• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
(old video, see below for full list of features)

(how to patch your rom!)

PLEASE TEST FOR FRAME DROPS!
DOWNLOAD 19XXTE 0.11 DEV
SOURCE CODE

New to 0.10/0.11 Dev:
Updated Title (0.10 Dev)
Fixed compatibility to issues with WADs (for Dolphin/Wii Emulation)
Fixed comparability issues with Jabo's Direct3D plugin
Removed Debug Menu, VS. Options Menu is the new location of toggles
.....Tournament Mode (placeholder, leave on none)
.....Widescreen [Danny_SsB]
.....Hitboxes
.....Skip Results
.....Random Music
.....Play Music
.....P1 - P4 Stick Hack Stoggle
Added Stick Hack Toggle (for use with derek/gamecube style sticks. Make tilts more like the original joystick)
Added Random Music Toggle
Added Salty Runback Feature (Hold any CButtons while the game is ending to restart the match)
Changed Polygon Chars, Polygon versions of the characters the same way normal costumes are (go all the way left)
Anti-Aliasing Disabled (Possible Lag Reduction)
Reverted SSS to original layout (I don't think anyone realized the top row was "legal stages" anyways)
Team Attack is Always On, Cannot be changed

Before 0.10/0.11 Dev:
Updated Stage Select Screen (Battlefield, Final Destination, Metal Cavern, Yoshi's Island w/o Clouds)
Tournament Settings On Boot
All Stages Unlocked
All Characters Unlocked
Timed Stock Matches
Use CLeft and CRight to cycle through ALL costume colors
Play As Polygon Fighters (Note: They don't have special moves or grabs. This is not a bug) [Jorgasms, tehz]
Boot to CSS Menu [Mada0]
All CPUs are Level 9 By Default [Mada0]

Known Bugs:
Playing a team stock match with hitboxes enabled causes player models to be displayed front and center in hitbox mode on the character select screen. Characters will continue to be displayed in hitbox mode until the toggles are turned off and the next match begins.
I forgot the "P1 Stick Hack Text"
Polygon Characters don't have stock icons.
Final Destination preview is still Mushroom Kingdom.
Only FFA and 2v2 teams are scored correctly.

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Cool.

Is there a way to get it to auto boot to char select? I know @ KnitePhox KnitePhox 's quickmatch rom did it!

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Ok so it's clear that I'm not the first person to do rom patches lol good stuff. Anyway the link was updated to include the Boot to CSS Code and Timed Stock Matches. Thanks for the suggestion guys. Keep um coming

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
So you can't play Peaches at all? This would've been an awesome idea if you hadn't gotten rid of one of the like 3 stages that's still tournament legal (though not for long).

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
You kept Sector Z and got rid of Peaches castle? :(
So you can't play Peaches at all? This would've been an awesome idea if you hadn't gotten rid of one of the like 3 stages that's still tournament legal (though not for long).
I'm very very new to the SSB64 scene and had no idea Peach's castle was legal. I'll fix that when I get home today

ganas

Smash Cadet
Do all stages work for all game modes? For training mode, I couldn't get FD to work (freeze) and Yoshi's had the clouds back.

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
Wow great work Jorgasms, I can't like your post often enough!
I have to try this out. < 3 Metal Cavern < 3
On a side note, did you remove the tornados from Hyrule and the wind from Dreamland?

To get this on my Wii, should I inject it into my SSB .wad file or can the Wii easily emulate the rom?

Last edited:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Iirc you can inject ssb modded roms into sin and punishment .wad files, alternatively you can run the ROM using mupen on your Wii. Inject should run a LOT smoother though

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Wow great work Jorgasms, I can't like your post often enough!
I have to try this out. < 3 Metal Cavern < 3
On a side note, did you remove the tornados from Hyrule and the wind from Dreamland?

