• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
For Super Smash Bros., GLideN64 works pretty well for me. (No, that's not the same thing as Glide64.) You could also use angrylion's pixel-accurate RDP if you have a supercomputer.
didn't know this was a thing. will try it out when I have more time

FOBK

Smash Rookie
i need help. i really want to play this. especially on my Wii emulator. but i cant get the patch to work. BTW huge fan of this rom hack. i hope you do more work on it. i dont have the usb_?.?.xdelta in the 19xx folder.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
i need help. i really want to play this. especially on my Wii emulator. but i cant get the patch to work. BTW huge fan of this rom hack. i hope you do more work on it. i dont have the usb_?.?.xdelta in the 19xx folder.
It should be 19XXTE_?.?.xdelta after the name change

The American Patriot

Smash Rookie
Can the tornados be taken out of Hyrule? Sorry if anybody has already asked this question but I want to know if it's possible.

FTFuller

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know how to play this on project64k? I tried, but there is no n64 file. Is it just that everyone is using another emulator?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Does anyone know how to play this on project64k? I tried, but there is no n64 file. Is it just that everyone is using another emulator?
People SHOULD be using another emulator, but that isn't why it's not working for you in PJ64k. A specific plugin is needed for it to work through emulation and a certain RDB file is needed for it to show up in your rom database for it to be used online.

rdb + plugin pack for kaillera use with 19XXTE_0.9G

http://www.mediafire.com/download/eyawdkbea2kog67

Indefa

Smash Apprentice
Check out the known bugs list in the first post. You need to change your graphics plugin.

Edit:
People SHOULD be using another emulator, but that isn't why it's not working for you in PJ64k. A specific plugin is needed for it to work through emulation and a certain RDB file is needed for it to show up in your rom database for it to be used online.
Damn beat me to it lol

Last edited:

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
i think the fact that he thinks that the community will be "split" is kinda absurd. if u look at 20xxte and project m both mods remove the hazards and are used in tournaments. no complaints. as long as its a toggle the community wont be split

Zantetsu

Smash Master
i think the fact that he thinks that the community will be "split" is kinda absurd. if u look at 20xxte and project m both mods remove the hazards and are used in tournaments. no complaints. as long as its a toggle the community wont be split
There are rarely, if any, tournaments using 20XXTE with it's hazards turned off. The only time I see 20XXTE used at Melee tournaments is it's tournament mode, which doesn't remove the hazards.

Project M isn't even comparable to this mod. It was INTENDED to be a different game then Brawl was.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
There are rarely, if any, tournaments using 20XXTE with it's hazards turned off. The only time I see 20XXTE used at Melee tournaments is it's tournament mode, which doesn't remove the hazards.

Project M isn't even comparable to this mod. It was INTENDED to be a different game then Brawl was.
Nebulous rule set

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
my point is that brawl had some hazardless stgs. pm added more. people complained about brawl hazards but no one complained about pm stgs. ppl wood appreciate no hazard. if u add a toggle it brings the best of both worlds so those who want either or can have both

Uair

Banned via Warnings
my point is that brawl had some hazardless stgs. pm added more. people complained about brawl hazards but no one complained about pm stgs. ppl wood appreciate no hazard. if u add a toggle it brings the best of both worlds so those who want either or can have both
Let's clarify this, we want map specific toggles on hazards.

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
basically so it doesnt split the community cuz u chose with hazards or w/

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
besides if the tournament chosses watever stgs then thats their thing

Zantetsu

Smash Master
why isnt metal mario stage legal? there are no glitches.
No hacked stages are technically "legal" since Everdrives are fairly expensive and it's not necessarily feasible to have 19XX be the new tournament standard. I don't believe there is a universally agreed upon legal stage list for 19XX tournaments, but I'm pretty sure most 19XX tournaments allow Metal Cavern to be legal, as well as many of the other available stages.

I guess an argument against Metal Cavern being legal would be that it's non linear, very small, and has very large boundaries. These aren't my personal arguments, but just some that I have seen brought up against the stage.

Last edited:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
No hacked stages are technically "legal" since Everdrives are fairly expensive and it's not necessarily feasible to have 19XX be the new tournament standard. I don't believe there is a universally agreed upon legal stage list for 19XX tournaments, but I'm pretty sure most 19XX tournaments allow Metal Cavern to be legal, as well as many of the other available stages.

I guess an argument against Metal Cavern being legal would be that it's non linear, very small, and has very large boundaries. These aren't my personal arguments, but just some that I have seen brought up against the stage.
i agree with everything you said EXCEPT

formal typing in a casual setting AND

metal mario sounds better than metal cavern

thanks for your time ;)

Indefa

Smash Apprentice
Cyjorg Cyjorg So there has been quite a heavy despute on the Smash 64 FB group which I'm not sure if you are aware of. It may be asked of you to allow the timer to be set to 6 minutes and possibly 4 stocks default. Just a heads up.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Cyjorg Cyjorg So there has been quite a heavy despute on the Smash 64 FB group which I'm not sure if you are aware of. It may be asked of you to allow the timer to be set to 6 minutes and possibly 4 stocks default. Just a heads up.
I saw that and will do whatever the community asks.

