• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

GFD

Smash Cadet
I've never seen it freeze in PJ64, at least. For the heck of it, I just emulated over 3 hours of L9 CPUs fighting on FD with various settings, and nothing crashed. (I emulated faster than 60 FPS, obviously.)

Last edited:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
i have seen someone double die on FD before. instead of spwaning and ending up on the spawn platform, a time passes where they aren't on screen and then the death sound of the character happens and they lose another stock

also seen someone go through the stage

Last edited:

Martorell

Smash Rookie
I've played many hours of Kaillera sessions on FD and I`ve never had a single issue with anything you guys said, except, of course, the spawn positions. Besides that it works flawlessly for me.

Derek Bancarz

Smash Cadet
every time i do it and start it says unable to detect micro code settings and it wont start any suggestions?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
i have seen someone double die on FD before. instead of spwaning and ending up on the spawn platform, a time passes where they aren't on screen and then the death sound of the character happens and they lose another stock

also seen someone go through the stage
when playing 19XXTE or when using a gameshark code? this matters soooo much

JipC

Smash Journeyman
FD blast zone issues aren't a thing at all. Battlefield ledge issue is dumb. You can smash DI under the ledge and die for it although that doesn't make it a issue. A true issue would be like Melee's Battlefield ledges which have the collision in the wrong spot. Regardless it'll be fixed in the future.
Maybe not an issue but I remember FD having huuuuuuuuge blastzones. I know thats just the way the stage is programmed or whatever but they should be resized for the hack

Shears

Smash Master
Yes the blast zones are huge but thats the point of the stage and why it would be a counterpick, or even neutral. In other games there are stages with different blast zones and so some stages favor other characters or matchups more than others. FD blast zones are larger, yoshis are smaller, dreamland is in the middle. Thats called stage diversity and should not be considered a problem. Btw, Battlefield ledges are not janky or glitched or anything. They are fine. We used 19xx in tournament and used all the stages and yeah you can't ledge di as well as DL but that doesn't mean its bad, in fact in some situations BF gave better ledge di results. There is nothing wrong with the other stages.

On another note regarding 19xx, we used it for Genesis 3 and the timer was amazing and everything worked perfectly. We didn't use the hacked stages or alternate costumes as G3 partnering with Nintendo prevented that, but the timer was great and even a timeout happened and everything was fine. Thank you Cyjorg Cyjorg you have helped push our tournaments to a new and better level.

With all that said, some suggestions are either another version of 19xx where its just the timer (19xx nintendo no fun edition) or the ability to toggle off everything in the debug menu except for the timer.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Yes the blast zones are huge but thats the point of the stage and why it would be a counterpick, or even neutral. In other games there are stages with different blast zones and so some stages favor other characters or matchups more than others. FD blast zones are larger, yoshis are smaller, dreamland is in the middle. Thats called stage diversity and should not be considered a problem. Btw, Battlefield ledges are not janky or glitched or anything. They are fine. We used 19xx in tournament and used all the stages and yeah you can't ledge di as well as DL but that doesn't mean its bad, in fact in some situations BF gave better ledge di results. There is nothing wrong with the other stages.

On another note regarding 19xx, we used it for Genesis 3 and the timer was amazing and everything worked perfectly. We didn't use the hacked stages or alternate costumes as G3 partnering with Nintendo prevented that, but the timer was great and even a timeout happened and everything was fine. Thank you Cyjorg Cyjorg you have helped push our tournaments to a new and better level.

With all that said, some suggestions are either another version of 19xx where its just the timer (19xx nintendo no fun edition) or the ability to toggle off everything in the debug menu except for the timer.
Pretty much mirrored what I think about the new stages. I can definitely throw together a timer and boot to css only ROM patch for Nintendo sponsored events.

Shears

Smash Master
Yeah if there was an option in the debug menu that was like "Enable fun: 1" then we could just turn it all off for whenever Nintendo wants to throw a temper tantrum and keep it all on for everything else.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Pretty much mirrored what I think about the new stages. I can definitely throw together a timer and boot to css only ROM patch for Nintendo sponsored events.
Yes, a separate "no fun allowed" version with nothing visually different sounds like the safest route. It would pretty much guarantee allowing everdrives at the largest events.

Edit: or do what the guys above said and include it as a menu option, though I don't know if that's possible or a good option in general (what if you have to reset the n64 and the debug menu shows up on stream?)

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
Yes, a separate "no fun allowed" version with nothing visually different sounds like the safest route. It would pretty much guarantee allowing everdrives at the largest events.

Edit: or do what the guys above said and include it as a menu option, though I don't know if that's possible or a good option in general (what if you have to reset the n64 and the debug menu shows up on stream?)
Is the debug menu any more problematic than the everdrive rom select screen? I think as long as the game is played as is with only the addition of a timer, Nintendo will not complain as it adds their game to a competitive event without changing their textures or stages as they were intended.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
@Danny_SsB I see you're peeking here! Your hacks are a true inspiration. But when are we going to see the Fire Mario code ;)

Is the debug menu any more problematic than the everdrive rom select screen? I think as long as the game is played as is with only the addition of a timer, Nintendo will not complain as it adds their game to a competitive event without changing their textures or stages as they were intended.
Texture hacking in a toggle is likely not possible but I've done it before in Melee. We'll see.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
I ran a 19XX tournament last night using an Everdrive cart and none of the stages had issues. Metal Cavern, FD, Battlefield, and Yoshi's were all played at least once. I don't really see the need to mess with the blast zones. As Shears said, it lends itself well to stage diversity.

