• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
The other idea was disabling pause in vs mode, or maybe switching pause to left dpad or something?
Probably a good idea. Saw some dude at a tournament with his start button taken out to avoid hitting it while he was DIing.

So uh, what about button remapping? Can you create a toggle to allow people to remap the buttons? Or maybe just move the start button to a little bit less offensive position? My favorite is left dpad.

rip sk i thought you would just suggest removing

but I'd also like to remap taunt to right c button.
Will remap Start for sure. As dumb as having L for taunt is, I don't want to start messing with custom controls too much.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I'd like to add that the derek stick fixes are all in the wrong spot. I originally had them in the bottom four but textured them to the top. So anyone claiming they worked was in fact placeboed.

caneut

Smash Ace
I'd like to add that the derek stick fixes are all in the wrong spot. I originally had them in the bottom four but textured them to the top. So anyone claiming they worked was in fact placeboed.
Def start > dpadleft for sure, but just hoping for the L thing. It's easily an advantage for Hori users (see tacos) for platform movement, and I have a lot of fun making it C right online.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
This hack freezes on the wii emulator not64, the latest build (20160420). I'm not sure is there's a way to enable a debug log though. If there is, please let me know how.
Information for Not64 users: 19XXTE 0.11 Dev Actually WORKS in Not64 latest release (2016-04-20)
To make it work properly, load the game as usual, before start playing go to Settings and change CPU Core to Pure Interpreter. Start the game and you will notice it goes slow as hell. Just after it booted correctly go to Settings and change again CPU Core to Dynarec.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Information for Not64 users: 19XXTE 0.11 Dev Actually WORKS in Not64 latest release (2016-04-20)
To make it work properly, load the game as usual, before start playing go to Settings and change CPU Core to Pure Interpreter. Start the game and you will notice it goes slow as hell. Just after it booted correctly go to Settings and change again CPU Core to Dynarec.
Did the devs tell you to do this?

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
Did the devs tell you to do this?
No, I found out for myself while messing with the options so 0.11 could boot. HOWEVER. These steps are for booting the game. This DOES NOT fix the framerate issue. Maybe this last thing is improper emulation itself. I asked them in their thread if there is a way to solve the issue but hadn't received any reply yet.

Jayr

Smash Cadet
Jorgasms worked really hard on this project. Pretty sure this is not dead. Just give him some time to relax and unwind and he'll be back stronger than before. No need to hurry up things.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
It's not dead. I just don't have any controversial features to discuss. Everything in the works right now will be enjoyed universally so I don't really need the feedback on ideas. Obviously keep posting things you'd like to see; I'm listening I promise.

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
i didnt mean project m dead. im known to word thing horribly sometiimes so srry for dat. i ment wat jorgz said thb

GFD

Smash Cadet
Perhaps it would be useful for the debug menu's input display to be accessible somehow? Though, anyone capable of running 19XXTE is also capable of running a joystick test ROM. But it could be useful for showing the exact effects of the stick hack toggles.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
It's not dead. I just don't have any controversial features to discuss. Everything in the works right now will be enjoyed universally so I don't really need the feedback on ideas. Obviously keep posting things you'd like to see; I'm listening I promise.
Could you add a Hitstun indicator/state as a toggle? It would be useful along with Hitbox Mode to practice and be aware of when a character remains in hitstun and when is able to react. Would be cool if this could be implemented for training purposes.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Perhaps it would be useful for the debug menu's input display to be accessible somehow? Though, anyone capable of running 19XXTE is also capable of running a joystick test ROM. But it could be useful for showing the exact effects of the stick hack toggles.
I'm not sure I know how to access that but I'll look into it I guess

Could you add a Hitstun indicator/state as a toggle? It would be useful along with Hitbox Mode to practice and be aware of when a character remains in hitstun and when is able to react. Would be cool if this could be implemented for training purposes.
I attempted this and failed. I'll come back to it at some point.

Icecapman10

Smash Rookie
NNID
icecap10
I've been playing with this mod and I love it. I really like the new alts. and the ability to choose the Fighting Polygon Team. Will you add Metal Mario?

The Star King

Smash Hero
is it possible to have a combo meter in vs mode, like what they do in melee where they use the timer to display it?

JK9000

Smash Rookie
Hey, Guys :D
I wanted to say first, that I love you for starting an SSB64 Hscking Project (I was searching long enough for such Project...)

And then I have 2 questions:
1. Is the 1. post on this thread up to date, or is there a newer version of 19XXTE available?
2. Could you make some kind of tutorial or a few explanations about hacking SSB64 (with asm), because you can't find a good one reffering to a N64-Game. So it would be great if you could show us some basic programming stuff :)

EonGenesis

Smash Cadet
Is there a VC version of this being worked on? Also are we having HD textures soon as well?

Madao

Well you could start by testing 4 players in training mode on console. On emulator, I noticed that training mode is less resource intensive, I imagine the same is true on console. If someone can confirm it helps noticeably, I'll look into stage modification stuff.

Also are we having HD textures soon as well?
HD textures is not possible for an N64 game.

Could you make some kind of tutorial or a few explanations about hacking SSB64 (with asm), because you can't find a good one reffering to a N64-Game. So it would be great if you could show us some basic programming stuff :)
I got started with http://orbitaldecay.com/N64/index.html .

