• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

Shears

Smash Master
Playable polygon fighters
From a guy on facebook

"Jimmy Ianieri super excited for all the fixed.... however... the first thing i did was picked polygon DK and for w/e reason my R button doesnt grab. first i thought this was a bug with the rom and my hori then i tried other controllers and same thing. i picked a few other chars and didnt change them to polygon (so normal skins) and the R button grabs just fine.. any way to pass this on to the ppl who can fix that?"

tehz

Smash Apprentice
lol am I getting baited?

polygons don't have grabs or b-moves?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
From a guy on facebook

"Jimmy Ianieri super excited for all the fixed.... however... the first thing i did was picked polygon DK and for w/e reason my R button doesnt grab. first i thought this was a bug with the rom and my hori then i tried other controllers and same thing. i picked a few other chars and didnt change them to polygon (so normal skins) and the R button grabs just fine.. any way to pass this on to the ppl who can fix that?"
Well it's not a bug as polygon characters can't grab or use special moves to begin with but a fix may be possible. This is probably a question better suited for @Madao

tehz

Smash Apprentice
the first impression was that they would play as the normal characters just with polygon skins.
Now that I've downloaded the new version I can see why you had that impression

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
oops10 characters

thanks so much for the update!

is there a way to make a version that skips the win screen like the previous version?

ALSO: rdb file for use with kaillera?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
those are cool and are intentional. the jigglypuff and pika costumes SmoothLander posted are glitched/unintentional.
By glitched you mean awesome and add character, right?

But in all honesty, this is a low priority issue. If you don't want to use those costumes, don't. If you think they're comical (like myself), use them.

exTro

Smash Rookie
So I'm really sorry to ask such a stupid question maybe but: How do I get 19XXTE from scratch now? What do I need to do exactly to get the whole stuff here to work properly. I'm really interested in this stuff but I was totally confused about the downloads and all that stuff. :(

So I would really appreciate it if someone would give me a good detailed list about what to do so I get the whole 19XXTE experience with the new patch and stuff. Can alss be in a private message.

Thanks in advance!

FrayedAdversity

Smash Rookie
Well it's not a bug as polygon characters can't grab or use special moves to begin with but a fix may be possible. This is probably a question better suited for @Madao
polygon characters also have their physics properties and hurtbox dimensions from the japanese version, which is probably important to note if you want them to behave like alternate costumes

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
So I'm really sorry to ask such a stupid question maybe but: How do I get 19XXTE from scratch now? What do I need to do exactly to get the whole stuff here to work properly. I'm really interested in this stuff but I was totally confused about the downloads and all that stuff. :(

So I would really appreciate it if someone would give me a good detailed list about what to do so I get the whole 19XXTE experience with the new patch and stuff. Can alss be in a private message.

Thanks in advance!
Step by step instructions are in the readme

cvskid

Smash Rookie
Ultra smash bros is great so far. Having 1 issue with the game though, don't know if it is because i am using a everdrive 64 or what but in training mode when choosing either metal cavern, yoshi's island, battlefield, or final destination, the game freezes up causing me to have to turn the n64 off then back on again.

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Ultra smash bros is great so far. Having 1 issue with the game though, don't know if it is because i am using a everdrive 64 or what but in training mode when choosing either metal cavern, yoshi's island, battlefield, or final destination, the game freezes up causing me to have to turn the n64 off then back on again.
I think I talked about this a few pages back but the stages are illegal in training mode and will cause a freeze. I don't have a fix at the moment

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman

Shears

Smash Master
Some people said the alternate costumes/colors only works for P1... Haven't tried it out myself yet, probably will on Monday but just reporting some feedback from others. Its awesome what you've done and this is really changing the future of 64 so I look forward to any more work you do with this and hope it all works as well as it does in my dreams.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Thank you!

(It says "unknown bad rom" when I boot it on pj64 but opens alright. When I go on a server it doesn't give me the option to select it for a lobby (i have the new rdb file). Did you get it to work online or know what is wrong on my end?
Click refresh rom list. I believe it's under file.

exTro

Smash Rookie
Step by step instructions are in the readme
So what is the patch now? Also I did everything the readme wanted from me but then when I wanted to chose one of these two .xdelta files, I get an error. Did I do something wrong then? Until that point everything worked fine. Sorry if I'm too bad to do this properly...

