site/forums dedicated to this rom hack where he shows documentation and allows community input.

I've told the developers multiple times what they're doing is illegal and even suggested alternatives to avoid legal issues. They insisted on removing my messages and lying about taking "precautions" for legal issues. This doesn't even get into the ethical issue of making money off someone's licensed product. There are loopholes to this as I stated, but they've chosen to dismiss and ignore this. It appears as if they're only after money, a ridiculous amount for a rom hack project.

Last edited:

Abnormal Adept

Smash Rookie
NNID
AbnormalAdept
good call. thanks. and yeah i knew he shouldnt be asking for money. techincally hes asking for donations, not selling it other than the cart in the future

Uair

Banned via Warnings
good call. thanks. and yeah i knew he shouldnt be asking for money. techincally hes asking for donations, not selling it other than the cart in the future
Doesn't matter, if the donations are affiliated with the project in anyway it's a violation of the fair use doctrine. He's went as far as starting a kickstarter and claiming donations will help with developement. Sadly this is illegal, and justfiably so. If he were to redistribute a rom patch just containing his modifications, and showed some documentation for future reference then he could pass this off as educational usage and recieve donations.

Abnormal Adept

Smash Rookie
NNID
AbnormalAdept
ok yeah u right

ive been thinking. since the dmca copyright law applies to the US being it is a us law, it wouldnt apply to the dude making smash overload right? u can tell hes in mexico cause hes asking for MX. just asking

Last edited by a moderator:

FranktheFrankman

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone,

Just got a started playing 0.11 19XXTE after I have been using the original smash game for years. Loving the development. I hope it continues, I know this thread isn't the most active, but I just want to throw my 2 cents into the hat. Also, I will be testing the 0.11 on the original N64 system.

First of all, loving everything so far. Pretty much everything added has been an additional feature to the original game, and not taking it away (with the exception of single player, and certain maps replacing others, but that is understandable). However, there are a few things I want to bring up:

1 Are their no items in version 0.11? The debug menu is replacing the items menu, and besides the star and heart, the other items seem to be missing from this list. I know items aren't considered "competitive" but by removing this big feature of the the original game, it kind of hinders the greatness that 19XXTE could be. Having the ability to still add items to matches, if you want, is huge in my opinion. I find many of the items add interesting aspects to matches. I also like that they add a new ability to the games, throwing items. Obviously for competitions, this feature could/would be turned off. I just know lots of my casual friends will ***** about 19XXTE not having this feature and would rather just play the original Smash 64 so they can include items.

2. Going off of number 1, if there are items in 0.11, how am I suppose to know? There is no guide to the game, not that it needs to be super in depth, but a change log from the original game would be very cool and would help users navigate the 0.11 game. Things like tournament mode, I don't know what changes that actually does to matchs. A simple guide would be very helpful information.

3. I read through the history of this post and saw it spoken before, but I just want to reiterate that adding Giant DK, Metal Mario, and Master Hand as alternative CHARACTERS (not costumes) which can be accessed by switching the characters costumes would be really awesome. It would add new spice to matches (and yes I know it wouldn't be used for competitions. Just the additional feature makes causal games with friends that much more fun). Master hand could maybe be a costume option of jigglypuff. Having 3v1 games against a giant character would be pretty silly.

4. I haven't seen this spoken before, but a NO THROWS option would be really cool. I know 64 smash isn't that balanced, but when my friends and I play, we always say, no throws, as our rule. It seems to balance things better, since ness and other characters can really abuse throws, and getting KO'ed by a throw is soooo lame. Having an actual option to do that in the menu would be really cool. Maybe even turning off everyone throws except DK because suicides with DK are great. :)

5. Turning off hazards on maps would be really great too. Everyone hates that stupid tornado on Zelda's stage. And turning off the wind would be cool too. Again, not competitive, but having the OPTION to do so would be great. Casual players would also enjoy this game more. It can benefit everyone, and this game can be in more hands if you add this cool feature (among the others). And the fact that it is an OPTION doesn't take away from the competitive nature of the game, it only adds to the game as a whole.

6. Less laggy 4 player games would be cool. I know its probably really difficult to do, but if possible it would be cool.