However, why change it? It's changing an arbitrary setting to another arbitrary setting with no argument.

D

Deleted member

I saw that and will do whatever the community asks.

However, why change it? It's changing an arbitrary setting to another arbitrary setting with no argument.
why you no answer my question? ;_;

Indefa

Smash Apprentice
You can change that yourself without having to ask jorgasms for this
I actually didn't realize that changing the timer then swapping back to stock would keep the correct time thanks! But changing it to be the default would be the request he would get IF it became the norm.

p.s I kinda like the idea and think it should defiantly be tried at a few proper tournaments <3

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Fireblaster Fireblaster is 100% correct. just go into the settings menu in the game and change the values to what you want, LOL

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
i rather u ask for something else like camera hack, infinite jump, hit anywhere, or no hazard toggle than that

Indefa

Smash Apprentice
Fireblaster Fireblaster is 100% correct. just go into the settings menu in the game and change the values to what you want, LOL
I actually didn't realize that changing the timer then swapping back to stock would keep the correct time thanks! But changing it to be the default would be the request he would get IF it became the norm.

p.s I kinda like the idea and think it should defiantly be tried at a few proper tournaments <3

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
Fireblaster Fireblaster @ganas I posted a fix for the cursor bug like 20 posts back. It works fine for me on my everdrive, so I assume that if it works for jorgams as well, he'll include it in the next version.

Good job jorgasms. That SSS looks nice. I guess I better post the character stuff. I'll edit it in the post in a bit.

----------------------

Okay, here is it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8-I4Z0x-xXvNGxmUzlzQzdNR1E/view?usp=sharing
That should be in the proper format to just add to the 19XXTE.txt file. Assuming that google drive doesn't mess with the formating, you should be able to just copy/paste the text in the 19XXTE.txt file

I quickly tested it to see if it was working, but I didn't look into the code to make sure the copied everything correctly after it compiled etc. If this doesn't work for you Cyjorg Cyjorg I'm linking the ASM at the end

Basically, this hack does three things
1) Turns off the L and R buttons on the SSS, so I have more buttons to use
2) Hitting "Z" on the SSS will cause you to be the Polygon version of whichever character you chose on the CSS
If you chose Mario or DK, hitting "R" on the SSS will cause you to be Metal Mario or Giant DK
3) When going back to the CSS or after a match, the polygon/Metal Mario/Giant DK character is returned to the original base character so the game doesn't crash

Bugs/Things I Find Annoying
  • Polygon Stock Icons don't work
  • Metal Mario/Polygons don't have alt colors, so everyone looks the same
  • No way to switch back from polygon/mm/gdk on SSS; have to return to CSS (add an L button function later..?
ASM Files/Basic Explanations of what I did: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8-I4Z0x-xXvTGNmM0dFSXlHTWc&usp=sharing
Good all this, but how do I use this file? Can anyone explain me how to add it to the 19XXTE patch?
Please.

Respect38

Smash Apprentice
The only reason that a hazard toggle wouldn't be optimal is if the community is so much worse than the Project M community--even though they have to decide to restrict the stage list from a plethora of potentially legal stages, and yet the world doesn't fall apart--that we wouldn't even be able to keep the world together due to the great schism of hazards.

Let me say that again: The Project M community, which has to decide which stages to ban, mostly arbitrarily, is successful, while the Smash 64 community would fall apart to something as trivial as hazards? [again, compared to entire stages in difference]

I have a little bit more faith in the community than that...

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
The only reason that a hazard toggle wouldn't be optimal is if the community is so much worse than the Project M community--even though they have to decide to restrict the stage list from a plethora of potentially legal stages, and yet the world doesn't fall apart--that we wouldn't even be able to keep the world together due to the great schism of hazards.

Let me say that again: The Project M community, which has to decide which stages to ban, mostly arbitrarily, is successful, while the Smash 64 community would fall apart to something as trivial as hazards? [again, compared to entire stages in difference]

I have a little bit more faith in the community than that...
It's not going to happen

Respect38

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I know it's not going to happen. You're absolutely wrong, because the Smash 64 community is better than you're giving it credit for, but it's still not going to happen.

Perhaps after all the work that you're doing to do on 19XX is finished, some other modders can go in and finish the work... one can hope.

SpiralOut

Smash Rookie
I don't know how to make this work with Project 64. I followed the directions in the readme file. It itsn't recognized by the emulator. It doesn't work with 1964 either.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
Smash on VC has frame skips. However injecting the rom into sin and punishment is fine
Could anyone technically explain how exactly does frameskip affect competitive play?
What I think of its like when the Wii VC "frame skips" and during these frames your inputs aren't recognized at all (i.e. you press Z/L to Z-Cancel and you miss the cancel because of this)
I want to know that because I will start doing 19xx tourneys at my local scene (I am from Venezuela btw), and getting 190$ for an everdrive plus shipping taxes is pretty much expensive for me, so I do Wii VC for now until I can afford the ED at some point later.
Great job, Jorgasms

Top Bottom