To get this on my Wii, should I inject it into my SSB .wad file or can the Wii easily emulate the rom?
I usually stray away from hazard removals and things that make parts of the original stages different (Yoshi's was an exception because it was not legal before). If the community demands it, I'll make it happen. I think KnitePhox answered your question above

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
Iirc you can inject ssb modded roms into sin and punishment .wad files, alternatively you can run the ROM using mupen on your Wii. Inject should run a LOT smoother though
thanks dude, gonna try that.

@ Cyjorg Cyjorg may I ask you where I can find the offset of the stage loading manipulation, I want to change my rom so Yoshi's (instead of Peach's Castle) will load Battlefield.

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
thanks dude, gonna try that.

@ Cyjorg Cyjorg may I ask you where I can find the offset of the stage loading manipulation, I want to change my rom so Yoshi's (instead of Peach's Castle) will load Battlefield.
This is on my todo list for 0.5.1 (which I should have uploaded whenever I get home). I, however, have 1 question. Is there any specific reason you want Yoshi's replaced instead of replacing Saffron City?

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
This is on my todo list for 0.5.1 (which I should have uploaded whenever I get home). I, however, have 1 question. Is there any specific reason you want Yoshi's replaced instead of replacing Saffron City?
It's just a preference thing for me, I would be ok with either SectorZ, Yoshi's or Saffron replaced.
You can take whichever you want, they are all three medicore stages, imo Yoshi's is just the worst.
Looking forward to your version 0.5.1!

divekicked

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if i'm late but i'd much rather have yoshi's with no clouds stay than safron or sector z

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
v0.5.1 released. Nothing too exciting.

- CPUs are now automatically level 9.
- Peach's Castle is back.
- More temporary changes to the SSS.
- Changed the name to 19XXTE to get rid of any confusion.

Right now, stages do not load correctly in training mode. I'll come up with a fix as soon as I get more free time (between work and school).

Think you could add a 16/9 mod like the melee 20xx has?
This isn't a priority at the moment although I hope to look into in the future. Right now, my biggest concern is texturing the stage select screen.

I'm not sure if i'm late but i'd much rather have yoshi's with no clouds stay than safron or sector z
I ended up scrapping Sector Z.

-nero

Smash Rookie
v0.5.1 released. Nothing too exciting.

- CPUs are now automatically level 9.
- Peach's Castle is back.
- More temporary changes to the SSS.
- Changed the name to 19XXTE to get rid of any confusion.

Right now, stages do not load correctly in training mode. I'll come up with a fix as soon as I get more free time (between work and school).

This isn't a priority at the moment although I hope to look into in the future. Right now, my biggest concern is texturing the stage select screen.

I ended up scrapping Sector Z.
Letting you know, I just tried this version and Sector-Z is loading instead of Battlefield, and Battlefield is loading instead of Saffron. Everything else seems to be working fine.

This is pretty cool btw

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
this will replace QUICKMATCH link on server

im going to make a .rdb edit and post it here for the patched rom to work online easily right now

EDIT: harder than i thoguht, still going

EDIT2: really can't get this **** to work, going to take longer to replace quickmatch

i tried choosing random in this rompatch and the stage was mushroom kingdom, HEH

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
this will replace QUICKMATCH link on server

im going to make a .rdb edit and post it here for the patched rom to work online easily right now

EDIT: harder than i thoguht, still going

EDIT2: really can't get this **** to work, going to take longer to replace quickmatch

i tried choosing random in this rompatch and the stage was mushroom kingdom, HEH
I'm honored. I'll look into the bug as well.

tehz

Smash Apprentice
Great work!!

From version 0.5, it doesn't look like you're adjusting the "stage previews" zoom or position (so Beta looks really small and offset). I can post the zoom/x-axis locations when I get home (if you want). They're just floats that are a little later in memory then the stage list.

Also, I'd love to see how you handled the stage load manipulation! I'd be great if you could post a short explanation if/when you get the time. Meanwhile, I'll keep looking at your patch to see if I can figure it out for myself.

divekicked

Smash Cadet
I've always wanted something like this, i'm really happy this exists now. thanks alot.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Great work!!