Last edited:

Zad

Smash Apprentice
I seem to be having some issues. I patch my rom and that seems to work just fine but when I boot the rom with PJ64 I don't see any extra stages or anything like a debug menu. Clearly I'm doing something wrong but I'm not entirely sure what that would be.

I'm also not exactly sure if there are extra steps necessary to get this working on Netplay. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated as I have no previous experience with patching files to play modded maps and little experience with Netplay. (Only been on Netplay for a few months.)

I'm interested in getting this working to have a bit of online practice for future tournaments and to be able to play FD and Battlefield. Always wanted to be able to fight my friends on FD. I noticed that a lot of people were at G3 for 64 and I'd love to start attending 64 tournaments.

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
I'm also not exactly sure if there are extra steps necessary to get this working on Netplay. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated as I have no previous experience with patching files to play modded maps and little experience with Netplay. (Only been on Netplay for a few months.)
To get 19XX working on Netplay, PJ64 would need to be able to identify it. Currently, it just shows up in my list as "Unknown", and as thus I cannot select it as a game to play for online sessions. In order for it to list properly, I'd need its info for Project64.dbe. The US version's entry looks like this:
[916B8B5B-780B85A4-C:45]
Good Name=Super Smash Bros. (U) [!]
Internal Name=SMASH BROTHERS
RDRAM Size=4
CPU Type=Recompiler
Self-modifying code Method=Change Memory
Use TLB=No
Counter Factor=2
Save Type=First Save Type
Linking=Off
Reg Cache=Yes
Use Large Buffer=No
Delay SI=No
SP Hack=No
Status=Compatible
Core Note=
Plugin Note=[video] (see GameFAQ)
Clear Frame=0
Self Texture=0
Primary Frame Buffer=0
Resolution Width=-1
Resolution Height=-1
Culling=1
Emulate Clear=0
Audio Signal=No
Would someone be capable of providing this info for 19XX?

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I seem to be having some issues. I patch my rom and that seems to work just fine but when I boot the rom with PJ64 I don't see any extra stages or anything like a debug menu. Clearly I'm doing something wrong but I'm not entirely sure what that would be.

I'm interested in getting this working to have a bit of online practice for future tournaments and to be able to play FD and Battlefield. Always wanted to be able to fight my friends on FD. I noticed that a lot of people were at G3 for 64 and I'd love to start attending 64 tournaments.
The instructions are laid out pretty well in the readme. Are you opening up the newly created rom?

Code:
xdeltaUI

c:\fakepath\19XXTE_0.9g.xdelta
c:\fakepath\original.z64
c:\fakepath\19xxte.z64
are you opening 19XXTE.z64 or just original.z64?

To get netplay working, you need to copy the .rdb file a page back into your Project64 folder.

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
Would a request for playable Metal Mario for the next version be too much? It'd be nice to have one that doesn't crash and doesn't need constant gameshark code altering.

Last edited:

Zad

Smash Apprentice
Yes I'm opening the newly created rom and it fails when I do.
The instructions are laid out pretty well in the readme. Are you opening up the newly created rom?

Code:
xdeltaUI

c:\fakepath\19XXTE_0.9g.xdelta
c:\fakepath\original.z64
c:\fakepath\19xxte.z64
are you opening 19XXTE.z64 or just original.z64?

To get netplay working, you need to copy the .rdb file a page back into your Project64 folder.

At the moment I'm just trying to get it to work at all. Yes, I'm trying the newly patched rom. When I patch the file it becomes a different file type and I get an error when I launch it. It says " Unable to detect microcode settings Microcode ID $C222DAFE ROM". I'm pretty sure I need the rdb + plugin pack for kaillera use with 19XXTE_0.9G posted on the last page but I'm not entirely sure what to do with that once I download it. Tried replacing what I thought was the rdb and glide files in Project64 but when I tried to start the emulator again it crashed and gave me a handful of errors. I must be doing something wrong again. ;.;

I'm not too sure what I'm doing right or wrong. Is there a possibility you or somebody could make a video tutorial of how to use the rdb + plugin pack for kaillera use with 19XXTE_0.9G? Would be greatly appreciated as I'd love to test this out but I'm not too good with this sort of thing.

Last edited:

Morin0

Smash Lord
Why do people have to patch the ROM themselves? I don't remember having to patch anything when Madao released his SSB mod. Is it because you can't directly provide the ROM, so you provide the tools for people who have legally obtained their ROM to do it themselves? Let's have another site host/link it that is the case.