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
So what is the patch now? Also I did everything the readme wanted from me but then when I wanted to chose one of these two .xdelta files, I get an error. Did I do something wrong then? Until that point everything worked fine. Sorry if I'm too bad to do this properly...
If you get an error after pressing "apply patch" then you don't have an unmodified, big endian rom.

exTro

Smash Rookie
If you get an error after pressing "apply patch" then you don't have an unmodified, big endian rom.
But it was big endian already. But I still patched it to big endian to be sure so I don't know. Hmm... Maybe it is wrong that I made it that I open the file with Project 64. So the files have the symbol of P64 (I get an error when I open it that way). Does this cause a problem or doesn't it matter?

EDIT: Also it's a z64 file. Is this also the right fileform?

EDIT (2): Wow everything I try is not working. T_T Can you give me a download link via PM to get everything or isn't this possible. :( I'm sorry if I annoy you ...

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
But it was big endian already. But I still patched it to big endian to be sure so I don't know. Hmm... Maybe it is wrong that I made it that I open the file with Project 64. So the files have the symbol of P64 (I get an error when I open it that way). Does this cause a problem or doesn't it matter?
No it doesn't matter

EDIT: Also it's a z64 file. Is this also the right fileform?
Depends on how you got the file. If you just changed the extension to z64 nothing matter. As long as the arrow next to the file name in tool64 is pointing right, you're fine.

EDIT (2): Wow everything I try is not working. T_T Can you give me a download link via PM to get everything or isn't this possible. :( I'm sorry if I annoy you ...
No.

I guess it's important to add that you need a USA copy of the rom as well. If you want help, you're going to have to tell me exactly where you're getting your error. You just told me it's not working and I need more than that.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Some people said the alternate costumes/colors only works for P1... Haven't tried it out myself yet, probably will on Monday but just reporting some feedback from others. Its awesome what you've done and this is really changing the future of 64 so I look forward to any more work you do with this and hope it all works as well as it does in my dreams.
I just patched this with one line of code. I'll wait for a bit to see if any other bugs come up before I release a hot fix.

themanthemaster

Smash Rookie
You could add a preview picture for FD, it still shows Mushroom Kingdom.

Also, I rather like the "Congo Jungle" typo, it's imperfect and it's unique to the game, we should embrace it.

Edit: One more change I'd like to add. Do you know how to fix the game so that it doesn't play the How to Play and character gallery after 5 minutes? Avoiding the freezing would be a nice addition.

Last edited:

exTro

Smash Rookie
No it doesn't matter

Depends on how you got the file. If you just changed the extension to z64 nothing matter. As long as the arrow next to the file name in tool64 is pointing right, you're fine.

No.

I guess it's important to add that you need a USA copy of the rom as well. If you want help, you're going to have to tell me exactly where you're getting your error. You just told me it's not working and I need more than that.
I have a USA Rom of the game. The patches are these widescreen and the fullscreen .xdelta files right? The mistake is happening when I use the Litepatcher or how it's called put in the copy file in the upper box and one of the files in the bottom box and press apply patch but then the error accurs "Access denied".

So I do everything until then and everything works. I create a copy and use the tool to get it to big endian (it is already for whatever reason) and then I use the other program to patch the files and there is the error. :(

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I have a USA Rom of the game. The patches are these widescreen and the fullscreen .xdelta files right? The mistake is happening when I use the Litepatcher or how it's called put in the copy file in the upper box and one of the files in the bottom box and press apply patch but then the error accurs "Access denied".

So I do everything until then and everything works. I create a copy and use the tool to get it to big endian (it is already for whatever reason) and then I use the other program to patch the files and there is the error. :(
copy and past what's in the "log" box

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
You could add a preview picture for FD, it still shows Mushroom Kingdom.

Also, I rather like the "Congo Jungle" typo, it's imperfect and it's unique to the game, we should embrace it.

Edit: One more change I'd like to add. Do you know how to fix the game so that it doesn't play the How to Play and character gallery after 5 minutes? Avoiding the freezing would be a nice addition.
1. I'll try
2. Why...
3. I'll try

Top Bottom