From version 0.5, it doesn't look like you're adjusting the "stage previews" zoom or position (so Beta looks really small and offset). I can post the zoom/x-axis locations when I get home (if you want). They're just floats that are a little later in memory then the stage list.

Also, I'd love to see how you handled the stage load manipulation! I'd be great if you could post a short explanation if/when you get the time. Meanwhile, I'll keep looking at your patch to see if I can figure it out for myself.
Yeah I know where the floats are I just haven't taken the time to map them out (that stuff is tedious and I don't have a ton of time on my hands).

When I get home, I'll try to post how modified asm function works.

divekicked

Smash Cadet
I heard that battlefield has a glitch where you get killed if you SDI into the stage, is it possible to fix that?

divekicked

Smash Cadet
Yeah, don't play battlefield.
Yeah that was the plan lol. But seeing as this is a hack that adds/changes stages i thought it would be appropriate to ask if battlefield could be fixed.

Last edited:

tehz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I know where the floats are I just haven't taken the time to map them out (that stuff is tedious and I don't have a ton of time on my hands).

When I get home, I'll try to post how modified asm function works.
Here's a list of the zoom floats and the x position floats for the stage previews. I haven't found any y position things (despite how obvious the paired floats with the x-pos look), but that's probably due to the function that causes the stage to bob up and down.

Attachments

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Here's a list of the zoom floats and the x position floats for the stage previews. I haven't found any y position things (despite how obvious the paired floats with the x-pos look), but that's probably due to the function that causes the stage to bob up and down.
Well that's helpful. I'll add this to the Code Set whenever I patch the bugs that have been pointed out by other users.

I wrote this months ago and my notes are awful. I think I can explain it, though.

When I first started this project, I quickly found out how to change the stages on the stage select screen. While swapping the existing stages worked flawlessly, trying to add in stages like FD caused the game to freeze because the textures would fail to load. After a little fiddling, I found the function that loads the Stage IDs on the SSS to display textures at 0x8013248C. By default the code is as follows.

Code:
lw v0,0x0000(t2)

@t2
00000000 00000002 00000004 00000003 00000008 00000005 00000006 00000001 00000007
This instruction loads the stage ID from a table like the one above where the last byte is the stage ID. The instruction lw means "load word" which essentially takes 4 bytes from a memory location into a register. Because only the last byte matters, I changed the instruction from lw to lb, load byte.

Code:
#old
lw v0,0x0000(t2)

#new, the 0x0003 is there to grab the byte at 0x47  which is something, not 0x44, which is nothing (arbitrary offsets)
lb v0,0x0003(t2)
After both instructions are ran, the register v0 is the same (000000XX) which frees up the first 3 bytes in each word. Now, truthfully, I kind of lucked out with this part. The function that store the stage ID to be loaded (so when you press a on the stage select screen) is written inefficiently.

Code:
#original
lui s1, $800A
addiu s1, s1, $4ad0
sb v0, $000f(s1)

#pseudo code
1. Make register s1 = 0x80130000
2. Add 0x4ad0 to s1. So s1  is now 0x80134adf.
3. Store the contents of v0 (the stage ID) 0xf from the memory location in s1. So store the stage ID at 0x80134adf
This same function can be written with 2 instructions.

Code:
#new
nop
lui s1, $800A
sb v0, $4adf(s1)

#pseudo code
1. Do nothing/blank line.
2. Make register s1 = 0x80130000
3. Store the contents of v0 (the stage ID) 0x4adf from the memory location in s1. So, store the stage ID at 0x80134adf.
Now because register t2 (the memory address that we got the stage ID into v0 from initially) has not been altered, I can do this.

Code:
#newest
lb v0, $0000(t2)
lui s1, $800A
sb v0, $4adf(s1)

#pseudo code
1. Load the "stage to load" byte, as assigned by me
2. Make register s1 = 0x80130000
3. Store the contents of v0 (the stage ID) 0x4adf from the memory location in s1. So, store the stage ID at 0x80134adf.
This allows me to say what stage will be loaded and what texture will be shown. For example, Battlefield (0E) replaces Sector Z (01) so it's table entry is 0E000001 where 0E is the stage to load and 01 is the texture to load.