Things like Japanese characters or new characters are NOT something I'm looking for. I think its a waste of time to work on those. Maybe once ALL the above features are included, then I guess that option could be added, but it seems like a waste of time to me.

I hope my message didn't come across as harsh, because I didn't mean it that way. You guys are doing awesome work. I wish I knew how to code (and had the time) to help the cause. If the above 6 features are being worked on, I would love to make a hefty donation to those working on it, since I know how hard it is to work on this. And I'll continue to test the game out with my friends.

Keep up the good work!!

Last edited:

Yoshi22xxx

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm new to this forum and I have a few questions about the texture hacking process that Cyjorg explained on page 7. I'm using Subdrags Universal N64 Decompressor due to the fact that the Zoinkitty Decompresser/Recompressor link HERE is actually down. Subdrags works as it does extract and decompress the yaz0 files but for alot of them, no matter what tile editor/ codec I use, the images appear slotted at best even after Word-Swapping the hex data. Any help would be awesome thanks!

G-Unit

Smash Cadet
If possible, could you please add these features to the next update?

• Regulation settings (On uses attack sounds and BeamSword sounds from US/PAL versions, while Off uses the JP version sounds instead)
  • Voice Language settings (English uses the JIgglypuff/Pokémon's English voices and mutes Fox's Japanese lines, while Japanese uses Jigglypuff/Pokémon's Japanese voices and leaves Fox's Japanese lines intact)
  • +Control Pad being used in gameplay to trigger Smash attacks; this is useful on Hori Mini and Brawler 64 controllers.
  • L, R or Z on the Stage Select screen to change pages, having every stage usable.
  • Quick Start option. Turning this on removes the countdown, just like in the Bonus Stages.
  • Custom Shield colors. Red/Green/Blue/Black is the default for 1P/2P/3P/4P, but you can use Top C or C Down on the CSS to change the shield colors, and the Z button to check the current shield color.
  • 19XX TE Information and copyright screen if game starts with no controllers connected. (I think the "NO CONTROLLER" screen is just a single picture and not a set of sprites/animations)

Abnormal Adept

Smash Rookie
NNID
AbnormalAdept
ur point with smash atks mapped to the d pad will never happen unfortunately. he said that he will not change gameplay in any way

MaximusSmash64

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone,

Just got a started playing 0.11 19XXTE after I have been using the original smash game for years. Loving the development. I hope it continues, I know this thread isn't the most active, but I just want to throw my 2 cents into the hat. Also, I will be testing the 0.11 on the original N64 system.

First of all, loving everything so far. Pretty much everything added has been an additional feature to the original game, and not taking it away (with the exception of single player, and certain maps replacing others, but that is understandable). However, there are a few things I want to bring up:

3. I read through the history of this post and saw it spoken before, but I just want to reiterate that adding Giant DK, Metal Mario, and Master Hand as alternative CHARACTERS (not costumes) which can be accessed by switching the characters costumes would be really awesome. It would add new spice to matches (and yes I know it wouldn't be used for competitions. Just the additional feature makes causal games with friends that much more fun). Master hand could maybe be a costume option of jigglypuff. Having 3v1 games against a giant character would be pretty silly.

4. I haven't seen this spoken before, but a NO THROWS option would be really cool. I know 64 smash isn't that balanced, but when my friends and I play, we always say, no throws, as our rule. It seems to balance things better, since ness and other characters can really abuse throws, and getting KO'ed by a throw is soooo lame. Having an actual option to do that in the menu would be really cool. Maybe even turning off everyone throws except DK because suicides with DK are great. :)

Keep up the good work!!
Im new over here too, got the rom working on Everdrive 64, however looks like this project is incompleted and/or dead.
Im glad all the job this guys done on this, however few things i think its a must:
1) Fix Score!!! Looks weird all Players having 0 KO´s at the end of the match, this makes guess the winner to wrong player!
2) Its a nice touch add a polygon character for each character, would be nice to add Metal mario and Giant DK as well, also add their respective resistance(handicap) to make them even hard as on 1P mode. Master hand would be a plus, but just for fun.
3) Items, yes!! Make them back as usual, looks like the menu can be larger so can set all items as well
4) I miss sector Z, instead of replace with, cant extend the map seleccion via trigger? Like holding UP when selecting a map...?

