• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

onski?

Smash Ace
mad love to Jorgasms for all the hard work. maiden voyage of my Everdrive + 19XXTE will be tonight at the LAS house. i undoubtedly will have questions later

tehz

Smash Apprentice
tehz tehz do you understand what needs to happen in order to "flush cache" if that's the right term.

edit: jk the source you linked in your file is really helpful in explaining what's happening with cache. I should have it working tonight after my smashfest (hopefully)
Yeah, that giant PDF is amazing. I am really confused as to why the os functions won't work, as it they seem relatively simple once you start to wrap your head around the weirdness of the cache. So, the problem must be somewhere deep or really hard to debug. (I have code that works perfect in nemu, but crashes on console, but that crashes on a different frame in mupenplus/bizhawk. What am I suppose to do about that ...?)

Good luck, I can't wait to play the new version of 19XX tomorrow!

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
yo jorgs in laymans terms what is rpeventing u from relesing .1?
Ok so I write code that loads from the end of the rom and it's directly inserted after that function. It works the first time flawlessly. However, the CPU saves the function I load elsewhere after it runs once. No matter what I write, the code is saved and can't be changed unless I mess with the saved code.

Step 1:
Jump to custom function
-
Function that loads code
Free space
Free space

Step 2:
Jump to custom function
-
Function that loads code
Custom costumes function
Return to original function

--

Step 3 (ideal):
Jump to custom function
-
Function that loads code
Hit box function

Step 3 (actual):
Jump to custom function
-
Function that loads code
Custom costumes function

iMario

Smash Cadet
NNID
iStarFox
Do you think it's possible to share the rom? I can't seem to patch it because I have a Mac, I'm using Wine to open the files but when I get to Patch Rom, it doesn't save and it just crashes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do you think it's possible to share the rom? I can't seem to patch it because I have a Mac, I'm using Wine to open the files but when I get to Patch Rom, it doesn't save and it just crashes.
technically, that is illegal

Uair

Banned via Warnings
just use vmachine

Cray Z

Smash Rookie
Have you ever tried to make it so every character can taunt cancel with their audio such as fox / kirby?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I hate emulators. So few of them emulate the N64 hardware correctly which leaves me with a bunch of solutions that work on console but not in every emulator.

I won't be releasing 0.10 until I get a build that works universally. I apologize for the delay.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
I hate emulators. So few of them emulate the N64 hardware correctly which leaves me with a bunch of solutions that work on console but not in every emulator.

I won't be releasing 0.10 until I get a build that works universally. I apologize for the delay.
Well, most people use Project64 1.7 or 2.x (non netplay) because they are the most stable. Almost everyone uses Project64k to play online, and also uses mupen64k for the same purpose, but the latter is more efficient as it is more compatible with more games and doesn't crash much often like the former.
Then there are the people who play the wad on Dolphin. Another very stable and up to date Wii/GC Emulator.
And finally those who can play the wad in Wii console, like me, since I can't afford an everdrive.
Point is, there are a lot of emulators. Which emulator is giving you the most of the troubles?

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Well, most people use Project64 1.7 or 2.x (non netplay) because they are the most stable. Almost everyone uses Project64k to play online, and also uses mupen64k for the same purpose, but the latter is more efficient as it is more compatible with more games and doesn't crash much often like the former.
Then there are the people who play the wad on Dolphin. Another very stable and up to date Wii/GC Emulator.
And finally those who can play the wad in Wii console, like me, since I can't afford an everdrive.
Point is, there are a lot of emulators. Which emulator is giving you the most of the troubles?
Dolphin and Project 64 are pretty terrible at accurately emulating console hardware. The most recent solution I had (that works flawlessly on Nemu and Console) is jumping to uncached memory (cached ram addresses are 80XXXXXX and uncached are A0XXXXXX). However, branching to anything with A0XXXXXX causes a crash in both Dolphin and Project 64.

I've ran across other issues too like RAM space not existing in dolphin when it should (which is why 19XX doesn't work on Dolphin currently).

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
oh well then nvm, just to make things clear, Dolphin uses the same emulation method as the Wii Virtual Console?