This took so long to type lol hope it helped.

tehz

Smash Apprentice
Amazing. I saw in your text file how you had set up the stage table (the 0x0E000001 stuff), so I figured you were doing something where you'd load things with the normal value while loading the stage with novel value. Taking advantage of how words were used to store bytes is really elegant!

I'm extra motivated to finish my dumb little play as polygons/mm/giant dk hack now.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Amazing. I saw in your text file how you had set up the stage table (the 0x0E000001 stuff), so I figured you were doing something where you'd load things with the normal value while loading the stage with novel value. Taking advantage of how words were used to store bytes is really elegant!

I'm extra motivated to finish my dumb little play as polygons/mm/giant dk hack now.
Thank you! After I found out I couldn't just branch to blank space like Melee (afaik), I had to get a little creative.

Also, your hack sounds exciting. Look forward to seeing what you can do.

Naki

Smash Rookie
I have not tested the unknown numbers. Only going off what I see on from the .5.2 text document. Please correct me if I am wrong.
00 - Peach's Castle
01 - Great Fox / Sector Z
02 - Congo Jungle
03 -Zebes
04 - Hyrule
05 - Yoshi Story
06 - Dreamland
07 - Yamabuki
08 - Mushroom Kingdom
09 -
0A
0B
0C - Yoshi Beta
0D - Metal Cavern
0E - Battlefield
0F
10 - Final Destination

Thank you very much for your work on this. It is simply amazing.

Is there any way to fix the [Unknown] Rom Status and [Bad ROM? Use GoodN64 & check for updated INI] when using P64KVE? To netplay with this version, I host a game and then rename the 19XXTE file to the hosted game to get it to load since netplay won't let me host a game with [Unknown] status.

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I have not tested the unknown numbers. Only going off what I see on from the .5.2 text document. Please correct me if I am wrong.
00 - Peach's Castle
01 - Great Fox / Sector Z
02 - Congo Jungle
03 -Zebes
04 - Hyrule
05 - Yoshi Story
06 - Dreamland
07 - Yamabuki
08 - Mushroom Kingdom
09 -
0A
0B
0C - Yoshi Beta
0D - Metal Cavern
0E - Battlefield
0F
10 - Final Destination

Thank you very much for your work on this. It is simply amazing.

Is there any way to fix the [Unknown] Rom Status and [Bad ROM? Use GoodN64 & check for updated INI] when using P64KVE? To netplay with this version, I host a game and then rename the 19XXTE file to the hosted game to get it to load since netplay won't let me host a game with [Unknown] status.
[collapse="Full List"]
00 - peach's castle
01 - sector z
02 - congo jungle
03 - planet zebes
04 - hyrule castle
05 - yoshi's island
06 - dreamland
07 - safron city
08 - mushroom kingdom
09 - dreamland beta 1
0a - dreamland beta 2
0b - dreamland beta 3 (tutorial stage)
0c - yoshi's island (no clouds)
0d - metal cavern
0e - battlefield
0f - race to the finish
10 - final destination (only works with fixes)
[/collapse]

I'm pretty sure it's possible to do by editing the ROM data base file (.rdb) file. How exactly? I'm not sure entirely sure. I'll look into it.

Just so everyone know I am listening to their suggestions, here is my current to do list.

1. Fix alternate stage loading for the training stages.
2. Fix Random function. It currently loads the original stages instead of the alternate stages.
3. Change position/zoom of the stage previews on the SSS.
4. Make a hype video that doesn't suck.
5. Add a feature for editing .rdb file.
6. Make a tutorial on how to play this on your Wii.
7. Figure out texture hacking...I refuse to believe it's not possible.
8. Look into the Widescreen Gameshark code.
9. Fix Battlefield?

If I missed anything let me know.

Top Bottom