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Is there a VC version of this being worked on? Also are we having HD textures soon as well?
Looking to change code to get it working on VC but there are so many ways to break VC it's dumb. Every WAD is a very minimalist emulator so various things will almost certainly not work. We'll see.

No I'm not working on one of the most requested features after having said that I'll work on it.

Hey, Guys :D
I wanted to say first, that I love you for starting an SSB64 Hscking Project (I was searching long enough for such Project...)

And then I have 2 questions:
1. Is the 1. post on this thread up to date, or is there a newer version of 19XXTE available?
2. Could you make some kind of tutorial or a few explanations about hacking SSB64 (with asm), because you can't find a good one reffering to a N64-Game. So it would be great if you could show us some basic programming stuff :)
This post is up to date.

That tutorial is the tutorial I read first as well. It's very, very good and I'd start there for sure.

Becoming an expert won't happen overnight. You'll have to dedicate time and slowly learn. If I just told you how to approach situations based on my experience, you'd never learn anything and you'd just continue to ask me questions. "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime." I'm trying to come up with a tutorial that will get people thinking and I will. Just give me time. Working towards 1.0 is more important atm

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
is turbo mode possible like just the attacking part not even visual cue or the purple sayan effect thing

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Sure they are, just expand the rom. If it lags just scale down the resolution.

(On console, on emulator of course HD textures would be possible, but patching them to the rom and putting it on cartridge is what I was thinking about)

Last edited:

Oej

Smash Rookie
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you <3

Y.Greek

Smash Rookie
So the Rom works fine on my laptop but I only get a blank screen and the dreamland song on my everdrive. Any way I can fix this?

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
nope btw the most current one shouldnt do that. .10 is blank. .11 should work

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
nope btw the most current one shouldnt do that. .10 is blank. .11 should work
This Y.Greek Y.Greek

C caneut I don't think lagless teams are going to happen at least by disabling AA. We thought it was dreamland but we were wrong. Battlefield drops tons a bunch of frames as well (although not as many). I'll be exploring other ideas but I think it'd be wise not to expect much.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
This Y.Greek Y.Greek

C caneut I don't think lagless teams are going to happen at least by disabling AA. We thought it was dreamland but we were wrong. Battlefield drops tons a bunch of frames as well (although not as many). I'll be exploring other ideas but I think it'd be wise not to expect much.
Well then... that's bad news thought.
How about *less laggy* doubles/teams?

caneut

Smash Ace
Well then... that's bad news thought.
How about *less laggy* doubles/teams?
This Y.Greek Y.Greek

Does removing the sprites for whispy / flowers / bushes / puddles in the background of dreamland not do anything? The background? knite said hitbox mode causes less lag.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Does removing the sprites for whispy / flowers / bushes / puddles in the background of dreamland not do anything? The background? knite said hitbox mode causes less lag.
I have concrete data for frame drops on Barrlefield and Dreamland that proves the game lags even with two people. By changing anything, the game literally plays differently with 2p as well. I'm not sure how to fix this or if I should. Honestly I'd discourage the OC as well if you want your singles setup to play the same.

Dream Land (items on)

AA On
2p 96 (~19/min)
3p 889 (~188/min)
4p 1797 (~360/min)
AA Off
2p 11 (~2/min)
3p 326 (~65/min)
4p 1214 (~243/min)

Battlefield (items off)

AA On
4p 1684 (~337/min)
AA Off
4p 1177 (~235/min)

Dream Land (items off)
AA Dreamland
4p 3044 (~609/min)
AA Off
4p 1918 (~384/min)

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I have concrete data for frame drops on Barrlefield and Dreamland that proves the game lags even with two people. By changing anything, the game literally plays differently with 2p as well. I'm not sure how to fix this or if I should. Honestly I'd discourage the OC as well if you want your singles setup to play the same.

Dream Land (items on)

AA On
2p 96 (~19/min)
3p 889 (~188/min)
4p 1797 (~360/min)
AA Off
2p 11 (~2/min)
3p 326 (~65/min)
4p 1214 (~243/min)

Battlefield (items off)

AA On
4p 1684 (~337/min)
AA Off
4p 1177 (~235/min)

Dream Land (items off)
AA Dreamland
4p 3044 (~609/min)
AA Off
4p 1918 (~384/min)

Uair

Banned via Warnings
If I patch every single texture from a SM64 HD texture pack directly to the rom then port it to cart and play it N64, that it won't work?

F zero Climax rom hack addressed this issue, the guy who made that rom hack talked about this before. If I had the hardware I'd test it just to prove "HD textures on N64 hardware". I doubt it would even lag, this isn't like Gamecube games where the textures have a huge impact on load speeds or something. (Not entirely sure, but I'm 99% sure the N64 hardware can handle just about any texture only change you make, even with games like Zelda)

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
If I patch every single texture from a SM64 HD texture pack directly to the rom then port it to cart and play it N64, that it won't work?

F zero Climax rom hack addressed this issue, the guy who made that rom hack talked about this before. If I had the hardware I'd test it just to prove "HD textures on N64 hardware". I doubt it would even lag, this isn't like Gamecube games where the textures have a huge impact on load speeds or something. (Not entirely sure, but I'm 99% sure the N64 hardware can handle just about any texture only change you make, even with games like Zelda)
Your definition of HD and mine are not the same

Top Bottom