Hope people still alive :)

Thepuffbair

Smash Rookie
Is there any possibility I can get just the rom, I'm using only a phone and I don't have a computer on me

Last edited:

Machow8

Smash Rookie
I have some suggestions for this and/or other Smash 64 rom hacks/patches:

Modular patches: where we can select what we wanna patch in rom .

When in stages selection screen, there could be a patch for when someone press 'L' or 'R' buttons, switch between screens, where one is the default (which have the 9 playble and random selection option) and other have the normally unplayble stages in multiplayer mode (like Dream Land Beta 1 and 2, How To Play Demo, Yoshi's Island without Clouds, Metal Cavern, Battlefield and Final Destination - maybe the Race to the Finish stage too).

Something like what is described on previous paragraph of this text/message, but for Characters Selection Screen. What can be done too, which is almost done on this rom hack, is make all normally unplayable characters like Porygons, Metal Mario, Giant DK and Master Hand be chosen to be played as each of them.

Note: a fix code for Master Hand should be nice, since is annoying to restart the game after it crashed due to Master Hand's HP reach 0. And a fix code for when we finish a match with said unplayable characters, result screen bugs, so, a code which let us skip this screen and send us to character screen again is welcome.

Thanks. =]

dav3yb

Smash Journeyman
Is this mod still active?

I noticed over on reddit, someone was making some custom stages, and made the Great Plateau stage from Ultimate in 64. It looked neat, although it was a giant cave. Might be cool if replacing some of the existing stages that aren't quite as good would be possible.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
19XXTE 0.11 plays great on the EverDrive 64. Nice having access to the extra stages like Final Destination and Battlefield too.

Gotmilk0112

Smash Apprentice
I can't get 19xx CE to load. PJ64 says "Emulation Started" but nothing happens. I can load previous versions of the hack just fine, but the newest version doesn't work at all.

Falco_DJ

Smash Apprentice
Gotmilk0112 Gotmilk0112 Crazy Hand 2001 Crazy Hand 2001 Did you use Xdelta to patch the rom? If Xdelta isn't a working than try "Rom Patcher" on android. If this still doesn't work try using an different emulator such as, Mupen64 or Retroarch. Use the patch that I've included here, it's the latest version & and it comes with xdelta.

Attachments

Last edited:

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
Gotmilk0112 Gotmilk0112 Crazy Hand 2001 Crazy Hand 2001 Did you use Xdelta to patch the rom? If Xdelta isn't a working than try "Rom Patcher" on android. If this still doesn't work try using an different emulator such as, Mupen64 or Retroarch. Use the patch that I've included here, it's the latest version & and it comes with xdelta.
I tried your link but it didn't seem to work, then it initially worked on Mupen64 before freezing. Thank you

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
Well I'm double posting to get you another notification, but I find Mupen a bit too slow and finicky, so I want to see if I can get it on project 64.

Falco_DJ

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm double posting to get you another notification, but I find Mupen a bit too slow and finicky, so I want to see if I can get it on project 64.
Sorry it's so late! I've been busy today. I'll reply tomorrow but, I don't currently have my PC I should be getting a new one soon and then I can test things out. So your best bet is probably to contact the developer. :)

Last edited:

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
Sorry it's so late! I've been busy today. I'll reply tomorrow but, I don't currently have my PC I should be getting a new one soon and then I can test things out. So your best bet is probably to contact the developer. :)
The link you sent me should work but it uses winzip and winzip always tells me to subscribe to their service when I feel like their service is **** which makes me not want to spend money.

I already used up my free trial so I wouldn't mind getting a free winzip code or something

Falco_DJ

Smash Apprentice
The link you sent me should work but it uses winzip and winzip always tells me to subscribe to their service when I feel like their service is **** which makes me not want to spend money.

I already used up my free trial so I wouldn't mind getting a free winzip code or something
I've never used Winzip before. A program like 7zip or WinRar should work fine. (I recommend 7zip)

Top Bottom