Madao

Dolphin and Project 64 are pretty terrible at accurately emulating console hardware. The most recent solution I had (that works flawlessly on Nemu and Console) is jumping to uncached memory (cached ram addresses are 80XXXXXX and uncached are A0XXXXXX). However, branching to anything with A0XXXXXX causes a crash in both Dolphin and Project 64.

I've ran across other issues too like RAM space not existing in dolphin when it should (which is why 19XX doesn't work on Dolphin currently).
This issue has intrigued me. I'd like to test this out on a few emulators and also see if I can fix the problem.

Out of curiousity, what is the advantage of branching to A0XXXXXX? I'm slowly learning more about the N64's hardware.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
This issue has intrigued me. I'd like to test this out on a few emulators and also see if I can fix the problem.

Out of curiousity, what is the advantage of branching to A0XXXXXX? I'm slowly learning more about the N64's hardware.
80000000 is cached. A0000000 isn't. Branching there makes it so I don't have to worry about invalidating the functions I transfer into RAM via DMA after they've ran.

Dealing with cache sucks.

Edit: heads up you can't just use a jump instruction to jump to A0XXXXXX. You have to do something like this

Lui gp, $a080
Ori gp, gp, $10ec
Jr gp

Last edited:

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
first of all take ur time 2nd as a suggestion maybe for now make an emu compatible then a dol/wad ciompatible? but gj take ur time

TimSin

Smash Cadet
Hey can someone help me with getting the actual rom/wad file? After I patched my SSB rom, I first tried on Project64 and it didn't work (microcode error or something like that). When I try to inject it into a Wii WAD file, the injector says that it's too big to patch. Any help? Idk if it's the patch that went wrong or the emulator or the wad injector. Please help? I would also appreciate a link to a direct download to the rom or wad but idk about the legality of that and if people would want to do it. Preferrably the WAD instead of the rom.
PS I've heard of people who have made WADs of this to download, but they are outdated, I want the WAD of the latest version.

Last edited:

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
btw its illegal to begin with but im not releasing the link publicly (its not a link actually ;) )

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
Hey can someone help me with getting the actual rom/wad file? After I patched my SSB rom, I first tried on Project64 and it didn't work (microcode error or something like that). When I try to inject it into a Wii WAD file, the injector says that it's too big to patch. Any help? Idk if it's the patch that went wrong or the emulator or the wad injector. Please help? I would also appreciate a link to a direct download to the rom or wad but idk about the legality of that and if people would want to do it. Preferrably the WAD instead of the rom.
PS I've heard of people who have made WADs of this to download, but they are outdated, I want the WAD of the latest version.
The latest version (0.9G) doesn't work when injected into a WAD, PM me and I just might help you out.

D

Deleted member

please don't discuss illegally distributing ROMs either...
he has every right to, as well as anyone else. in fact, this thread should be deleted, as you're doing nothing but encouraging the use of an ILLEGAL rom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zantetsu

Smash Master
he has every right to, as well as anyone else.
Just like he has the right to politely ask him not to do it in his thread. That's a stupid thing to say.

in fact, this thread should be deleted, as you're doing nothing but encouraging the use of an ILLEGAL rom.
No, there is nowhere in this thread where he is encouraging the use of an illegal ROM. Even so, he has not provided one to anybody, so he's clear in terms of legality. His mod is 100% legal, and how people go about getting their original SSB ROMs in order to apply his mod is none of his concern, and he's not liable for any of that.

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
"Unable to detect microcode settings
microcodeID $F6445076
Rom"
click okay and then
"while processing graphics data an exception occurred
you may need to restart the emulator"
clicking okay brings up the first error, and repeat until I decide to end the task
Using Project 64 1.6, if it's worth noting, I use 3Danalyze 2.36b, but this is merely to fix some texture hiccups that appear in a lot of n64 games.

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
as it should be. encouraging the use of an illegal rom and hacking/modifying someone elses work. yeah no.
I bet you can't wait for the day sakurai pats you on the back for defending the developer's vision of his game, you sure showed those evil romhackers.
Now go shut down smwcentral while you're at it.

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
as it should be. encouraging the use of an illegal rom and hacking/modifying someone elses work. yeah no.
It's clearly not illegal cuz he's not selling it and is not releasing the rom but parts of the rom he moded which is his, not sakurai's. The matter of getting our own rom is where the illegal stuff comes in. Besides extra content is always better than vanilla

Last edited:
Top Bottom