Then again, this happened to me once:

Last edited:

JipC

Smash Journeyman

How did you get 19XXTE to run on an N64?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
When I patch the file it becomes a different file type and I get an error when I launch it. It says " Unable to detect microcode settings Microcode ID $C222DAFE ROM"
You just need to switch the plugin from Jabo's Direct3D to glide64 in Project64. As long as you replaced the .rdb file, it should be fine.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Why do people have to patch the ROM themselves?
Is it because you can't directly provide the ROM, so you provide the tools for people who have legally obtained their ROM to do it themselves?
Precisely this. Legally obtained is assumed although I guess it's possible to use a illegally obtained ROM as well. I just don't condone that and neither does SmashBoards.

Let's have another site host/link it that is the case.
Would rather not get a Cease and Desist from Nintendo. Hosting illegal things is a very quick way to have that happen as well. For example, http://www.fullscreenmario.com/ was shut down but the source is still available.

Zad

Smash Apprentice
You just need to switch the plugin from Jabo's Direct3D to glide64 in Project64. As long as you replaced the .rdb file, it should be fine.
Thank you very much for all your help! I finally got it working! :D Sorry I was bothersome; I'm not too great at this sort of thing even if it is as simple as replacing files. Playing Metal Cavern, Final Destination, and Battlefield with my friends this weekend will be a blast! :fox64:

Jayr

Smash Cadet
Excellent thread. I pretend to use this 19XXTE on Brazilian Tournaments as well. :)

Keep going, man!

ThaJakester

Valatunda! Valatunda!
NNID
ThaJakester
Hey Jorgasms! I've read all the posts since my last post, but I just want to confirm with absolute certainty! xD ! On the new stages like FD, MC, BF, and YI No Clouds, you definitely haven't altered any of them? The weird BF ledges are BOTH present in running them through Gameshark AND 19XX TE?

I desire to be sure about this for I plan to advertise gameshark use to my local scene if they cannot afford to get an everdrive 64 with your 19XX TE ROM hack.

If the same "stage issues" are present in both 19XX TE and the gameshark stages then I'm fine advertising gameshark to my scene. IMO the cheaper price of a gameshark is worth the hassle in comparison to an expensive everdrive. The only issues(if not stage issues...) that I have encountered with the gameshark route is that the game can randomly freeze. However, it has only freezed on me while on the character/stage select and not actually in game. This leads me to believe that going gameshark can still be TOURNEY PLAUSIBLE. The other issue besides freezing is the lack of a timer, but, there is technically a gameshark code for that...it just doesn't work on N64 hardware. However, I plan to ask gameshark wizards if they can create a code that DOES work on regular hardware. If this happens my dreams for using both 19XX TE + ED64 and Gameshark will be realized<3

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Hey Jorgasms! I've read all the posts since my last post, but I just want to confirm with absolute certainty! xD ! On the new stages like FD, MC, BF, and YI No Clouds, you definitely haven't altered any of them? The weird BF ledges are BOTH present in running them through Gameshark AND 19XX TE?

I desire to be sure about this for I plan to advertise gameshark use to my local scene if they cannot afford to get a gameshark with your 19XX TE ROM hack.

If the same "stage issues" are present in both 19XX TE and the gameshark stages then I'm fine advertising gameshark to my scene. IMO the cheaper price of a gameshark is worth the hassle in comparison to an expensive everdrive. The only issues(if not stage issues...) that I have encountered with the gameshark route is that the game can randomly freeze. However, it has only freezed on me while on the character/stage select and not actually in game. This leads me to believe that going gameshark can still be TOURNEY PLAUSIBLE. The other issue besides freezing is the lack of a timer, but, there is technically a gameshark code for that...it just doesn't work on N64 hardware. However, I plan to ask gameshark wizards if they can create a code that DOES work on regular hardware. If this happens my dreams for using both 19XX TE + ED64 and Gameshark will be realized<3
The Battlefield ledge are fine and functional. Just like in Melee, it's slightly harder to recover but there are absolutely no "glitches with the stage. They will be changed eventually but right now they're are more imporant things to do.

While what I've done with 19XXTE is possible via gameshark, I would not suggest using one. Gameshark codes may work but often times cause more glitches (like falling through FD) because they constantly write to an address that could be used for something else at a different time.

Edit: the timer doesn't work for the same reason. It's not likely that you'll ever be able to write a safe code as RAM addresses change.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
The Battlefield ledge are fine and functional. Just like in Melee, it's slightly harder to recover but there are absolutely no "glitches with the stage. They will be changed eventually but right now they're are more imporant things to do.

While what I've done with 19XXTE is possible via gameshark, I would not suggest using one. Gameshark codes may work but often times cause more glitches (like falling through FD) because they constantly write to an address that could be used for something else at a different time.

Edit: the timer doesn't work for the same reason. It's not likely that you'll ever be able to write a safe code as RAM addresses change.
TLDR only God and Jorgasms can make 19xxte work.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord

been had a no fun edition, madao made it for me/us and its called quickmatch

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
Hey Cyjorg Cyjorg , I have a suggestion for something that's not part of the mod.

I'd like to see something like a mailing list, so myself and other subscribers could get e-mail notifications when the mod is updated. What do you think?

Top Bottom